Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Two Kings posted:

Same here. I saw the Jackie joke cd on reddit. I finally got why they always goofed on Jackie’s wife for being his graphic artist. The cd looks like something I could have made on a cheap label maker as a teenager when making mixed cds was cool.

Remember that Nancy had to form like, 40 different companies to get all this work done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Don't forget Big Orange Marble and Spinning Plates.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goofing on Jackie and Nancy is still some of the best content the show has ever done.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Nancy = easily the worst wife on the show, ever.

A total gold digger who dumped Jackie pretty much as soon as he left the show.

I mean, who wouldn't want to gently caress this?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

The video of Richard crying today over the Chiefs loss was great. Wasn’t that rear end in a top hat going crazy over the Eagles winning last year? I normally find Richards “everything’s my favorite” endearing but sports bigamist annoy me.

Yes, and not only that, but he was gloating about how much Tom Brady sucks after the Eagles win. Lo and behold, Brady is the one who knocks out his precious Chiefs this year.

There's a lot about Richard's sports fandom that irrationally irritates me:

• He'd never admit it, but it's all just an excuse for him to drink, especially the poo poo last year with the Eagles.
  • He's a total bandwagon fan. He never talked about sports at all until recent years when the Kansas City teams started to win. I guarantee he couldn't name five players on the Chiefs, or three players on his precious Eagles. And notice that you never see him posing in Royals gear on Twitter or talking about them anymore -- because they've been terrible since they won the World Series.
  • Someone who is supposedly a die hard fan for their hometown team would never root for another team like he did with the Eagles, much less celebrate like he did when they won the Super Bowl.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Yes, and not only that, but he was gloating about how much Tom Brady sucks after the Eagles win. Lo and behold, Brady is the one who knocks out his precious Chiefs this year.

There's a lot about Richard's sports fandom that irrationally irritates me:

• He'd never admit it, but it's all just an excuse for him to drink, especially the poo poo last year with the Eagles.
  • He's a total bandwagon fan. He never talked about sports at all until recent years when the Kansas City teams started to win. I guarantee he couldn't name five players on the Chiefs, or three players on his precious Eagles. And notice that you never see him posing in Royals gear on Twitter or talking about them anymore -- because they've been terrible since they won the World Series.
  • Someone who is supposedly a die hard fan for their hometown team would never root for another team like he did with the Eagles, much less celebrate like he did when they won the Super Bowl.

I can give him a pass on being a Royals fan: he has great childhood memories of his dad taking him to the games. So that counts.

But everything else you said is dead on.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I haven't listened to the show in years but I follow Richard on Twitter and all the Eagles fandom stuff seemed to be related to his wife? I can kind of get that, especially if your own team isn't in contention.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He also participates in the broad street run every year and that's no joke.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s 10 miles on a slight downhill.

He has done marathons tho which is impressive considering he’s an alcoholic

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

beep by grandpa posted:

He also participates in the broad street run every year and that's no joke.

Also Wing Bowl which is a pretty hosed up location piece if you haven't heard it

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Also Wing Bowl which is a pretty hosed up location piece if you haven't heard it

Philly is one of the most racist places I've ever lived, and drat it's good to hear those racists assholes being honest for once.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know anything about this

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

euphronius posted:

It’s 10 miles on a slight downhill.

He has done marathons tho which is impressive considering he’s an alcoholic

I think most marathon runners have addictions and running helps them not spend time at that addiction, which becomes their next sorta addiction. It's all massive extremes and punishing themselves.

also Richard dreamed of being tucked in by elves at a christmas lodge, he's a simple man, let him enjoy his sports ball games and the feeling of connection he gets from other fans and his wife being happy about the team winning.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't know anything about this

It’s over with so don’t bother

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Today's show started pretty good with the Newlywed Game drama. This is when the show is at its best. Then I sort of forgot everything else that happened

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Astro7x posted:

Today's show started pretty good with the Newlywet Game drama. This is when the show is at its best. Then I sort of forgot everything else that happened

FTFY

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
But seriously, I'm looking forward to the Newlywet Game. I'm hoping JD particpates with his wife and wipes the floor with the other couples. Also I can't wait to see how badly Memet loses.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I grew up in a state with no pro sports, only college and minor league teams, so I'm always a little confused (or amused) when grown men cry or start a riot or other insane poo poo when their team wins/loses.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Former Human posted:

I grew up in a state with no pro sports, only college and minor league teams, so I'm always a little confused (or amused) when grown men cry or start a riot or other insane poo poo when their team wins/loses.

