Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rygar201 posted:

O Chul is a human, and they received no stat adjustments in 3.5

Hmm... Nah he's a very tall dwarf. I read him as dwarf the whole time and too late to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look, O'Chul's player forgot his d6 and decided to roll a d20 for shits and giggles, and the DM just allowed the nat20 to stand. It's a plausible scenario, okay.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't remember O-Chul's backstory reveal. Was it online or is it all "How the Paladin Got His Scar" material?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SuperKlaus posted:

I don't remember O-Chul's backstory reveal. Was it online or is it all "How the Paladin Got His Scar" material?

It was a kickstarter backer reward story, but it's also in the new book.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

O'Chul is the best example of rolling a 20 for your CON and somehow talking your DM into letting you invent a Feat that lets you actually go beyond that.

You don't need a feat to go above 20 in 3.5

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

You don't need a feat to go above 20 in 3.5

I'll turn this car around and start discussing Jung again, young nerd!

(all I know about D&D I learned from NWN and Planescape, so I don't know poo poo)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay but what do you think Durkon's sign is? He seems like a Taurus to me.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Definitely an earth sign. Even though he worships a sky god. Wait, this just got complicated.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

rocketrobot posted:

Definitely an earth sign. Even though he worships a sky god. Wait, this just got complicated.

It's only fitting a priest of Thor would be well grounded.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
definitely gemini as of this latest strip

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

A Gryffindor if ever I saw one.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
ISTJ

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0406.html

This strip says he had been on the Azure city throne for 47 years.

That leaves 17 years for Soon to grow old, and Shojos father to die.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's probably safer to assume Shojo wasn't actually as young as he implied in the visuals on his flashback. The child image just implying a general "when I was young" even if he was actually in his 20's.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The whole thing with the initial gates even being BUILT was 65 years ago.
47 of that is taken up with Shojos rule.

And Red Cloaks village was destroyed by the Sapphire Guard 35 years ago.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 31, 2018

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Someone just needs to muster up the courage to go onto the giant in the playground forums and ask Rich himself for the timelime.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Earnestly posted:

Someone just needs to muster up the courage to go onto the giant in the playground forums and ask Rich himself for the timelime.

:fireman:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, Rich has provided the entire timeline to within the year, as far as we can tell. If Shojo died at 72, he was about 6 when when Soon discovered the rift, and Soon must've retired almost immediately after he finished sealing it up and put Shojo's father on the throne.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 31, 2018

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
My jaw is on the floor from that last comic, don't know what the gently caress you guys are talking about but drat

drat

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh I thought Serini's diary entry from 65 years ago was about discovering the rifts. Building the gates, sure that slots in a bit more easily.

I don't think the fine details really matter, anyway.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Definitely a Virgo. He's fastidious, methodical, responsible, kind, hardworking, practical, and apparently allergic to the spotlight.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

V is a classic Capricorn, an intellectual in another world who appreciates beauty but is also ambitious and focused on the acquisition of material power. Roy seems like a Taurus to me, which rounds up the Earth sign triad between him, V and Durkon, i.e. the thoughtful, practical wing of the party.

Elan could be a Sagittarius. Belkar seems like an Aries. Haley gives me Scorpio vibes. Also, the left flumph? Total Virgo.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Android Blues posted:

V is a classic Capricorn, an intellectual in another world who appreciates beauty but is also ambitious and focused on the acquisition of material power.

They don't really seem like a juggalo to me, though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

Definitely a Virgo. He's fastidious, methodical, responsible, kind, hardworking, practical, and apparently allergic to the spotlight.

Also, he never got laid.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tenebrais posted:

Also, he never got laid.

Trumpwrong.gif

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mr.Tophat posted:

My jaw is on the floor from that last comic, don't know what the gently caress you guys are talking about but drat

drat

To me the impact was deadened a bit because it's almost exactly what I thought was going on.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

They don't really seem like a juggalo to me, though.
Thanks for this. :o)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
New strip - http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1131.html

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Yep, I called it. Not that it's a huge leap in logic to predict how this turned out.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Now that Durkula is gone, I wonder what will happen with the remaining vampires. They are free from his control (in the same way Durkula was when Elan killed the snake guy) so I wonder if they will still go along with Hel's plan.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Durkon just went back to his coffin, right? Is that on the Mechane?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

poly and open-minded posted:

Doesn't look like it. Gaseous vampires are drawn with eyes, and there's some fine black dust on the chair.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

poly and open-minded posted:

I thought staking, like sunlight was permadeath

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ikanreed posted:

it seems it is instadeath but in the rules it says removing the stake can bring it back, though i bet rich is gonna choose to ignore that since its much more interesting

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ikanreed posted:

(there's enough scroll between the comic link and now so gently caress spoiler tags)

According to the D20 SRD rules, the body isn't supposed to turn to dust immediately after staking like it did in the comic. However, given how trivial it is to follow through after staking a vampire, I'm gonna guess that it's just a narrative convenience thing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ikanreed posted:

In 3.5 staking just makes the vampire go comatose until the stake is removed. Artistic license going on here.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Also, is that a new font for the SHTHNK sound effect?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I literally cannot believe that after 15 years and thousands of comics people still spaz out and try to rationalize what Burlew does using the logic of the stupid board game instead of what makes narrative and dramatic sense

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
And now Hilgya shanks Belkar for killstealing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, that was short and sweet, but I like the little callback to Roy killing Thog and/or the jab at people who were sure Belkar would die at Durkula's hands.

Also, little baby Kudzu is stoked to be back with mommy. :3: