Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
(it'll give it a "Latin" kick!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where you been, Nooner?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wife and I forgot some guac we made for like a week. Doesn't really look brown to me. It's still good right?

Also, just because I don't put cilantro or tomatoes in it doesn't mean it's not guac. Fight me :colbert:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

Wife and I forgot some guac we made for like a week. Doesn't really look brown to me. It's still good right?

Also, just because I don't put cilantro or tomatoes in it doesn't mean it's not guac. Fight me :colbert:

If it doesn't look brown, it should be fine. Give it a whiff and a taste - if it's off, you'll know it.

Guac is a very personal thing, but I feel like as long as it contains a bare minimum of avocado, lime juice, and salt, it's guac.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Midniter posted:

If it doesn't look brown, it should be fine. Give it a whiff and a taste - if it's off, you'll know it.

Guac is a very personal thing, but I feel like as long as it contains a bare minimum of avocado, lime juice, and salt, it's guac.

I also put me ear to leftovers to see if I can hear fizzing.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

The Midniter posted:

Agreed. Chopped up tomatoes and/or onions are fine, but when I make guacamole, it's just avocado, lime (including a bit of zest), salt, and roasted green chiles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

bartolimu posted:

Agreed. Chopped up tomatoes and/or onions are fine, but when I make guacamole, it's just avocado, lime (including a bit of zest), salt, and roasted green chiles.

I'm not a fan of tomatoes in it. When I make my guac it's avocado, lime, salt, onion, jalapeno and cilantro.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Manuel Calavera posted:

Where you been, Nooner?

been busy cookin' !!

thoughts re:guac personally I like tomato onion and jalapeno in mine but tomato is totes optional, i just liek the crunch and heat combo that come with onion and jalapeno

obviously lime and cilantro are essential not even doing the thing, you just gotta have lime and cilantro in guac otherwise it is just smashed avocado which I guess is fine too if you are a millennial with some toast! :jerkbag:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I like a simple guac of avocado, lime juice, salt, and some microplaned garlic. Occasionally jalapenos if the crowd I'm making it for likes a little spice. It's the perfect potluck dish to make a gigantic bowl of it and it's always demolished right away.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The secret to a great guac is a little bit of crema. My basic guac is avocado, lime, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, crema, salt, a little bit of cumin and a tiny bit cinnamon.

One time I made that Rick Bayless recipe for tequila marinated watermelon guac and people went loving bonkers for it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I like peas in my guacamole

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

You should never pea in guacamole. That's veering dangerously close to hummus territory.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Peas in guacamole? Wouldn't that turn it into a carbonara?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DekeThornton posted:

Peas in guacamole? Wouldn't that turn it into a carbonara?

Well peas are a legume, so technically it'd be a chili.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gonna pee in ur guac you sicko

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Well peas are a legume, so technically it'd be a chili.

Does that mean that mapo tofu is just Chinese chili?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what should i make for dinner tonight guys??

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Nooner posted:

chinese chili

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Nooner posted:

Guacamole.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Nooner posted:

An assortment of peas: small plates of carbonara, mapo tofu, and guacamole; all made with peas. Serve alongside pea crackers and pea pesto, along with a Beyond Burger (they're made with pea protein). As an aperitif, might I suggest some pea puree?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

An assortment of peas: small plates of carbonara, mapo tofu, and guacamole; all made with peas. Serve alongside pea crackers and pea pesto, along with a Beyond Burger (they're made with pea protein). As an aperitif, might I suggest some pea puree?

all that pea-ness might get a little overwhelming

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Hauki posted:

all that pea-ness might get a little overwhelming

That's terrible, I quit. Just a handful for the road.

Oh what luck, there's a french fry stuck in my beard.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

I like peas in my guacamole

This makes me nostalgic for the good ol' days when the only presidential tweets were about how dumb peas are in guac and the biggest media talking points were grey poupon and cream colored suits.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Nooner posted:

daal

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And also buy dino.s cookbook.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
I just realised David Thompson has a youtube channel. Gonna make a lot of thai curry paste this weekend.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
a 62.5 degree egg totally makes a guacamole platter

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Got a link to that kicking around? I'ma stick it in the stickies.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1604865083/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.amazon.com/Alternative-Vegan-International-Straight-Produce/dp/1604865083/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524070757&sr=1-1

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Manuel Calavera posted:

His cookbook is the poo poo

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Errant Gin Monks posted:

His cookbook is the poo poo

I initially read that as “his cookbook is poo poo” and I was preparing to get indignant.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

therattle posted:

I initially read that as “his cookbook is poo poo” and I was preparing to get indignant.

It is poo poo! Not a single recipe with meat in it, what a rip off.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
suck my dick no meat gtfo

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Casu Marzu posted:

Just add bacon and or steak to everything.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Just add bacon and or steak to everything.

“Instead of mung dal, one can substitute ground beef”

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Casu Marzu posted:

I imagine Dino would be ok with your putting a little meat in

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

No squashy

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

No squashy
________________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

After all, he put a bit of meat into Pr0k’s mom.