Grown men will absolutely start crying riots over college sports in the southernish states.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

College sports are a million times more tribal and gross than league sports

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Squashy Nipples posted:

Nancy = easily the worst wife on the show, ever.

Howard's flirtation with her always creeped me out.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Howard's flirtation with her always creeped me out.

He always went on and on about her like she was the hottest woman on the planet. She had a good body I guess, but yeah, he seemed obsessed with her. His marriage to Allison must've gone down the tubes pretty quick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

He always went on and on about her like she was the hottest woman on the planet. She had a good body I guess, but yeah, he seemed obsessed with her. His marriage to Allison must've gone down the tubes pretty quick.

Howard has always considered skinniness to be the single most important thing about women.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

prefect posted:

Howard has always considered skinniness to be the single most important thing about women.

That's loving ridiculous. Not saying you're wrong, of course, I just hate that.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

prefect posted:

Really it was how sexual he thought they were. Nancy was alright for a hippie chick from long island, but she seemed sexually uninhibited, and I think more then anything that is what got Howard going about her.
Also, Ralph, Howard, and Richard talking about football this morning was harrible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I just watched The Oath (staring/written by Ike Barinholtz). It actually was pretty good and manages to not be preachy. There was at least one Stern reference in the movie too.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Astro7x posted:

Today's show started pretty good with the Newlywed Game drama. This is when the show is at its best. Then I sort of forgot everything else that happened

100% agree. Other stuff happened, but staff fights are the best and what should have been a pretty basic little intro exploded in to a fantastic segment. I totally am in the "sick of Memet's bullshit" team, but he does know how to keep a bit alive by becoming the villain. I hope they do the newlywed bracket they proposed.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mehmet might be a dick, but him taking Brent down a peg during the IQ test was pretty sweet. I would hope Ronald The Mund would do the same thing, but I doubt it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I was interviewing for a new job the other day and the woman conducting the interview asked if I had any experience with Lotus Notes. I almost blurted out "Oh yeah sure, Jeff Schick taught me everything there is to know."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

I was interviewing for a new job the other day and the woman conducting the interview asked if I had any experience with Lotus Notes. I almost blurted out "Oh yeah sure, Jeff Schick taught me everything there is to know."

Howard, the answer is on page 2, third column in orange. It's titled "Siobhan's broken vagina."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Howard, the answer is on page 2, third column in orange. It's titled "Siobhan's broken vagina."

I should've spent the entire time talking about SIM cards

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan posted:

Notes? Jesus. do they still use Blackberries?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Notes? Jesus. do they still use Blackberries?

I don't think they use it all that much, they've pretty much migrated to Outlook. Then again, it's a state agency. At my current agency, we rely heavily on an app written in loving VB6 that has to run off a Windows 2003 terminal server.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg Ronnie completely melted down

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This is gone :( does anyone know if there’s a mirror or if original url is still active?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am surprised a caller got through asking about what happened to the sybian, with Howard pretty much saying "The last girl who used it broke it, I mean, how many times can you do the sybian!"

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
In Artie news, it looks like he is now claiming his nose issue came from the time he owed a bookie 68k, got kidnapped by a 19 year old, and held for ransom for 100k?

Yeah, so he's absolutely not on coke right now. https://theinterrobang.com/artie-langes-nose/

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
junkie loser

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
“I owed a bookie 62 grand, and a kid who worked for the bookie, we’ll call him African American..."

Jesus Christ, is he really going with "A black guy did it"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Lol so a woman got glass in his nose and made it blow up like a balloon and then a black guy punched it flat. Okay Artie.