Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Do not use this.

Use this instead.
It's better put together, less buggy and not made by a dipshit who went out his way to remove the source for his script so you can fix the bugs he left in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

You weren't responding to me but I appreciate this helpful list for whenever I finally get around to modding FNV. But what if I want to do Tale of Two Wastelands? Where does it go in this order?

Also you wouldn't suggest Project Nevada?

Personally I'm not a fan of it because it tends to require a lot of compatibility patches and there are other, smaller individual mods that replicate pretty much anything Project Nevada does. Still, there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm aware and there'll probably be others in here that will recommend it still. The list I provided is just a bare bones essentials list that you could go on to install pretty much whatever on top of so if you wanna give it a go, you can. That all being said, I think Solid Project is the more modern recommendation people would suggest.

e:

Raygereio posted:

Do not use this.

Use this instead.
It's better put together, less buggy and not made by a dipshit who went out his way to remove the source for his script so you can fix the bugs he left in there.

I was not aware of this. Thanks for the heads up.

e:

Posting for new page + fixed link to better Quickloot mod

quote:

First, use Mod Organizer 2 instead of Nexus Mod Manager. It will make loving with mod installs virtually pain free.

NVSE
NVAC
NVSR
MCM
CASM
YUP
Unofficial Patch NVSE
Vanilla UI Plus
JSawyer Ultimate Edition
Prerelease Restored
Uncut Wasteland
New Vegas Uncut
Quickloot for New Vegas
FNVLODGen + addons listed

Install them in the order listed. This is assuming you haven't installed anything else yet.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 30, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TTW will generally go at the top of your load order unless otherwise stated.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Raygereio posted:

Do not use this.

Use this instead.

xilandro's a dipshit? pity, he's worked on some cool stuff, even if most of it is still unreleased

but, yes, his quickloot solution is buggy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NikkolasKing posted:

You weren't responding to me but I appreciate this helpful list for whenever I finally get around to modding FNV. But what if I want to do Tale of Two Wastelands? Where does it go in this order?

Also you wouldn't suggest Project Nevada?

I would suggest PN, greatly.

Also, once you have your core ESM and ESP files down,
Asurah Reanimation pack
Weapons of the new Millenia

And the compatibility patch for these two.
Asurah plays nice with Project Nevada, gives you a heads up option at game start to turn off PN Sprint in favor of the Asurah option. It's pretty nice!

fake edit;
Being on Fire Hurts - Like a Lot :supaburn:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

how is this not just pointless clutter

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the best mod for integrating the GRA weapons into the game?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
My return to doing a second TTW run is kind of sad at the moment, the DC end of things is really lack luster still despite the mod suggesting you start in the Capital Wasteland. What mods that exist for the Fallout 3 side seem to have trickled out last few years but get broken a lot during the updates?

I'm greatly annoyed that nobody has at least tried to add some themes to the capital Wasteland generic raiders like some F4 mods have done.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure I saw a mod that did exactly that last time I played ttw, but I forget the title and it could be out of date by now. I'd look for it but I'm not at home, sorry. I wanna say it added like three new types of raider gangs on different themes, one was kinda pitt-esque, one was culty?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallout 3 and 4 are actively mediocre, and 76 is apparently poo poo.

GG, guys, franchise is foreverial poo poo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skwirl posted:

What's the best mod for integrating the GRA weapons into the game?

GRA: Right to Bear Arms.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 30, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Verviticus posted:

how is this not just pointless clutter

What do you mean?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUC_Q4pzb7c

Ever wanted to see the potato faces from New Vegas look even more terrifying?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I dunno, I think they look pretty good personally. Only thing that stands out to me is how infrequently the NPCs blink. I wonder if that's something that could be adjusted.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Upmarket Mango posted:

First, use Mod Organizer 2 instead of Nexus Mod Manager. It will make loving with mod installs virtually pain free.

NVSE
NVAC
NVSR
MCM
CASM
YUP
Unofficial Patch NVSE
Vanilla UI Plus
JSawyer Ultimate Edition
Prerelease Restored
Uncut Wasteland
New Vegas Uncut
Quickloot for New Vegas
FNVLODGen + addons listed

Install them in the order listed. This is assuming you haven't installed anything else yet.

Everything great until MCM, when I download and try to run it, it opens up with the nexus mod manager. the file is .fomod, it also fails to install and gives me an error if I try to do so thru NMM. I'm using the links you posted. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Okay I used fallout mod manager in order to install MCM. I'll keep on trucking.

Just realized I hosed up and was installing them manually. Am I suppossed to use mod organizer 2 (the one for skyrim) and use it to install all those mods in the order posted? Sorry if I'm dense.

Pau fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 30, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Upmarket Mango posted:

I dunno, I think they look pretty good personally. Only thing that stands out to me is how infrequently the NPCs blink. I wonder if that's something that could be adjusted.

Having used some of Dragbody's mods, it's not the dead eyes that kill it, it's the lack of eyebrow movement.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Pau posted:

Everything great until MCM, when I download and try to run it, it opens up with the nexus mod manager. the file is .fomod, it also fails to install and gives me an error if I try to do so thru NMM. I'm using the links you posted. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Okay I used fallout mod manager in order to install MCM. I'll keep on trucking.

Just realized I hosed up and was installing them manually. Am I suppossed to use mod organizer 2 (the one for skyrim) and use it to install all those mods in the order posted? Sorry if I'm dense.

