Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

-Somebody was supposedly trying to re-start Menace without Patrick, whatever happened to that?
-What about those biodynamic hate groups
-Allison's sister was wearing a t-shirt for one of those, is she with the alt-right or something? That could've been a relevant plot
-What about her dad's cancer
-whatever happened with that stupid dumb ap that Allison was going on about
-Is Allison still in college?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Harsh but fair.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SlothfulCobra posted:

-Somebody was supposedly trying to re-start Menace without Patrick, whatever happened to that?
-What about those biodynamic hate groups
-Allison's sister was wearing a t-shirt for one of those, is she with the alt-right or something? That could've been a relevant plot
-What about her dad's cancer
-whatever happened with that stupid dumb ap that Allison was going on about
-Is Allison still in college?

Nope, Patrick show. Nothing else matters.

We'll probably get resolution on the professor, but only because he showed up in Patrick's head. Everything else the author seems to have lost interest in.

I'm still laughing over the fact that Clevin just loving noped out in the middle of the last episode and doesn't even show up again. It'd actually be pretty cool if he really did just run away forever and Alison moves on without him, but I'm betting he'll just show up still together with her like nothing happened.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

We did get an answer to why Menace's network is being reactivated: The Conspiracy was trying to flush him out of hiding, so they started poking at his old contacts.

To be clear, this is very, very dumb, because it means the most interesting part of Menace's network being reactivated (all the resentful or frustrated supercriminals like Rat and Cleaver) is totally stripped of agency or plot importance. All that actual interest in why people turn to crime, even costumed super-crime, was fake.

This comic is forever a disappointment.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

This is the way the strip ends
Not with a bang but a simper

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
No Ending Protagonist

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

I think this was pretty much a better & more appropriate way for it to end than anything they could have come up with tbh

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

SlothfulCobra posted:

This at least was explained, if only in passing. The shirt was Allison's sister's ex-boyfriend's, and she wore it to dinner that one time because she was mad at Allison and wanted to get back at her.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFKQ7GflRkk

CAST
Brennan Lee Mulligan
Karen Brownman

CREW
Director - Ryan Anthony Martin
Writer - Brennan Lee Mulligan

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFKQ7GflRkk

CAST
Brennan Lee Mulligan
Karen Brownman

CREW
Director - Ryan Anthony Martin
Writer - Brennan Lee Mulligan

It's this kind of topical, energetic writing that really makes it clear why Strong Female Protagonist is the Watchmen of millennials.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I could go for a Tide pod right about now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Not gonna lie, I genuinely enjoyed that sketch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I guess if you like the same joke repeated for four minutes, sure.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah imo he's not a bad actor in it as far as straight to youtube level poo poo goes, but it's like 2 minutes longer than it needs to be.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the issues that I see are a) the terrible writing and b) his terrible, impossible face

the acting is ok but we don't see his acting in this webcomic do we

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the issues that I see are a) the terrible writing and b) his terrible, impossible face

the acting is ok but we don't see his acting in this webcomic do we

We do see his face!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

w-what.

*draws glasses on*

ffffffffff

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Not gonna lie, I genuinely enjoyed that sketch.

:same:

It's just this comic which is inexplicably terrible. Idk enough about how these sketches are made to have a clear sense of his role in them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

w-what.

*draws glasses on*

ffffffffff

I see it too. :gonk:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Paladinus posted:

We do see his face!

oh god oh god oh no it's growing it's spreading

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Check out this idea I had: Clevin and Hobbes

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
whoa

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Clevin and Kell

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

Check out this idea I had: Clevin and Hobbes
that's a pretty swell idea, dude

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Synthbuttrange posted:

Clevin and Kell

This one's better honestly. In that it doesn't involve my beloved childhood comic in any way, but instead causes us to ask 'what if this were also a furry webcomic, what animal could Clevin possibly be that would be shapeless and noodly enough without being something interesting.'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The scene where one character eats another can be left untouched.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

The scene where one character eats another can be left untouched.

Change it so it's Clevin eating pasta.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Looked back at the hiatus again page today. They're never actually going to finish this, are they.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I mean it's important as an artist to realize when you've lost passion in a project and it just isn't working out, chalk it up to a learning experience and move on, but lmao at the sycophants that gave their hard-earned money to a failed project

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Looked back at the hiatus again page today. They're never actually going to finish this, are they.
Would the world be worse off if it didn't?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I almost want to see them play an RPG in a comic. Alison can freak all the other players out by going murderhobo because that's what she wants deep down in real life. Clevin can hamstring a character by, like ,making a bard with a low Charisma and break into tears when Feral gets onto him, and he will respond he's just playing his character. It would be the best worst thing ever.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

super sweet best pal posted:

Change it so it's Clevin eating pasta.

the pasta would have more personality

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dawgstar posted:

I almost want to see them play an RPG in a comic. Alison can freak all the other players out by going murderhobo because that's what she wants deep down in real life. Clevin can hamstring a character by, like ,making a bard with a low Charisma and break into tears when Feral gets onto him, and he will respond he's just playing his character. It would be the best worst thing ever.

Honestly this would be a better comic. Like, I despise the 'actually it's all just a tabletop game! No stakes!' framing shift most of the time. But here it would be an actual improvement because it would allow for actual meta-level consideration of what's gone so wrong.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

More accurately, Alison will make a character that claims to be dark and disturbed and want to kill things all the time and then proceed to avoid actually having any of that affect her character, ever.

And Patrick is the DM who also has a favored NPC who quickly becomes the main character and never lets the other characters have the limelight.

Then the campaign peters out before the climax because everyone wants their nights back and stops coming.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How dare you people fool me into thinking something happened

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Wemus posted:

How dare you people fool me into thinking something happened

Did you forget what comic this thread is about

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it's about clevin, perpetually out for a few minutes to go buy some pasta and tea, and just sort of hovering out there forever :smith:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

it's about clevin, perpetually out for a few minutes to go buy some pasta and tea, and just sort of hovering out there forever :smith:

Fully wrapped in permanent spaghetti rope and fully delitized and loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

We could just make Clevin jokes forever in here

or marvel at how megatokyo still exists over and over for eternity

• Locked thread