Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

awaken, my grandpas

protect us from off-meds mottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
I think it's cool how mottom's key changes depending on her emotional state (mainly how furious she is). Like here it's sort of stable but glowing and on fire a bit because she's calm-angry, but in the most recent one here it's sort of contorted and writhing because she's entirely consumed with unrestrained fury. Also I just really love her as a villain in general.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A Spherical Sponge posted:

I think it's cool how mottom's key changes depending on her emotional state (mainly how furious she is). Like here it's sort of stable but glowing and on fire a bit because she's calm-angry, but in the most recent one here it's sort of contorted and writhing because she's entirely consumed with unrestrained fury. Also I just really love her as a villain in general.

It might be coincidental but in cold fury, she's garbed in primarily (off-)white swooping uniformly in one direction, and now in 1000% MAD mode, she's in black clothes rippling violently. Little more UN and YIS

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually, I'm going with the good old To Be Continued meme and Roundabout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

:allears:

So what metal song started playing in your head? Or anime soundtrack for the more DBZ-inclined.

psalm 69

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ThaumPenguin posted:

Hedging my bets on this because the alternative is sad while Mammon becoming the Grand Dragon once again is metal

I'll be honest this is exactly why I made that quite desperate interpretation. I hope I'm right :ohdear:

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

MonsieurChoc posted:

:allears:

So what metal song started playing in your head? Or anime soundtrack for the more DBZ-inclined.

Progenies of the Great Apocalypse.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I know that there's basically no support for it in the text but I really like the idea that Mottom is back to being young because she's finally no longer afraid and is just running on pure unbridled turbofury. Just so indescribably loving mad at this shithead barista that she's forgotten to age.

Aumanor posted:

Honestly, I think it's more probable that she simply has a stockpile. Note that her servants here were gathering the fruits into baskets, it's only logical she has at least some stashed away. Except now that stash is very, very finite and since she can't make more of them anymore, she can literally count the days she has left.

She probably does have a huge stockpile, but husband fruit is just one way to extend your life, so being pissed off at Allison is going to help Mottom either by making the fruit more effective, or just helping her ignore the aging effects. She seemed to be perfectly fine as a wizened half corpse, and the anti-aging was more to deal with her need to appear beautiful before her subjects instead of needing the health benefits of youth. Hopefully we'll get to see her bust out some wizard kung fu now that she isn't three feet tall.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
The walls of Yre have been breached and gold will soon lose it's value in Throne's economy, the same way Egypt's economy suffered from Mansa Musa's pelgrimage when he dumped gold by the ton while passing through. Mottom, with her massive colonial economy, will be best of by just loving of already and opening up a noodle shop. There is no place for her in Throne now that she has lost the source of her buttfruit, the peace has been breached, her court is in shambled and her worlds destabilised by the massive looming inflation. If she's coming for either mammon's of allisson's key there is no way that is going to work out for her seeing as she has no army, just guild lords who demand more plunder and they don't seem like the bunch who will fight for her when there's no money for a war. But she also seems like the kind of person who can hold a grudge and not care about destroying everything when she knows she's about to die. Crashing her summer fortress into Yre seems like a suicide move and maybe she's already realised that. So it looks like a noodle shop is not in the cards i guess :(. A shame. Good noodle vendors are hard to find.

Also looking forward to the meeting between Incubus and auntie Maya. A former commander (ex-demiurge?) of the greatest army and the usurper who handpicked his warriors from the broken remnants of aforementioned army. That is bound to get interesting. My money's on auntie maya. Hack at those bloated shins.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

If both/either of Mottom and Mammon die I wonder who'll end up with the Keys

Allison, Maya, Mottom/Mammon absorbing the other demiurge's key, etc

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

A Spherical Sponge posted:

a key change is a time-tested way to introduce drama and tension to a work

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I bet 00001 gets grandpa's key when he dies

And Mottom absolutely knew this was a suicide run, she's so extra she even dressed in black for her own funeral

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didnt abbadon say that mottom was going to be around until the end of the comic somewhere

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mottom being willing to die is the thing that will make her able to live.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is true

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Grandpa Dragon looks so excited that there's someone he recognizes come to visit. Just look at him.

'Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tollymain posted:

didnt abbadon say that mottom was going to be around until the end of the comic somewhere

Zoss has been dead since the sixth page of the comic.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

White Coke posted:

Zoss has been dead since the sixth page of the comic.

However, if you progress far enough in the study of Royalty, you realize that there is actually zero difference between life and death.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shugojin posted:

However, if you progress far enough in the study of Royalty, you realize that there is actually zero difference between life and death. You imbecile. You loving moron

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Grandpa Dragon looks so excited that there's someone he recognizes come to visit. Just look at him.

'Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

well he knows now that they have pairs for bridge

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im reasonably certain mottom is not on zoss's level

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I love all the emotions and feelings and character work we've had lately, but I'm also very excited to hop back into hyper violent God murder for a while

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im hype for two-page spreads of near-psychedelic violence

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i'm looking forward to ten pages of some extremely detailed and well rendered hands of gin rummy. Or maybe some pai gow.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Who What Now posted:

'Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

To me it looks like he's backing off in fear or preparing the mother of all headbutts.

I'm hoping for the latter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mammon, use Skull Bash!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he cant, mottom used roar

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If you guys think this ends any way other than Mottom brutally murdering the old guy and cackling manaically while she shitcans 001 then we've been reading different comics.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

nimby posted:

To me it looks like he's backing off in fear or preparing the mother of all headbutts.

I'm hoping for the latter.

No he is deffo extremely happy to see a good friend that he loves dearly. Maybe you should get your eyes checked?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

wiegieman posted:

If you guys think this ends any way other than Mottom brutally murdering the old guy and cackling manaically while she shitcans 001 then we've been reading different comics.

I can see it being a mutual kill as two decaying demiurges blow each other the gently caress up, shattering Throne’s balance of power. Mammon may be the weakest demiurge, but Mottom is rapidly descending to his level.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I expect 00001 to not go down easy, possibly at all- she has some real unfinished business and Abaddon doesn't kill characters off without wringing use from them.

Mammon might well get smote though :<

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Poor grandpa dog

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

I expect 00001 to not go down easy, possibly at all- she has some real unfinished business and Abaddon doesn't kill characters off without wringing use from them.

Mammon might well get smote though :<

The question is how much power 000001 will retain if Mammon dies, as she will no longer be his avatar. She'll probably be pretty powerful for reasons anyway, especially if she takes Mammon's key before anyone else can get to it

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The dog always dies in stories. Especially old dogs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Right now I'm leaning towards 'grandpa dog gets 'killed' by the return of Mammon the monster'. It'd even parallel nicely with the Allison v Allison earlier in the book.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

ThaumPenguin posted:

The question is how much power 000001 will retain if Mammon dies, as she will no longer be his avatar. She'll probably be pretty powerful for reasons anyway, especially if she takes Mammon's key before anyone else can get to it
Mammon dies, 00001 gets the key. That would be the maximum level of hosed up.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see 00001 get the key, what better way to start the new war than with the rise of a new demiurge? One leading the church of a dead god?

e: I mean she already shows up to the meetings

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
00001 gets depowered, heroically evacuates the vault-dwellers with our main crew’s help, ends up in Allison’s ever-expanding harem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder what Allison is going to do in the upcoming fight, other than like, wheeze helplessly and not die somehow

Kinda want to see two of Cio's papermen running off with Allison on a gurney