Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

I made a meta argument. I explained how I believe your meta works, and how you behave, and what I expect that behaviour to look like. I presented a hypothesis. You're like "lol nice try". Didn't bother engaging, just "yeah what you're saying has zero value to me".

Nope. Didn't even engage with your meta argument, other than to say your expectations for me are not going to be met. None of that has anything to do with whatever it is you said I was saying the first time, nor what you are saying this time. People keep telling me not to talk about my meta, so I'm not going to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. Didn't even engage with your meta argument, other than to say your expectations for me are not going to be met. None of that has anything to do with whatever it is you said I was saying the first time, nor what you are saying this time. People keep telling me not to talk about my meta, so I'm not going to.

Responding to someone in a way that has nothing to do with the thing they said is not a productive way to communicate. Which might be useful in, you know, mafia. Where town communicate with each other to figure out things they don't know, because they are at an information disadvantage.

I guess you may want to avoid that if you're not the one at that disadvantage.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean you have posts where you are trying to reason things out and find scum, unlike yesterday where you mostly shitposted and wouldn't even contribute at deadline. My expectations for your posting have declined since the early days when you were more invested in your mafia game

Come on. I am invested in every game I play. Yeah I tend to coast through the first day or two. Partially because I want to be perceived as slightly scummy early in game. but if I’m alive at the start of d3 I always ramp up the effort, every time. I didn’t vote ecco or imgay for exactly that reason (I’m also not convinced they’re scum)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Responding to someone in a way that has nothing to do with the thing they said is not a productive way to communicate. Which might be useful in, you know, mafia. Where town communicate with each other to figure out things they don't know, because they are at an information disadvantage.

I guess you may want to avoid that if you're not the one at that disadvantage.

This is silly, but I'll do you the favor of snipping out what I was responding to, which maybe will help you read it. I thought it was pretty obvious already given the words I said, but hey. :)

Dancer posted:

I absolutely expect him to comment a great deal more in early days

King Burgundy posted:

Feel free to continue to expect things.

Like I even re-used the same word you used, which is a signal for what I was responding to. But somehow you turned that into me saying meta arguments are bad. Like, where would that even come from?

You've now made me type way too many words for D2. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You folks know that town lunching = statistical advantage in hunting scum right?

Never not dine.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Toalpaz are you able to shoot someone?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

This is silly, but I'll do you the favor of snipping out what I was responding to, which maybe will help you read it. I thought it was pretty obvious already given the words I said, but hey. :)

Like I even re-used the same word you used, which is a signal for what I was responding to. But somehow you turned that into me saying meta arguments are bad. Like, where would that even come from?

You've now made me type way too many words for D2. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

Are you actually implying that you weren't saying my argument (which is a meta argument) was wrong (I.e. That I see your expected behaviour as X, your behaviour in this game as Y, there's a mismatche, ergo I'm suspect of you)? No, you didn't literally say the words "that argument is wrong", but when you use the tone you did there, it's hard not to infer it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

So Toalpaz are you able to shoot someone?

At night, not during the day. It counts as a night action where I can't cop or hide.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I mean okay, whatever, it's a minor point and largely irrelevant, but it shouldn't surprise you if people find it suspect when you respond to an argument of your suspiciousness with a 10 word dismissal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

At night, not during the day. It counts as a night action where I can't cop or hide.

I'm sorry, you're almost certainly the Serial Killer. I know it sucks to get caught out, but I just tried this same gambit in an ongoing game so I don't believe you.

Granted, I think you're genuinely scum hunting, and I agree that Gaspy is probably scum.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Toalpaz posted:

Well my argument is also that I was set up in several ways:

These are theories I like and will be incredibly happy to check once I die.

I see you’re still trying to put me as scum, even with the amount of evidence to support my role claim and flavour claim. Unless you’re replacing myself with AA as per your whiteboard thing you posted earlier. You’ve claimed 3 different roles and have never addressed why I was “acting” super suspicious of Cpig’s claim from a context of me being coached by the scum team. Forgive me if I don’t really see you in a town light.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Are you actually implying that you weren't saying my argument (which is a meta argument) was wrong (I.e. That I see your expected behaviour as X, your behaviour in this game as Y, there's a mismatche, ergo I'm suspect of you)? No, you didn't literally say the words "that argument is wrong", but when you use the tone you did there, it's hard not to infer it.

No, THIS is a correct interpretation. I said feel free to expect me to post more in the early game, regardless of your expectations, it is generally not going to happen. So yes, that translates as, you are wrong.

But what you responded with initially made it sound like you thought I was saying meta arguments are bad. Which is something I disagree with entirely and I don't even see how you'd get there.

Look again at what you said. It doesn't match up at all:

Dancer posted:

Are you gonna act like I'm the only one to ever make a meta argument/that meta arguments are universally meaningless because if yes then lol.

Dropping it here. No more words from me on this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm sorry, you're almost certainly the Serial Killer. I know it sucks to get caught out, but I just tried this same gambit in an ongoing game so I don't believe you.

Granted, I think you're genuinely scum hunting, and I agree that Gaspy is probably scum.

