Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
When is there gonna be more Teacher's Lounge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

the Insane Piano posted:

When is there gonna be more Teacher's Lounge?

Eventually. Soonish hopefully? They are recording:

https://twitter.com/BigGrandeUCB/status/976928206115647488

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Know Such Peace posted:

I agree. I get the bit, but that doesn't make it a good bit. Hopefully they'll transition out of it eventually.

if there's one thing i've learned from listening to sean and hayes nonstop since 2012, it's that their dynamic never changes

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Is anyone else having issues getting stitcher to actually download the episodes? It shows the green progress bar going around the episodes icon but they still try to buffer when I play them.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Threedom was really amazing today, almost a solid half hour of them recounting grotesque childhood injuries while the others ragged on the storyteller.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Piquai Souban posted:

Threedom was really amazing today, almost a solid half hour of them recounting grotesque childhood injuries while the others ragged on the storyteller.

Yes! It's a great episode. When you think nothing could top Lapkus's multiple concussion stories, Scott Auks comes in hot with being the most ridiculed kid ever and the bicycle story.

It's actually exactly what I wanted Raised By TV to be.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:same:

It's awful. Why on earth is any podcast app still buffering in 2018 in the first place? I can stream from my primary podcast app without ever encountering a buffer. An average podcast episode is, what, like 40mb max?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Eventually. Soonish hopefully? They are recording:

https://twitter.com/BigGrandeUCB/status/976928206115647488

Sweet!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

It's awful. Why on earth is any podcast app still buffering in 2018 in the first place? I can stream from my primary podcast app without ever encountering a buffer. An average podcast episode is, what, like 40mb max?

Oddly enough, it seems like a few of the premium series (on howl, at least) are posted at 48khz, 320kbps cbr, so like ~140MB/hr.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I downloaded the season 2 Dalton Wilcox ep from the howl site because I couldn't get it to play on either of the apps and it was like 250mb

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That episode is pretty long and the musical content probably bumps up the bitrate. Still, shouldn’t buffer in 2018.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah each of the Threedom episodes are ~160mb which...seems excessive.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

It's actually exactly what I wanted Raised By TV to be.

Speaking of, last week's Raised By TV was really good - probably because they had a guest (Dave Nadelberg, creator of the "Mortified" reading series) and a pretty specific topic (Teen Angst TV.) A little focus did wonders.

Then yesterday's episode was back to half-remembering Home Improvement and Lauren getting really upset about an episode of Doogie Howser where Vinnie was made-for-TV homophobic, as if it wasn't an early 90's family sitcom that was going to end on a "Vinnie (and the audience) learned an important lesson and has a gay friend now" note.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"I took 13 drumsticks"
"I see"
"and I shoved them up 12 asses"
"oh......so someone got two huh?"
"Someone got two!"

The Gil & Golly Variety Hour has been great and Jess McKenna hasn't even shown up yet

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

WoG posted:

Oddly enough, it seems like a few of the premium series (on howl, at least) are posted at 48khz, 320kbps cbr, so like ~140MB/hr.

This drives me crazy, somebody tweet at Brett and tell him 128 is more than plenty for speech and vbr is even better if there's any significant amount of silence (which there always is between people taking). Some of us listen to podcasts on mobile data dammit!!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Crazyweasel posted:

Idk maybe my life is in some turmoil where I'm not thinking clearly, but I've been somewhat disappointed with the last couple of HH Pro in just how far the boys go onto not caring. Like honestly hurt when today's stopped at PFTs "Byyeeeee"

If I didn't somehow have Stitcher Premium for free id definitely almost be an angry customer

I thought the one with Hayes's parents was cute but yeah, there are some real stinkers lately. It def sounds like they know they need more structure in it so hopefully they can figure out a better direction for Pro Version.

As a side note, I just listened to their two episodes on the /w Special Guest Lauren Lapkus show and they're great.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Vhak lord of hate posted:

As a side note, I just listened to their two episodes on the /w Special Guest Lauren Lapkus show and they're great.

All older, right?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Magissima posted:

This drives me crazy, somebody tweet at Brett and tell him 128 is more than plenty for speech and vbr is even better if there's any significant amount of silence (which there always is between people taking). Some of us listen to podcasts on mobile data dammit!!

