Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote chaoslord

This is his scum game, I feel it.

could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Every day is turbo day

##vote nat20

Turboing the most interesting player in the game.

For shame.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey I didn't start the :bandwagon: I just hopped on

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i want nat20 to die faster

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Beetphyxious posted:

We all get ~7.7 posts each. I have 5 left after this.

Make them count.

Scum gonna try exhaust post count quick I reckon.

How do I make .7 of a post please help.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GulagDolls posted:

i want nat20 to die faster

I want to win faster.

##vote Gulagdolls

That should do it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

##vote Asiina die traitorous scum

I want to know if the mod is actually going to keep track of 100 posts and tell us when to shut up (he won’t)

It’s post 119. I was thinking of obscuring this, but then people can count/keep track manually and “you only know if you count it out physically” is stupid.

This post did not count toward the number

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lets just all agree to abandon this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

lets just all agree to abandon this game

Ok once we get to 99 posts

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am voting Nat20 because it's the thing to do

##vote Nat20

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Natural 20 posted:

Hey guys I didn't get a role PM is that weird?

Also because this was the most obvious joke to make in the world and of course scum nat20 made it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xad posted:

Like thi

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote gulag dolls for being irresponsible with our posting resources in a post peak post world.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its ok. i have a

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

plan

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote GulagDolls Stop shitposting, it's actively anti-town.

Xad posted:

Hey I didn't start the :bandwagon: I just hopped on

These posts ping me.

Beet feels townie.

I also agree with Max and would vote Nat20, the "hay guyz I didnt get a pm lol!!!" is generally either a scumtell or anti-town (if you're vt you want to draw the nk and Nat knows this).

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ill get right on that dad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Gulag for stealing all of the posts and being a big scumbo.

In that order.

I'm busy tonight and usually that wouldn't be a big deal in the first night of D1, but I feel like there's a good chance we run out of posts and I wanted to get one in.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Podima posted:

These posts ping me.

Beet feels townie.

I also agree with Max and would vote Nat20, the "hay guyz I didnt get a pm lol!!!" is generally either a scumtell or anti-town (if you're vt you want to draw the nk and Nat knows this).

This game feels pretty light imo, so it's weird that you're going after everyone who isn't serious posting right off the bat

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm unimpressed by the Gulag votes. Just lol if you weren't planning on waiting for everyone to go to sleep before you shitpost to hit the 100 limit.

Podima posted:

Oh no, Podima may be scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

gulag no :negative:

Max posted:

Oh no, Podima may be scum.

For the gulag vote part or the agreeing with you part?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima is scum for being Podima

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I wasn't so tired I would post 42 more times or whatever so Nat20 can just get what he deserves

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

If I wasn't so tired I would post 42 more times or whatever so Nat20 can just get what he deserves

I will sacrifice so that town may win.

And I may join persona mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

gulag no :negative:

For the gulag vote part or the agreeing with you part?

His agreeing that Nat20's maneuver is scummy but going for the easy vote on Gulag instead.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I checked like three times yesterday to see if this thread was open and of course once I stopped checking it opened :argh:

Ok I am here and ready to play Mafia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Now that everyone is asleep, naturally.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nat20's joke was dumb but not scummy. C'mon a million people have made that joke before. Also because of this format if you make a dumb jokevote turbo it can actually result in the person being lynched because who knows when the day will end. So jokevotes are stupid at best, and scummy at worst, but it's hard to tell the difference at this stage because I feel like a lot of people aren't thinking too hard about the format and strategy around it.

Gulag actually being actively scummy though with his shitposts, since it's not like ignorance works with what he is doing.

Yes I'm the no fun allowed police.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

His agreeing that Nat20's maneuver is scummy but going for the easy vote on Gulag instead.

If I was a double voter I would have voted for both of them. This is nitpicking. Gulag IS actively wasting posts, which is scummy in this game’s format.

Xad posted:

This game feels pretty light imo, so it's weird that you're going after everyone who isn't serious posting right off the bat

We had ten posts of jokephase, time to get real with the other 90, baby!

Asiina posted:

Also because of this format if you make a dumb jokevote turbo it can actually result in the person being lynched because who knows when the day will end. So jokevotes are stupid at best, and scummy at worst, but it's hard to tell the difference at this stage because I feel like a lot of people aren't thinking too hard about the format and strategy around it.

Gulag actually being actively scummy though with his shitposts, since it's not like ignorance works with what he is doing.

Basically this, but I still read Nat20’s “joke” as scummy and an easy way to empty-post.