Mod Organizer 2 is the mod manager you should be using. Don't be fooled by it being hosted on Skyrim Nexus, Mod Organizer 2 works with New Vegas. It can install .fomod files natively. The biggest selling point of Mod Organizer 2 is that is utilizes a virtual file directory and other computer stuff I don't understand in order to leave your game install directory untouched, so it's practically impossible to break your install with mods. It can even handle working with NVSE mods too, though I would still recommend installing those manually into your game directory.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

Fallout 1 and 2 faces right here.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Upmarket Mango posted:

Mod Organizer 2 is the mod manager you should be using. Don't be fooled by it being hosted on Skyrim Nexus, Mod Organizer 2 works with New Vegas. It can install .fomod files natively. The biggest selling point of Mod Organizer 2 is that is utilizes a virtual file directory and other computer stuff I don't understand in order to leave your game install directory untouched, so it's practically impossible to break your install with mods. It can even handle working with NVSE mods too, though I would still recommend installing those manually into your game directory.

is it worth the hassle of upgrading from MO1? what's the biggest improvement?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Honestly i don't know the differences between MO1 and MO2 off the top of my head Better native support for New Vegas I assume, and it's actively developed. That said, if you have a modded install set up through MO1 and everything is working and you're satisfied with it, I don't see any reason muck that up. But if you want to update or you're thinking of reinstalling then yeah, I would recommend updating purely based on the fact that MO2 is more updated and modern and actively worked on

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I had MO2 working for a while but it broke and took all my mods with it during an update, so I went back to MO1 legacy and haven't had any issues since. Just make sure you have the automatic archive invalidation checked so you avoid texture fuckups.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The only real improvement is that it supports 64-bit applications such as SkyrimSE.

MO1 is basically End of Life and is not actively supported and developed for anymore. And upgrading to MO2 shouldn't be huge undertaking. But on the other hand MO1 still works just fine for New Vegas. So if you have working setup, there's really no need to upgrade.
If you're thinking about reinstalling and starting fresh with MO2: A potentially important difference is that MO2 doesn't have the system for handling archives (.bsa) that MO1 had. There are good reasons for that and the people supporting MO2 and working on an alternative system. But does mean MO2 doesn't parse archives and show you conflicts between packaged files.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Arcsquad12 posted:

they look pretty good to me

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All faces in gamebryo games look scary to me, even asset rips from other games ported into the engine.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

MariusLecter posted:

What do you mean?

its 1.5gb of just... real life guns. do they all perform substantially differently somehow? ive never thought in FNV "wow i need more gun types"

i guess a more specific question could be: "why would i install a 1.5gb file so i can have like, both an ak47 and an ak74"

Fuligin posted:

they look pretty good to me

easy pete and a couple others that have lighting that isnt just a spotlight on their face kinda cover up the dead eyes look and then it looks really good

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 31, 2018

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

pretty sure I saw a mod that did exactly that last time I played ttw, but I forget the title and it could be out of date by now. I'd look for it but I'm not at home, sorry. I wanna say it added like three new types of raider gangs on different themes, one was kinda pitt-esque, one was culty?

Please do, I have been looking but not found anything like that.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I don't normally go for the hardcore immersion mods but I might end up using this and actually playing on a normal difficulty, usually I feel like I have to crank it up just to compensate for how overpowered you get and then the fights just end up taking forever

No Pipboy in Combat

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

It looks pretty good? Still pretty stiff, but there's only so much you can do with those rigs/animations. I will say that I'm not super-enthusiastic about the new clothes/designs of the characters there. Stuff like Sunny Smiles looking like she's starring as an extra in a Resident Evil movie and Papa Khan losing the silly pseudo-mongol setup rob New Vegas of a bit of its silly charm to me.

Hard not to commend the effort and the results, though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Any interesting new stable player houses out there at the moment for FNV?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SeanBeansShako posted:

There's House of Horrors

But it's not new or a player house.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SeanBeansShako posted:

A more serious search brings up-

Build your own mountain fort.

quote:

In the mountains between Hidden Valley and the REPCONN test site is a small campsite where one could build a real fortress. Setup and Layout resemble the mechanics of Hearthfire. No DLC required. Also adds a new fully moddable unique 9mm pistol.

It starts as a campsite that you upgrade with blueprints to a shack and then pay for upgrades through a terminal.

And a favorite of mine-
Steamed Hams House

Memes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets hope fort kick rear end plays nice with TTW.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Doing a search for Bottle That Water mod I came across Bottle That Blood.

quote:

There's only a limited amount of blood in a body so you can bottle a maximum of 10 packets which also fills your canteen or drink blood from the body.

That's a lot of blood from a single person tho. :stare: :drac:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
A human has nine or ten pints of blood (four and a half liters) in their body, so it makes sense.

Hang them upside down and cut their throats, it'll pour right out.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm doing a playthrough with Bottle that blood and now I'm definitely going to make this current character a full on ghoul. Well not a Ghoul ghoul.

I mean...

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66303

quote:

Replaces the Cannibal perk sound effect with Cookie Monster's "omnomnom."

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Anyone played the New California mod? From what I've read it's decent if a too combat-heavy for the engine and the voice acting can be a bit wonky in some places which is IMO expected and not something I'd mind that much if the rest was up to snuff. Seems like it's not too padded either and one playthrough can take around 10 hours and it's allegedly replayable.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

lordfrikk posted:

Anyone played the New California mod? From what I've read it's decent if a too combat-heavy for the engine and the voice acting can be a bit wonky in some places which is IMO expected and not something I'd mind that much if the rest was up to snuff. Seems like it's not too padded either and one playthrough can take around 10 hours and it's allegedly replayable.

Watch for 1min or so after 16:22 and then decide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWe7oOWDb2M&t=982s

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
That the guy is insufferable but I guess you wanted to point out the bad writing and amateur voice over?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

lordfrikk posted:

That the guy is insufferable but I guess you wanted to point out the bad writing and amateur voice over?

Yes. The mod gets WAY more red pill and misogynist also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Wait, really? Goddamn, from the review it sounded so good. Too good to be true, apparently.