You think Brett would ever want to cut down the bitrate? He is probably the one pushing it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FLACs or nothing, Brett.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

GobiasIndustries posted:

No new episode of R U Talkin' R.E.M. RE: ME? this week :(

.....because we get an episode of U Talkin' U2 To Me? ! :woop:

Put the flowers of Guatemala through your amplifier

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Both Scott and Lauren's stories on Threedom are completely insane. Also poor young Scotty Auks getting bullied by everyone.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Magissima posted:

Cool tip: a lot of telecom companies let you use Spotify for free and you can stream podcasts on Spotify :cheerdoge:

sorry if this doesn’t apply to your situation. just trying to help a brother out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just download my eps for the day before going out.

e: I want all of the characters on the Gil and Golly ADPPP ep to become regulars on CBB.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 6, 2018

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: I want all of the characters on the Gil and Golly ADPPP ep to become regulars on CBB.

If only so Jessica's character can use tap shoes again

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

Both Scott and Lauren's stories on Threedom are completely insane. Also poor young Scotty Auks getting bullied by everyone.

That explanation of going to gymnastics class because you're an uncoordinated spaz hit me like a ton of bricks. I had no idea why my mom put my in gymnastics when I was a kid, now it all makes sense.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
did it work

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Is anyone else listening to Dr. Gameshow? I checked it out after Jo Firestone was on the Best Show a while back and it's great. I don't know another show that has that consistent a vibe even with different guests each week and (especially) call-in participation.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfsfS6NVUc

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Koholint posted:

Is anyone else listening to Dr. Gameshow? I checked it out after Jo Firestone was on the Best Show a while back and it's great. I don't know another show that has that consistent a vibe even with different guests each week and (especially) call-in participation.

I listen to Dr. Gameshow. Some of the games are REALLY stupid......but I love the format and dynamics between Jo and Manolo. Manolo is super awkward and his songs are occasionally really funny. Jo gets frustrated as she tries to keep the show on track.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Love PFT and The Boys taking shots at each other with their ad reads.

e: with Dr. Gameshow, I love the concept and I love Jo, but I couldn't get into it listening to some random older episodes. It felt like it was one of those shows with way too many inside jokes and history to do anything but start at the first episode, and it also seemed more loose and casual than what would be required for a successful rules-based podcast.

Did I just listen to the wrong eps or is my read accurate?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 9, 2018

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
I jumped into the most recent episodes like 3 weeks ago and didn’t have any problems. The rules and scoring matter about as much as they do on Whose Line is it Anyway and that’s part of the fun of it so I guess ymmv if that bothers you.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Do any of you guys listen to any of the 900 weird wolf pop fold-in & post-scripps podcasts on earwolf. Are any of them good. Like obviously I’m never going to listen to the politics ones but are any of the 8 gay guy culture podcasts funny.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked The Canon's concept but it was hosted by that guy who turned out to be a massive creep (It's back now without him but I haven't listened)

was shots fired wolfpop idk that was good

e: I misread I thought you only meant those old wolfpop shows

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 9, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Homophilia is good but unfortunately some of their guests end up being incredibly boring. I love Dave Holmes though and I'd never heard of Matt but I like him a lot

The James Adomian ep would be a good starting point

I like Throwing Shade too but I don't listen every week

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 9, 2018

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
The Canon is very very good now but you definitely have to have seen the movie for each episode

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Even before it turned out the one guy was a raper I didn't care for The Canon because instead of doing borderline films and doing a breakdown every ep I listened to was like Godfather Part 2 and it'd go

1: This film is a perfect classic
2: This movie is trash because of (some weird politics thing or one of them doesn't like the shoes or something) and you're a shitbag dirt farter.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

feedmyleg posted:

Love PFT and The Boys taking shots at each other with their ad reads.

Where does PFT do that? I can't keep up with his stable of podcasts

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Newest episode of Spont he makes fun of Santaman and the Howl factory worker. Because they made fun of his Spont ad reads last week.

Also, I know it's very unlikely, but I'm hoping we get some Hamm on HH tomorrow. That feels like it'd be an incredible match.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Devin Faraci did briefly come back for the start of the year Oscar round-up episode of The Canon. He called in to talk about how much he liked The Last Jedi because just like Luke Skywalker, he's on a quest to make himself a better person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nothing shows how much you're improving in working on yourself by having to tell everyone that you're improving.