I get that people may not realize how few 100 posts are with this many players (even though Beet pointed it out) and are going into jokephase habits, but Gulag knows exactly what he’s doing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

I also agree with Max and would vote Nat20, the "hay guyz I didnt get a pm lol!!!" is generally
either a scumtell or anti-town (if you're vt you want to draw the nk and Nat knows this).

Hrm.

Pod scum.

This is a legit case rather than Gene policyvoting me like she does every game or me voting Gulag for being annoying.

Broad base if you can't be bothered to read the full case is that Pod's encouraging an obvious case against me whilst distancing himself from the actual vote.

The full case is a little more complex. The first is related to Pod's claim about wanting to draw the NK as a VT player.

Whilst it is true that I know this line of thinking, Pod is incorrect in that an assumption is made that I agree with it.

Specifically the claim assumes that you believe that other town players are as good as you (which is patently false). But additionally it also doesn't assume that bluffs could happen. (They can and I'd absolutely claim vanilla instantly in a power role)

Pod knows enough about me to be able to get most of this and doesn't offer the usual nuance I'd expect from his cases.

So I think this is an intentionally vague argument against me to drum up support on a plurality vote against me.

I think the problematic nature of this case is emphasised when Pod doesn't drop the vote on me, hedging so that if I do eat the lunch he can distance himself easily.

Contrast with the vote that he lands on Gulagdolls which lacks anything near that level of justification or thought.

##vote Podima

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Nat20's joke was dumb but not scummy. C'mon a million people have made that joke before. Also because of this format if you make a dumb jokevote turbo it can actually result in the person being lynched because who knows when the day will end. So jokevotes are stupid at best, and scummy at worst, but it's hard to tell the difference at this stage because I feel like a lot of people aren't thinking too hard about the format and strategy around it.

Yes I'm the no fun allowed police.

I'm the no fun allowed police police, and I say nah.

"People aren't thinking about the format and strategy"
vs.
"Gulag knows exactly what he's doing (courtesy of Pod)"

You can't have it both ways imo. Gulag is posting like Gulag.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I'm the no fun allowed police police, and I say nah.

"People aren't thinking about the format and strategy"
vs.
"Gulag knows exactly what he's doing (courtesy of Pod)"

You can't have it both ways imo. Gulag is posting like Gulag.

How do you not see that they are completely different?

Someone can make a jokevote at the beginning of D1 and then not post again (or only post a few times immediately after) like these people:

GeneX posted:

##vote Natural 20

It’s the right thing to do

Every day is turbo day

##vote nat20

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote chaoslord

This is his scum game, I feel it.

And then the day can end with them never actually coming back and congrats, someone has been turbo'd because of jokevotes. These are all anti-town votes, but some are probably just ignorance of the strategy required for this format.

Meanwhile this is what Gulag did:

Beetphyxious posted:

We all get ~7.7 posts each. I have 5 left after this.

Make them count.

Scum gonna try exhaust post count quick I reckon.

GulagDolls posted:

interesting observation

GulagDolls posted:

might even be true

GulagDolls posted:

theres no way to know for sure though

GulagDolls posted:

food comes from the earth

Which is absolutely intentional.

How can you call these behaviours the same?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm saying Gulag is posting exactly how I'd expect Gulag to post regardless of format. He either isn't thinking about the format and strategy, as you said, or he doesn't give a poo poo and thinks this is funny, which falls squarely in his meta and doesn't read scummy to me. Scum running out the gate at the beginning of the game and burning posts against literally no one with absolutely no gain doesn't make any sense to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

scum or bad town are the same fwiw

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

scum or bad town are the same fwiw

Hmmmmmmmm not when it comes to win conditions.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thinking of voting Asiina because I hate cops

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why is voting Nat20 anti-town?

Are you saying that because of the limited posts we should only be posting treatises on who could conceivably be scum because somehow this format makes D1 less of a crapshoot?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

i kinda like Max’s Pod case but apparently he is also fun police so I’m torn

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why is voting Nat20 anti-town?

Are you saying that because of the limited posts we should only be posting treatises on who could conceivably be scum because somehow this format makes D1 less of a crapshoot?

There's certainly more you can do than emptyvote during a jokey turbo and then sit on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Max posted:

I'm saying Gulag is posting exactly how I'd expect Gulag to post regardless of format. He either isn't thinking about the format and strategy, as you said, or he doesn't give a poo poo and thinks this is funny, which falls squarely in his meta and doesn't read scummy to me. Scum running out the gate at the beginning of the game and burning posts against literally no one with absolutely no gain doesn't make any sense to me.

there's apparently some extremely high level play happening here

• Locked thread