Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

And letting them slide cause they always shitpost is going to bite us in the rear end eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean I'm okay with an AA vote, but I really feel imgay is a better pick.

I’d probably prefer imgay to AA but I’m reluctant to move to my less strong reads at this point. Probably happier with a no-cuddle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

And letting them slide cause they always shitpost is going to bite us in the rear end eventually.

lol just change ”shitpost” to “don’t post” and we could say the same about you though

I’m probably not one to talk though

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we should kill someone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Of course this will end up being the game where scum kept a extra vig in their pocket all game

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont particularly want to die but id understand

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

i dont particularly want to die but id understand

I don’t think that’s going to happen buddy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How boring

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Note: I am spending my last 10 minutes of being alive entertaining the idea "what if hal scum".

One point in his defense: He was early on the imgay vote in imgay vs. Ecco, and he was early on the KB lynch vote.

(of course we don't know imgay is scum, but if you're one of those people who are working on the assumption he is, then that points towards Hal town)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I need to get in the habit of copy-pasting vote tallies as often as possible, because I haven't managed to go through AA's voting history, and there are 2 minutes left.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

Note: I am spending my last 10 minutes of being alive entertaining the idea "what if hal scum".

One point in his defense: He was early on the imgay vote in imgay vs. Ecco, and he was early on the KB lynch vote.

(of course we don't know imgay is scum, but if you're one of those people who are working on the assumption he is, then that points towards Hal town)

I’d like to think I’d have helped poor willie out instead of mocking him in the thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Day 7 ended with no one dying.

It is now Night 7. Please PM me your night actions. You have 24 hours, etc.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

A Sometimes Food (3): Anomalous Amalgam, imgay, Hal Incandenza
imgay (1): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Dancer
Asphyxious (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Asphyxious

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 29th, 2018 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dancer, Willy the Snitch (Town Odd-Night Tracker/Mason), was found dead at the start of Day 8.

It is now Day 8.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (5): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Hal Incandenza, imgay

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 01st, 2018 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well here we are again friends

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Ughhhhhhh I’m on holiday and was kinda banking on being the nk

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Alright so dancer, the one voting AA was killed. Is this an attempt to set up AA as scum OR AA is scum and wanted to reduce any chances of getting voted out.

I’ve been voting Hal, haven’t been nk’d, so Hal not scum BUT no one else throwing votes on Hal either which would be super odd.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Alright so dancer, the one voting AA was killed. Is this an attempt to set up AA as scum OR AA is scum and wanted to reduce any chances of getting voted out.

I’ve been voting Hal, haven’t been nk’d, so Hal not scum BUT no one else throwing votes on Hal either which would be super odd.

I still feel AA's okay. Like I said to jimmy earlier, AA is bold and sticks to their guns.... as scum. Being indecisive and changing their minds as people argue and actually listening to people is something I haven't seen them do before, and as they've been scum in every other game I've had with them I feel like they're okay.

Hal or imgay both looks like scum possibilities to me. They both jumped on trying to lynch me after AA put up the vote and they're both shitposting, which okay normal for imgay, less so for Hal.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

1 or 2 scum left.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

1 or 2 scum left.

I wasthe lead vote yesterday and I know I'm not scum. So I'm basically certain its of the three voting for me and I'm comfortable with AA so that leaves Hal and imgay who voted together and defended each other.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well Hal came to imgay's defence anyway.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If it’s Hal I’ll be bloody chuffed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well Hal came to imgay's defence anyway.

Did I? I felt like mostly I was snarky about his "100" defense and said I would prefer him over AA.

I thought it was weird that you would vote imgay over AA after dancer put his vote on AA near deadline. That makes me think it could be you and AA and you didn't want the vote split to be two scum. That would mean AA bussed you hard in MYLO though which doesn't seem too likely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

I wasthe lead vote yesterday and I know I'm not scum. So I'm basically certain its of the three voting for me and I'm comfortable with AA so that leaves Hal and imgay who voted together and defended each other.

Why are you comfortable with AA today, yesterday you said you'd be ok with him near the end of the day.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why are you comfortable with AA today, yesterday you said you'd be ok with him near the end of the day.

I was okay with an AA vote in a "we don't have long to go before a non-lynch" kind of way. I am much happier with an imgay or you vote. I know Gaspy is clean now, was pretty sure before but the fact they didn't clinch the vote on me makes me certain they aren't scum, and I know I'm VT.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did I? I felt like mostly I was snarky about his "100" defense and said I would prefer him over AA.

I thought it was weird that you would vote imgay over AA after dancer put his vote on AA near deadline. That makes me think it could be you and AA and you didn't want the vote split to be two scum. That would mean AA bussed you hard in MYLO though which doesn't seem too likely.

And you snarkily deflected my push on imgay back to my low post rate. So yeah you did a defence of my prime scum suspect.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

And you snarkily deflected my push on imgay back to my low post rate. So yeah you did a defence of my prime scum suspect.

