Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I'm a bit overflowe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice
I'm a blob.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Hey ladies, my stack overflows if you know what I mean. :wiggle:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

yeah but you never garbage collect

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

im a dag

you like dags?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

comedyblissoption posted:

im a dag

you like dags?

I don’t like dags

I’m a balanced binary tree but let’s see what happens in another couple beers

Nippashish
Nov 2, 2005

Let me see you dance!

Phobeste posted:

I don’t like dags

I’m a balanced binary tree but let’s see what happens in another couple beers

I hate to tell you this, but you are also a dag.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ring buffer here. I buff rings, as part of my duties as a professional jeweler.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Nippashish posted:

I hate to tell you this, but you are also a dag.

Only Marilyn Manson escaped this grim fate

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
I'm a merkle tree. If you don't believe me, ask the guy on the next stool.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

AVL tree bb

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
Whatever data structure I may be, I contain pathological data and exhibit worst-case time complexity.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I changed my mind, I want to be a resizable vector implemented in c using malloc/realloc and containing subtle memory corruption errors. The code also contains “sizeof(char)”.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m garbage.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Soricidus posted:

I changed my mind, I want to be a resizable vector implemented in c using malloc/realloc and containing subtle memory corruption errors. The code also contains “sizeof(char)”.

This game used to be FUN

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I am a vector<bool> in c++. You probably think I'm a vector of bools. Oh, you sweet summer child!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Pollyanna posted:

I’m garbage.

That means you're full of characters!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'm null :geno:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm a data structure in a buggy third-party library, which you have to monkey-patch at runtime using reflection or else the library won't work right.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm a SOAP implementation that doesn't have validation.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Fool posted:

I'm a SOAP implementation that doesn't have validation.

Ah, the one that uses string replacement to parse and respond!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
im 30 different copy and pasted stack impls for various types in go

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

im 30 different copy and pasted stack impls for various types in go

I'm a generic C++ container class implemented with macros because the vendor's compiler doesn't support templates. No, not "doesn't support the STL", just templates. HP codelibs :argh:

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Zopotantor posted:

I'm a generic C++ container class implemented with macros because the vendor's compiler doesn't support templates. No, not "doesn't support the STL", just templates. HP codelibs :argh:

wait what the gently caress? pretty sure you have to support templates to be a c++ compiler...

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

wait what the gently caress? pretty sure you have to support templates to be a c++ compiler...

Not if you don't support C++11 !

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

ratbert90 posted:

Not if you don't support C++11 !

even before c++11, I thought pretty much everything in the stl required template support. i guess those compilers didn't support the stl either. man that's gross.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

In 1992 you didn’t. :corsair:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zopotantor posted:

In 1992 you didn’t. :corsair:

The language we now call C++ didn't really exist until 1998. Before then there were a lot of very similar variants of C that added classes and was called C++. Stroustrupp's book was published in 1985 but it was still merely a "suggestion"

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pollyanna posted:

I’m garbage.

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice
Code licensing horrors belong here too right?... https://github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

SupSuper posted:

Hey ladies, my stack overflows if you know what I mean. :wiggle:

expert sex change dot com is the best dating site.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

bigmandan posted:

Code licensing horrors belong here too right?... https://github.com/lerna/lerna/pull/1616

Holy poo poo that whole repo is a loving dramabomb right now.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

CPColin posted:

yeah it has all the ingredients for weapons grade drama.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

CPColin posted:

It's cracking me up from every angle. From the bizarre "This is dishonest and not the MIT license!" responses to the actual implication of the license change that anyone not on that list could obtain the software and then redistribute it to someone on that list lawfully to back pedaling within a day of the change. Heck, the origin of it being an appeal to emotion to change the license for a javascript package management tool that isn't actually being used for evil is funny too. You'd think it was some kind of advanced image recognition software being used to detect immigrants at every stoplight or something.

Execution and circumstances aside, attacking organizations through the licensing of software is actually a cool concept.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 31, 2018

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

even before c++11, I thought pretty much everything in the stl required template support. i guess those compilers didn't support the stl either. man that's gross.

C++ was around for quite a while before the STL showed up actually.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

feedmegin posted:

C++ was around for quite a while before the STL showed up actually.

I started using c++ 20 years ago in middle school and my first exposure included the stl and vector classes etc.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

bigmandan posted:

Javascript. Why am I not surprised.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Volguus posted:

Javascript. Why am I not surprised.

If JavaScript actually did use that license, that would be the one thing that would make me write JavaScript.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Khorne posted:

Execution and circumstances aside, attacking organizations through the licensing of software is actually a cool concept.

Yeah, I applaud the intent if not the implementation of the change.

It reminds me of Crock's licensing to IBM for evil usage. He seems to be cropping up a bunch recently, must be a zeitgeist thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I started using c++ 20 years ago in middle school and my first exposure included the stl and vector classes etc.

Yep. C++ has been around longer than many people think.