Well, the truth will come out once I flip. Cheers!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Granted, if you are actually a town JOAT there are some bad lurker votes on you that lurker mechanics may not take care of.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I’m glad we agree on that.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote Toalpaz

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

Willie's poking me.

:pervert:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##unvote

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just remembered Toalpaz seems too eager to self-hammer. I won't be awake at deadline, I'm relying on you people.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Like, on the off-chance someone still has something useful to say. I doubt it. The day's been slow.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Well, I lied about the vig. My killing ability was a lynch bomb. I didn't want town to have to suffer.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote Toal

I suppose this is the best thing we have rn.

It will answer some questions in any case.

I still think Dancer is scum because he said a swear word at me and made me use a swear.

AA may also be scum, this feels like AA scumgame.

Wait did you roll a serial killer AGAIN.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

Well, I lied about the vig. My killing ability was a lynch bomb. I didn't want town to have to suffer.

LMAO

ooookayyyyy :wink:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

In the words of another great poster that came before me, i'm voooooooooltorb

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im going to eeeeexplooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodeeee

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

kay I'm pulling your legs.

##unvote

##vote Toalpaz

:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:
:redhammer:
:redhammer:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote Toal

I suppose this is the best thing we have rn.

It will answer some questions in any case.

I still think Dancer is scum because he said a swear word at me and made me use a swear.

AA may also be scum, this feels like AA scumgame.

Wait did you roll a serial killer AGAIN.

I wish I rolled SK. I'd have already deaded a scum.

Also it would be nice if anyone going this seems like AAs scum game could point out why or support the meta with evidence. That'd be nice.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Toalpaz, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 2

Toalpaz (9): jimmydalad, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, A Sometimes Food, CapitalistPig, Kitiara, hambeet, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, b-minus1, hambeet, EccoRaven, hambeet, hambeet, Dancer, Dancer, CapitalistPig, Toalpaz
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza
Asphyxious (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Atomic Soda (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (6): Atomic Soda, Dancer, hambeet, imgay, King Burgundy, willie_dee

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 15th, 2018 at 11 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 28 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz, The Mayor (JOAT Serial Killer), exploded day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please submit your night actions to me. The game will reopen in 24 hours or once I receive all night actions, whichever occurs first.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Toalpaz (9): jimmydalad, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, A Sometimes Food, CapitalistPig, Kitiara, hambeet, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, b-minus1, hambeet, EccoRaven, hambeet, hambeet, Dancer, Dancer, CapitalistPig, Toalpaz
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza
Asphyxious (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Atomic Soda (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (6): Atomic Soda, Dancer, hambeet, imgay, King Burgundy, willie_dee

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 15th, 2018 at 11 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 21 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Atomic Soda, Cordelia Chase (Vanilla Town), was found dead at the start of Day 3.

hambeet has been given a lurker gun aimed at Kitiara! To fire this gun post ##shoot Kitiara. The day will continue after it is used.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (14): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Dancer, EccoRaven, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, imgay, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Kitiara, willie_dee

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 17th, 2018 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hehehehe

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

As an Australian I must say I'm very conflicted by the sense of power that comes with this gun ownership

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I kinda miss when I posted enough to get lurker guns handed to me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok everyone. I lied about who I was targeting last night just in case scum had a way to prevent visitors to a person and therefore render my ability null. Instead of Dancer and Ecco, I went to investigate Asphyxious cause of the mounting suspicion on them that was happening the previous day. My investigation was successful and Gaspy came back negative.

This means immediately that he isn’t scum or at least part of the initial scum team. As I said before, there may be a possible traitor mechanic where some nights they come back positive for me and others negative so he isn’t completely out of the clear. However, there is a pretty high chance that he isn’t scum nor does he have a killing role.

Also, it looked like scum targeted the person that Toal copped yesterday iirc. Do SK JOATs have coping abilities? I’m assuming this is the case at the moment. We could try focussing around Ecco or Dancer again, but I’m not really sure how much headway we’re gonna make in that regard.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

jimmydalad posted:

Ok everyone. I lied about who I was targeting last night just in case scum had a way to prevent visitors to a person and therefore render my ability null. Instead of Dancer and Ecco, I went to investigate Asphyxious cause of the mounting suspicion on them that was happening the previous day. My investigation was successful and Gaspy came back negative.

This means immediately that he isn’t scum or at least part of the initial scum team. As I said before, there may be a possible traitor mechanic where some nights they come back positive for me and others negative so he isn’t completely out of the clear. However, there is a pretty high chance that he isn’t scum nor does he have a killing role.

Also, it looked like scum targeted the person that Toal copped yesterday iirc. Do SK JOATs have coping abilities? I’m assuming this is the case at the moment. We could try focussing around Ecco or Dancer again, but I’m not really sure how much headway we’re gonna make in that regard.

:thunk:

also what a strange nk choice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I always know in gaspys town, except when he isn't

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Also, it looked like scum targeted the person that Toal copped yesterday iirc. Do SK JOATs have coping abilities?

No, that is pretty unlikely. Toal would have been lying about AS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, I’m looking back and AA was one of the most vocal people alongside Toal who were suggesting that Gaspy is scum. I’d like to hear their thoughts about the results of my investigation before going full on aggro at them. I do have my eager eye on them, however.

• Locked thread