That wasn't snarky, it was thinking things out and pointing out a fact. And it STILL wasn't a defense of imgay. You are finally here posting and now you are misrepresenting things and making me think I was right with my vote yesterday.

We can agree on one thing though, it seems extremely unlikely it is gaspy unless there really is only one scum, but three scum in a game this size doesn't seem realistic at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Trying to sort out claims

Me - Joyce Summers, VT
imgay - vampire lady, VT
ASF - VT
AA - ?
gaspy - ?

Can't find those last 2, but I assume they claimed VT someplace I missed?

I'm going to look back on interactions with flipped scum.

I know AA was on KB early, but he was very waffling on what I felt like was pretty caught out scum willie_dee and tried to move the vote most of the day.
ASF seems to have virtually no interaction or opinions with either KB or willie_dee (partly because of barely being present those days, especially the WD vote day).
Imgay was a late vote on KB, was pretty passive on WD and sort of defended them.
Can't find any gaspy interactions with KB and he is also somewhat waffly on WD like AA (did vote willie but I believe unvoted later).

Hmmm that isn't as helpful as I had hoped. Probably AA's defense of WD looks the worst, but no one comes out looking super towny from that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

If it’s Hal I’ll be bloody chuffed

Is chuffed good or bad? It sounds like something bad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Dancer wanted to spend some time looking at my vote history. So I will oblige his final request:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Scumbles look like they're getting rumbles.

*looks at beet*

##vote beet

I agree about the complete opposite. Why would we have to dunk them both???
My first vote was against beet for suggesting that b- was protecting scum buds. He was "joking", but it still struck me as odd and then beet and I had brief discussion over this.

Beet baby, that was never my reason. You've had too much to drink. If I wasn't at work, I'd call you and sing you a lullaby because clearly you need some sleep.

My reason for voting you was that you voted for Bee because you suggested he was protecting his scummates.

Meaning you think both Dancer and Ecco are, or have potential to be, scum.

Now, maybe it was the tonic, or a joke when you were voting, but I thought it was curious because:

A. I'm leaning towards a dunk on neither atm, if one of the two, Ecco obviously, but...
B. I'd reason Dancer is more likely to be town for the organic nature of how everything was revealed explained and...
C. Ecco could be making a scumbles stumble, but I doubt it.

##unvote

THe sauce
Unvoting Beet and a minute later after the mod spec with gaspy/ecco, a vote on ecco

Oh I skimmed the text dump for the pertinent claim bits, didn't see the weirdness.....

Maybe we should just vote ecco.

##vote ecco
another minute later I unvote because of explanations

ohh

##unvote

lmao

I'm an arseblaster

I'll blast your arses.

Also I think toal makes a good point.

##vote ecco
Back on ecco after toal(the serial killer's) point about lynching new players and old players with impunity if they scum claim. I thought it was a good stance at the time.

*sweeps up pieces into a man shaped form and hugs it*

sorry you rolled scum bud

##vote bee
Joke vote on Bee for his interactions with pig

lol,

ok I guess I should probably stop joking around though

##unvote

For real, ASF or ecco for my vote barring something better.

ASF's overreaction doesn't seem town oriented to me, and ecco scum claimed, doubled down on it, then recanted which, sure... gambits, but also.... scum claiming.

SO there it is.
An unvote where I call out my real suspicion reinforcing my stance on ecco at the time and a take on ASF following their strange behavior and unprompted claim.

Oh poo poo. Didn't realize it was tonight...

##vote ecco

Scum claimed
As I often do, I forgot when deadline was... substantiated in follow up post:

To elaborate: it will always be nebulous at this point. Ecco skilled enough to work that gambit as town or scum. We will revisit this and it will be nonproductive.

##vote bowmore

I guess I could get behind this.

Didn't he replace into a game a not post once
Perma-lurker

I for one really like how toalpaz doesn't back down from formidable players!

I am very entertained.

I'm going to vote ecco for reasons previously mentioned and to avoid a no lynch.

Bowmore at 0 tells us absolutely nothing.

Kit has come in to at least Express an opinion. I'd lunch a lurker. But yeah... gunz.

##vote ecco
Letting lurker guns to their job, I return to ecco.

Eh a joat claim and an overreaction on the 3p bit is probably more likely to be SK. Scum probably on Toal push ATM though. Need to look.

Would vote Toal as stated previously AS.

Would still vote Ecco and Gaspy

Toal is like probably 75%+ for SK

Gaspy is probably 75%+ for scum

Ecco is honestly 50% but would vote on policy alone. Scum claimed.
Thinking over toals claimed actions and behavior in light of jimmy's claim

##vote toal

You made a bunch of weird claims that I kind of gave a pass with the rising gambits overall, but yeah.

The slip that merk was 3p.

A slip is a slip. The interaction with Toal makes it seem definite.
Then I make some huge cases beefing with ecco when KB presents himself as scum and I rightfully identify him as such.

I offer you the same advice I gave Pig.

