Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Big Japan is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
On the other hand, CZW did a show in the middle of a field and when it got dark they had people park their cars around the ring and switch their headlights on.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Has there ever been any other big incidents like the Montreal Screwjob where the promoter screwed over one participant by arranging a "secret" finish?

I would imagine this happened a decent number of times back in the Territories but dunno if it happens in any big places or on camera.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dias posted:

https://goo.gl/images/ATtXpn I'm on my phone so this is the best I can do.

Oh that looked painful.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

NikkolasKing posted:

Has there ever been any other big incidents like the Montreal Screwjob where the promoter screwed over one participant by arranging a "secret" finish?

I would imagine this happened a decent number of times back in the Territories but dunno if it happens in any big places or on camera.

Wendi Richter vs Spider Lady in the WWF.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dias posted:

Any discussion about the dumbest spot in wrestling should start and end with that joshi double stomp from the balcony into the bleachers, IMHO.

Kimura is the one jumping, breaking three of Kayoko Haruyama's ribs who goes on to wrestle another 15 or so minutes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
How reliable is New Japan World for those with less than stellar internet connections? Netflix, WWE Network etc usually work fine if that is any indication.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seams posted:

How reliable is New Japan World for those with less than stellar internet connections? Netflix, WWE Network etc usually work fine if that is any indication.

I've had no problems, but I've heard of problems occurring specifically for people in Europe during live streaming that seemed to affect nobody else, so that's something to consider based on where you are. When I was in the UK, I had no issues watching live on my parents' horrific Internet connection though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why isn’t Adam Cole recognized as NXT tag champ anymore? He was, but now he’s not. Same with Killian Dane in Sanity.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

I've had no problems, but I've heard of problems occurring specifically for people in Europe during live streaming that seemed to affect nobody else, so that's something to consider based on where you are. When I was in the UK, I had no issues watching live on my parents' horrific Internet connection though.
I've never had any problems here in Germany. :shrug:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Henri DeGlane bit (or had someone else bite) himselfbetween falls of a 2/3 falls match with Ed Lewis to double cross Lewis and win the title via DQ (biting.) Most historians believe he colluded with the promoter and the MAC. A minority belief is that it was a planned finish so both guys could promote themselves as champion. This of course happening in Montreal!

There are a few examples of promoters paying off top shooters to double cross weaker non wrestler champions in the 20s and 30s. Wayne Munn being the most famous example.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Samoa Joe bumping on stairs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy who invented the Irish Whip was so afraid of double crosses he'd no show.

(Which was what the promoters wanted and why they'd spread the rumors.)

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

FunMerrania posted:

I need to see this gif again. Anybody?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Sandman McMahon posted:

I need to see this gif again. Anybody?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KUtoLcqH0&t=196s

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is a god-tier stupid spot to do. It's totally unsafe, you can't even see it on camera, and it's on a show no one cares about.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

dont even fink about it posted:

This is a god-tier stupid spot to do. It's totally unsafe, you can't even see it on camera, and it's on a show no one cares about.

There are so many things that could have gone horribly wrong there. :stare:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Let's not forget Foley at Hell in the Cell. Sure, it's iconic, but it's also loving stupid

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Davros1 posted:

Let's not forget Foley at Hell in the Cell. Sure, it's iconic, but it's also loving stupid

It also wasn't actually planned to go that way, so you can't really blame them too much for it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MrBling posted:

It also wasn't actually planned to go that way, so you can't really blame them too much for it.

It was absolutely Foley's idea to get thrown from the Cell

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A dumb bump, but probably safer than that stupid stairs dropkick.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

It was absolutely Foley's idea to get thrown from the Cell

He was talking about the chokeslam through the cage from the top. It was supposed to be the cage roof popping at one end, and Foley basically rolling and pratfalling into the ring, instead the cage roof gave way entirely.

Then a chair fell down and whacked Mick in the head.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

He was talking about the chokeslam through the cage from the top. It was supposed to be the cage roof popping at one end, and Foley basically rolling and pratfalling into the ring, instead the cage roof gave way entirely.

Then a chair fell down and whacked Mick in the head.

Still, suggesting getting thrown off the roof of a cage was dumb as gently caress. There was nothing safe about it. If that one announcer had reacted quick enough to move that moniter, Foley could've broken his back

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 12, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

FunMerrania posted:

Didn't Jeff Hardy also do a Swanton directly onto the ring steps in TNA?

Bigass Moth posted:

Why isn’t Adam Cole recognized as NXT tag champ anymore? He was, but now he’s not. Same with Killian Dane in Sanity.
Freebird Rule. Cole's already got the NA belt so it's more impressive looking to have 3 of a stable carrying belts than just 2.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 12, 2018

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Where’s the gif of Jeff limply falling from the top of the cage onto the steps? That one was dumb.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't Jeff Hardy also do a Swanton directly onto the ring steps in TNA?

Freebird Rule. Cole's already got the NA belt so it's more impressive looking to have 3 of a stable carrying belts than just 2.

No I mean they retroactively now say Cole was never tag champ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What're some good Kick Out At 1 moments?

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
Has a single person ever won and successfully defended (over a meaningful amount of time) a tag team championship?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

17:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITy514MRjo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VJeff posted:

I seem to recall a really good one from the Sami Zayn/Cesaro best two out of three falls match at one of the NXT TakeOvers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wonder if its time for a new thread since this one is nearly 10 years old and the entire wrestling landscape save for wwe has changed since then and prolly begets a new line of questions, especially in this post twiter world

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i wonder if its time for a new thread since this one is nearly 10 years old and the entire wrestling landscape save for wwe has changed since then and prolly begets a new line of questions, especially in this post twiter world

How will a new thread change the questions or the answers?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well, it HAS been four years since Jerusalem tallied questions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm happy about this conversation providing plenty of questions, and answers.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Actually everyone needs to read the entire thread by next Friday. There will be a 200 question final and I'm not curving it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'd settle for a single question with 200 answers.
The question?
"What can be done about Roman Reigns"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everything that is possible can be done about roman reigns, as he's very large & hefty!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

schweens posted:

Actually everyone needs to read the entire thread by next Friday. There will be a 200 question final and I'm not curving it.

I have to read this AND the WCW thread?! This is bullshit!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Where’s the gif of Jeff limply falling from the top of the cage onto the steps? That one was dumb.

Not a gif, still a stupid bump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjqkT_zc1Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

I'd settle for a single question with 200 answers.
The question?
"What can be done about Roman Reigns"

The same thing that was never done about Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, or the Miz, to name a few guys they managed to make nothing from something with, and who took years to recover on their own if they ever did.