Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1031562473567080449

Hope this means they're seeing the negative reactions to the rumored prices and are going lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I mean, it wouldn't be that shocking..

Titan xp is 1200 and the 1080ti fe is 700..so if you go with the last round of pricing those would slot into where those 2 models used to be.

I could see the 1080ti going to 500, and then the 1080 or the 1070ti staying at 450 and the rest of the lineup swapping when those come out (2070 for 400, 2060 for 300)

I guess we'll see very soon.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Newegg hosed up https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/18-2503/www.newegg.com/RTX-20-Series

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

already down but this url is still up/was still up https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/18-2503/index.html

Anyway no 2070 in sight unless they're splitting up the GTX and RTX versions and a 2070 is a GTX

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Combat Pretzel posted:

Not-Ti it is then for me.

Rumor is that if you already have a Ti than the RTX 2080 isn't a reasonable upgrade. If you have a 1070/1080 than it might be viable. We won't truly know until benchmarks though.

That's what the speculation is with them releasing both the 2080 and 2080 Ti variants at the same time.

http://imgur.com/a/wHncgA9

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 20, 2018

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

not found :/

at least this twitch stream isnt dying all the time, but gently caress sake gaming press conferences are so painful these days. here lets throw random streamers in front of a camera and make them fill our dead air time

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Cygni posted:

not found :/

at least this twitch stream isnt dying all the time, but gently caress sake gaming press conferences are so painful these days. here lets throw random streamers in front of a camera and make them fill our dead air time

https://www.newegg.com/promotions/n...jpg&icid=462954

edit: beaten

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Raytracing demos to come https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/1031573997362835456

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
There's 140,000 people watching.

It's cringe as hell so far.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol at the hosts pretending that nothing has leaked

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Looks like not a FE card in sight. Lends credence to the rumors that the FEs will only be in the Nvidia store this time, and no other vendors will be required to build em.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
That's hilarious that newegg was like, welp 12 on the dot, annnddd go.

Meanwhile nvidia is stalling on their event for some reason. Great job.

If I can just buy an evga card today it would mean that they finally launch something properly...I'm pessimistic.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 20, 2018

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Yeah the fake punctuality of Nvidia’s 72h countdown stream is kinda embarrassing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i dont know why but Nvidia is always late. maybe it takes a while to lower jensen's leather jacket down onto his body where it then seals with a satisfying sizzle in his special dome inside the star destroyer

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

And off we gooooooo.

EDit: Training montage, wooohooo

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

And cut to the extremely bored looking crowd

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
A history lesson, ok then

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
For all the money this company has they do some puzzling poo poo production wise. They have host segments where they only have 1 person with a handheld mic. They show videos on stage, and basically use a camera angle of it rather then cut into the actual thing VTR style...

It's min effort poo poo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

VF5 finally coming out on PC?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Raytracing time prob.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I dug up my 1080's box and it looks like it's got a three-year warranty, not a two-year one as I remembered. I guess I might sell it and grab a 2080ti if the reviews are good and Hungarian prices aren't too high.

they'll be too high but a man can dream

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

He announced the "1180" haha

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hah, they trolled the media?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Every spec is wrong. Sure...

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rabid Snake posted:

He announced the "1180" haha

The crowd seemed quite stunned

eames
May 9, 2009

machine learning company CEO opens keynote stating that technology is barely under control :bravo:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

nvidia interns are frantically reflashing cards to disable one more SM so they can say the leaks were wrong

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I can't watch the stream live, but the attempt to price the 2080ti in place of a Turing titan doesn't really surprise me if they're not doing a titan at all. I expected them to pad out the Turing Titan's price this generation, and I was planning on grabbing that to have it 6 months earlier than the ti.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lambert posted:

The crowd seemed quite stunned

nobody ever gets jensens jokes and its amazing. i almost feel bad for him.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I could just watch a keynote about subsurface scattering and light physics honestly. GO ONNNNNNN

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

... aaaaaaand I'm already bored.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

mcbexx posted:

You mean you don't want to learn about ray tracing from a man in a leather jacket for the 8th time?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I don't want the timeshare, thanks

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Hopefully, all those Rays they are sending into the room are getting paid a decent wage.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
pedoflops are back folks

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Lambert posted:

Hopefully, all those Rays they are sending into the room are getting paid a decent wage.

You know they aren't

edit: oh god you can't read that poo poo on the projector at all.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Petaflops sounding an awful like like Pedophiles on this compressed stream. Maybe stop saying it.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

mcbexx posted:

I think he's repeating the siggraph graphics history lecture before they showed the new raytracing tech demo. The big push for all of nvidia's stuff right now is developing the next stage of raytracing so they're giving people a raytracing crash-course for context.

But yeah sadly it becomes a slightly boring if abbreviated history lecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm starting to get annoyed by that stupid leather jacket. He's trying too hard to sell it, and I'm not buying that the Taiwanese-born Jen-Hsun Huang is any kind of guy that unironically wears a leather jacket, and not as a prop, like Steve's turtlenecks.