Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbin posted:

Jericho looks like old Revolver Ocelot

I agree that Jericho is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

Nothing makes me happier that Chris Jericho's career has reached the point of,"Every company in the world is offering me big bucks to come do the odd appearance here and there" and then when he does show up it's usually incredible and he has a hell of a match.

jericho is the renaissance man of the entertainment world

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so double or nothing in vegas and all-in 2 at jacksonville or is jacksonville something else

They put down a copyright for All Out, so I guess that's Jacksonville?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So much pyro.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's some pyro :stare:

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

"change the universe"

Oh Y2J

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Jericho was a Ted Turner guy all along.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Fireworks without color are fireworks I don't want to see.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It wouldn't be a wrestling promotion without it being headlined by a 48+ year old

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Good move for Jericho not to go full heel and just put the promotion over

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Vince just made The List

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

Change the thread title to this imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

They put down a copyright for All Out, so I guess that's Jacksonville?

DDT gonna send some dudes around to break some kneecaps.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Are all private security teams led by a 400 lb man with a ponytail or does that guy just do a lot of business?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lmao thats an excessive amount of pyro

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i can't believe they didn't have any wrestling on their first show, these guys are morons

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zyla posted:

someone had to buy up the excess inventory after WWE quit using it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zyla posted:

That's like "We have stadium pyro. Lets just shoot that at the end. Why not?"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

That's like "We have stadium pyro. Lets just shoot that at the end. Why not?"

jags post season pyro :rip:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Outdoor pyro in non dark conditions is always totally pointless mind but i guess they made their point

the pyro budget is gonna be huge

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I love that WWE burned their bridges with Jericho badly enough that he broke his promise to not work the US and is gonna be part of this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zyla posted:

jags post season pyro :rip:

That's the "Hey, its Week 2 and Blake Bortles might be good?" stash.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

It wouldn't be a wrestling promotion without it being headlined by a 48+ year old

he's a very fresh 48. only two months into that bad boy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

VJeff posted:

I love that WWE burned their bridges with Jericho badly enough that he broke his promise to not work the US and is gonna be part of this.

did they really?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think i remember someone saying that hangman page was a school teacher and thats just adorable :allears:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Zyla posted:

i think i remember someone saying that hangman page was a school teacher and thats just adorable :allears:

Tim Storm is a teacher too, is he adorable?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zyla posted:

https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/732985688115793921

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please save US TV wrestling cody, jericho et al

Called your shot

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I hope AEW is successful for a lot of reasons, but it's hard to shake the feeling that Cody and the Bucks just managed to stumble across the world's biggest money mark and are going to shake him down for everything they can get before he realizes It's A Bad Idea To Be A Wrestling Promoter.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

surf rock posted:

I hope AEW is successful for a lot of reasons, but it's hard to shake the feeling that Cody and the Bucks just managed to stumble across the world's biggest money mark and are going to shake him down for everything they can get before he realizes It's A Bad Idea To Be A Wrestling Promoter.

yeah same.

what a hosed up world the wrestling world is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zyla posted:

did they really?

he's helping form what might be the first serious competition to WWE in 2 decades so i'd wager yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I’m very happy with the announcements made at the rally, especially Janela, Jericho and PAC appearing, and the gun violence benefit at the Jacksonville show and the equal pay for women talent :unsmith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I’m very happy with the announcements made at the rally, especially Janela, Jericho and PAC appearing, and the gun violence benefit at the Jacksonville show and the equal pay for women talent :unsmith:

its so weird being happy and excited for american wrestling again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zyla posted:

did they really?

I'm sure he could probably still get a contract easily with WWE if he wanted to, but apparently when he did the Jericho Cruise he went directly to WWE and asked them if they wanted to be involved and they turned him down, which is why it suddenly became a ROH (and Impact) thing instead, and turned out to be a big success.

I think his mindset now is that he gave them plenty of opportunities but he isn't going to turn down good money/cut out potential revenue streams in the US for a company that might not have anything worthwhile for large gaps of time, or ask him to fly to Saudi Arabia for a single show (I'm pretty sure any moral objections he has to Saudi Arabia is that he can't drink while he's over there).

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he's helping form what might be the first serious competition to WWE in 2 decades so i'd wager yes

well sure i was just wondering if there was a juicy story and jru got me

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sure he could probably still get a contract easily with WWE if he wanted to, but apparently when he did the Jericho Cruise he went directly to WWE and asked them if they wanted to be involved and they turned him down, which is why it suddenly became a ROH (and Impact) thing instead, and turned out to be a big success.

I think his mindset now is that he gave them plenty of opportunities but he isn't going to turn down good money/cut out potential revenue streams in the US for a company that might not have anything worthwhile for large gaps of time, or ask him to fly to Saudi Arabia for a single show (I'm pretty sure any moral objections he has to Saudi Arabia is that he can't drink while he's over there).

counterpoint:

VJeff posted:

Guess who's been moved to the alumni section of WWE's website, lol.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chris James 2 posted:

yeah this :unsmith:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

you know wrestling is hosed up when i heard those things and briefly wondered if they were good ideas for the long term viability of the company

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

Jericho looks like old Revolver Ocelot

He's pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

surf rock posted:

I hope it is successful too, but either way it's nice that a bunch of very talented wrestlers are gonna get paid well.