Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Chains of Promathia was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Ohh gently caress yeah bud, I can't wait to be one of the three people that plays him! I always thought he'd be a great addition, and his gimmick of elemental weapons looks awesome. Also hell yes more traps

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Heck, I'll pick this game back up to play as'em.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Analyzing the footage from the announcement stream - he’s the first new “unique” character since Ex Death. Seems like each of his non-dashing basic attacks give him an elemental buff, so the next time you use that attack it’s powered-up. For example, his ground neutral combo in earth-elemental; the first time you attack with it, it’s just a basic attack with no extra effects. Then you get a buff so the next time you use a neutral ground combo, it has an earth buff for extra damage and refreshes the buff. You can also choose to hold down the attack of the elementally-buffed version to add in extra hits for extra damage. The buffs only apply for their specific attacks - the neutral gorun’d earth buff won’t increase the damage of your forward ground, etc. The different elemental buffs seem to just be flavor for buffing up his different attacks.

His EX skill leaves a small area of effect that debuffs enemies that go near it, I think increasing the damage they take. Seems his playstyle is a high aggression, high-damage character that wants to be comboing people to hell and back. He also has some decent ranged attacks, so he can probably function decently as a defensive poker, spamming ranged attacks while protecting himself with debuffing AOEs

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 11, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently landing buffed brave attacks doesn't reset the buff timer? Also the nature of his held brave thing makes me a little suspicious, it seems like it'd make him extremely susceptible to being cut, but at the same time it does set up nicely for getting an HP combo with some assistance.

He can cancel his brave recovery into his EX spheres though, and the spheres apply a debuff if you run into them that reduce attack, defense, speed, and seal skills for 15 seconds, and he can stock up to four uses of the spheres, and each one on the field increases the duration of his brave buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

NT is getting a free version on November 22nd in Japan:

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-free-to-play-version-launches-november-22-in-japan

Features include a rotating roster of available characters, no story mode, and the option to purchase characters individually for 800 yen a go.

Hell, I'm always looking for an excuse to scam friends into playing this with me.

• Locked thread