Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Motherfuckers. (there was some star confetti at 9:46)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Something is happening...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

WAIT SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING GET IN

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Something is happening, but what it is is literally not clear yet.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

mom was right

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
"We are cancelling all further Fallout projects in order to place those resources into development of 'Rage 2'."

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
GODDAMN YOU BETHESDA I HAVE TO GO SEE A CLIENT IN FIVE MINUTES GET ON WITH IT

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

A wild Todd appears!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Todd Howard got old. Those dark arts he practices can't keep him young forever, I guess.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fallout 76 apparently.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

todd howard starting to look like an old lesbian.

also... we get to be the enclave!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Oh gently caress it's a new game

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
fallout 69

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They named the Fifth Fallout 'Fallout 76'.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

They named the Fifth Fallout 'Fallout 4.'

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Fallout: Settlements in Rural America?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Prequel?

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

Soooo, earliest set fallout so far I guess?

e:f;b

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

....well, that just raises further questions.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That's one way to avoid having to push the timeline into post-post-apocalypse.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Greek_Island

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's page 76 too :ohdear:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

e;fb

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sinteres posted:

That's one way to avoid having to push the timeline into post-post-apocalypse.

Bethesda's bugs make a lot more sense when you realize they are terminally afraid of developing an idea.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So vault city, except the player starts as a citizen?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Powershift posted:

It's page 76 too :ohdear:

lol

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's apparently online

"The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort."

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Lol at the post trailer cutoff.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, alright

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bethesda are going to develop the most engrossing world yet, full of unbelievable sights and extraordinary adventure, and we'll never see any of it because the player character dies within 24 in-game hours after leaving the vault due to acute radiation poisoning.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Bethesda's bugs make a lot more sense when you realize they are terminally afraid of developing an idea.

On the plus side, if it's a prequel they can't fill this one with super mutants.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I like the trailer being an inversion of the usual Fallout trailer style. It's normally a cheery song playing over a scene of long-destroyed 50s peppiness, and this time it's an abandoned vault but abandoned in a good way

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm mostly weirded out about the color on the test pattern.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kotaku is saying "we hear it's an online game of some sort"

it's gonna be Fallout Online

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bango skank posted:

Bethesda are going to develop the most engrossing world yet, full of unbelievable sights and extraordinary adventure, and we'll never see any of it because the player character dies within 24 in-game hours after leaving the vault due to acute radiation poisoning.

I've been wanting one right after the war ends for a while now. It's getting dumb how Bethesda keeps going forward and things are still hosed, and on the West side there's little past what New Vegas did to really go.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Oh poo poo son! Was hoping we'd see something Fallout related at E3 but didn't expect a whole new game. First RAGE getting ressurected and now this. Can't wait to see more.

If you want to read into this more the song in the trailer - Take Me Home, Country Road - debuted in 1971 which would be a deviation from the 50's Americana we've seen previously.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Sinteres posted:

On the plus side, if it's a prequel they can't fill this one with super mutants.

You will eat these words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Tim Whatley posted:

It's apparently online

"The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort."

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

I don’t know if I want a full MMO, but I’d be OK with a Borderlands type level of multiplayer.

Also who was that doing the narration? I couldn’t tell if it was Ron Perlman or not.

EDIT: someone on reddit is saying the date on the pip boy is October 27, 2102.