##vote KB
The scum ninja mind you. First vote, I make cases against him, and never get off of the vote or hedge on it, because my conviction was and is town oriented.

Sorry not caught up completely, but pig would be invincible to a factional kill and maybe even all night actions. Permanently ascetic.

I doubt a role like that exists and he's been pretty scummy without addressing any real content.

##vote pig

If something has changed in the last 2pages. Feel free to make fun.

Then pig for his many gambits and unbelievable claims.

I hold the vote for the day duration.

Early shade without specific example or concrete conviction. You started your smear of my play early. An easy push in your mind?

Did you just associate anyone you disagreed with, with me? It's funny because you seemed to be tossing real shade, but only joke associating imgay and soda?

That's fair at this point, a few people took this stance, but I don't see why you had to fake a vote on Pig as your next follow up a full IRL day later while loosely expressing "agreement" with other suspicion. It's strange that you need to get a reaction out of pig with all that happened in between then and the last time you posted, including Pig being fairly active.

You have a brief swath of null interactions following this with an exception:

Again, I reiterate that my role PM reads fairly standard and I am actually VANILLA TOWN so you alluding to some extra text in your wincon about 3Ps is fairly curious.

Stating the obvious, and this is probably one of the first times you assert this conditional on someone's alignment like you're giving the benefit of doubt

Defending your bad "reaction" vote by citing other players called you out for it is not actually a defense. It's more indignant than anything. "I made this questionable vote. So what? Yeah, someone else said it was bad. :colbert:"

Your post history up to this point only has very little in the way of casing AS aside from your early d1 suspicions. That you make yet another unexplained vote here is curious.

Then you make this post. How long does it take you to actually vote me though? Oh wait, despite making several more posts about how I'm scum, and have kept this tunnel all game, you haven't voted me once because you're trying to create some connection between us when you inevitably flip as scum.

Like if you're certain I'm scum, and it's my scum game, why vote Soda and then Pig again?

You're faking cases and opinions.

##vote Bee

Called out bee for his own strange behavior.
Kept vote on bee for a full IRL day until things started heating up between willie and imgay

Honestly, I'd probably vote imgay over willie right now just for showing up this close to deadline and not having anything to say about it.

Personal life takes precedence, perhaps I'm a bit biased on this regard, but I'd rather vote the person who at this point is willfully not contributing to the game.

##vote imgay

would switch to willie though.

I'm interested to know about n1 if he ever returns
Willie claimed some IRL drama, which may have been real, may not have been, but I think or thought it was worth some amnesty at the time.

eh... I guess this is actually a good point.

##vote willie
Agreed with eccos case not knowing ecco already could already invalidate willies claim completely

##unvote

Eh.... willie always posts like this.

##vote imgay
admittedly, very visibly, I start hedging and become flippant with my conviction and opinion here because fearing it was mylo or close to it, I didn't want to gently caress up. Turns out it all worked out because ecco knew all along willie was lying and just likes arguing :v:

I don't think ecco is scum, but I do feel like maybe she was building up to something with the claim requests.

I'm kind of undecided on willie at the moment.

I think it's convenient, but I can see why he wouldn't out himself either if he's not lying.

Willie, what was your n1 action

who did you target and your result?

Well I take it back, ecco didn't know yet, and was actually building up to her own reveal.

Ah :v:

OK... then yeah... that also makes sense lol

##vote willie

then boom

##unvote

:thunk:

Why toalpaz?

----

I started this overdefense yesterday before I left work. Posting, will be back later. work and halloween things.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
also that then boom isn't the ecco reveal I thought it was as I was scouring my post history to prove that my history and play reflected good.

Anyhow without a bunch fart words

imgay should probably die unless one of you is also flavor claiming a good vampire. I don't think we've had any good vampires flip.

Angel was already revealed as angelus.

Other than that.... ASF vanilla claimed way early under what I believe is artificial duress. One vote. Mostly lurky except now. Curious.

more later.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not gonna be around tonight I'm going out

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We going to discuss anything today? Deadline is today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm just going to go with my gut on this one. imgay safe claimed a vampire early on and no one else town that has flipped has been a vampire. I mean one of you could be Spike.

For flavor reasons, Spike is probably town because Angel was scum or they're both scum together, but given that in the show they were juxtaposed as characters, I'd reason he was probably town OR he's probably not in the game, but he probably is.

imgay is my top pick, but flavor is stupid and bad.

ASF's play has been worse than imgay's this game.

Early full claimed with literally the most minimal of pressure. 1 vote.

Then disappeared riding out the game til LYLO and has come back with a small fire.

Lurking scum.

##vote ASF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ahhhh I’m driving all day didn’t realize it was deadline.

I still have a few hours to drive hopefully deadline is later

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vote asf

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Apathetic town is worst town. Scum are probably just hoping we continue to run out the clock so they can pick us off at night.

Anyone home?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am but i'm watching the brand new anime my sister, my writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote Hal

• Locked thread