Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Sideshow Luke Perry.

Would this have a build to someone shooting him out of a cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
What about Kenter a.k.a. HIDEOITAMI

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

pretty sure he's coming home to NOAH and that's why WWE let him go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said on the audio Beretta and Chuck Taylor are done with New Japan after this weekend's New Beginning USA shows and are AEW-bound

ed: Sammy Guevara and Kylie Rae are also going to AEW

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 30, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said on the audio Beretta and Chuck Taylor are done with New Japan after this weekend's New Beginning USA shows and are AEW-bound

That sucks. Okada's losing his friends :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: Sammy Guevara and Kylie Rae are also going to AEW

Four great gets

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They better put in Chuckie T's contract that he isn't allowed to delete his tweets

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Jerusalem posted:

They better put in Chuckie T's contract that he isn't allowed to delete his tweets

:yeah:

I love me some Chuckie and Beretta, so this makes me extremely happy and optimistic for AEW (again).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

And on the bright side, he might get to live tweet Wrestle Kingdom again :smith:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Is Moxley a good fit for AEW? Still trying to determine if it's a work or not, but enjoying all the Reddit posters absolutely convinced that WWE wouldn't let him get away.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AEW won't be allowing anyone to speak; just wrestle. It could be a difficult transition and a lot of Jonathan Good's talents are likely to be lost. Anyone who is good on "the mic" is very wary of signing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Moxley/Omega could be the big main event they'd want for Double or Nothing but it's hard to say who'd be a good fit for a promotion with a roster of about ten people and no shows under their belt.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Helicity posted:

Is Moxley a good fit for AEW? Still trying to determine if it's a work or not, but enjoying all the Reddit posters absolutely convinced that WWE wouldn't let him get away.

I don't see why not. He wrestled all over the indies, from HWA to CZW to Dragon Gate USA and Evolve (he was on shows 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7), it's been several years but there's little doubt to me that he can adapt his style enough to fit in well. And apparently he did a 3 month tour with IWA Puerto Rico in 2006. Which is mostly amusing to me because he was in a tag team called The British Militia. And for part of the run he was known as Moxley Moxx. Which is amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Moxley/Omega could be the big main event they'd want for Double or Nothing but it's hard to say who'd be a good fit for a promotion with a roster of about ten people and no shows under their belt.

I suspect they're doing Jericho/Omega, but Moxley doing a run-in during that or the Page/PAC match would be a good way to get some buzz for the Jacksonville show. (I almost wonder if that's going to be the first TV taping)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Wouldn't Double or Nothing be in the middle of the post-WWE no compete clause? Jacksonville, depending on the date, could be the first chance for Ambrose to arrive.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Wouldn't Double or Nothing be in the middle of the post-WWE no compete clause? Jacksonville, depending on the date, could be the first chance for Ambrose to arrive.
No Competes only exist when you’re released early from a contract. If his contract is over in April he can do what he likes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I suspect they're doing Jericho/Omega, but Moxley doing a run-in during that or the Page/PAC match would be a good way to get some buzz for the Jacksonville show. (I almost wonder if that's going to be the first TV taping)

Jericho/Omega II was definitely something I'd thought was a lock but Moxley could be a strong second choice.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

When his contract expires he's out. Releases are when you get no compete clauses, not expirations

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the rumor going around is that Dean Ambrose was offered a contract by AEW, but it was a mistake on AEW's part because they believed that the character of Dean Ambrose was being portrayed by Matt Borne. nevertheless, Dean Ambrose signed the contract and will be portraying a character similar to the one both he and Matt Borne portrayed in the WWE, though obviously under a different name.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

being told AEW is coming close to terms with the estate of Spike Dudley for their first in a series of memorial tournaments.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im going to miss big greg and dustin in njpw but the best friends are a good get.

sammy guevara and kylie rae are both good young talents to build on too. it seems like they're smartly building the bulk of their roster outside of wwe so its a much different product off the jump.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

as long as the best friends are given their rightful place as tag team champions and co champions of every singles belt i'll be happy

otherwise if they do my boys wrong, you'll regret this grody chodes

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

shiksa posted:

im going to miss big greg and dustin in njpw but the best friends are a good get.

sammy guevara and kylie rae are both good young talents to build on too. it seems like they're smartly building the bulk of their roster outside of wwe so its a much different product off the jump.

IMO there aren't a ton of active roster WWE guys who I think would be game changers in their first year now when they have Jericho. I'm more worried about WWE scooping up good indie guys like they have with ACH and Trevor Lee. It'd be cool to see TUE head there eventually, but again, I don't think they need to be there on day one for AEW to get off the ground.

What is the story with Dalton Castle's contract btw? I can see WWE and AEW having a bidding war over him, he'd be another great and distinctive get for AEW.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Isn't Dalton Castle basically perma injured? Last I saw him he really needed to take some time off to heal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You'd need The Boys as well as Dalton for the gimmick to work. And maybe don't make him world champ since that seemed to gently caress up his body.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

coconono posted:

You'd need The Boys as well as Dalton for the gimmick to work. And maybe don't make him world champ since that seemed to gently caress up his body.

They should sign The Boys first. The ultimate bargaining tactic

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I mean Dalton is a long time ROH guy from their dojo and whatnot so I can see him staying there for a while but also he would definitely shine under a bigger budget, personally I'd like him at AEW so we can have more Ashley Remington vs Chuckie T

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Kylie Rae in AEW would rock, although it will hurt to no longer have the Pokemon theme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Dalton was trained through some northeast school, not the ROH Dojo?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I shudder at the thought of what the WWE would do with Dalton's gimmick.

It's why I don't have high hopes for Velveteen Dream on the main roster.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

coconono posted:

I thought Dalton was trained through some northeast school, not the ROH Dojo?

I thought I remembered him saying he trained with them in I think a sam roberts interview or something, although I think he could probably be referring to training there while being on the active roster in retrospect

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cavauro posted:

AEW won't be allowing anyone to speak; just wrestle. It could be a difficult transition and a lot of Jonathan Good's talents are likely to be lost. Anyone who is good on "the mic" is very wary of signing.

no promos? or like, ROH style short promos?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There will be after-match promos With the bigger matches, treated similarly to UFC.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

What is the story with Dalton Castle's contract btw? I can see WWE and AEW having a bidding war over him, he'd be another great and distinctive get for AEW.

I'll just say it is an evolving story.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Dalton Castle is evolving into Charizard.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Main event at Double or Nothing will be a ladder match between Jericho and Moxley with Mitch the plant hanging from the rafters.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

Evolving? Or "EVOLVE"-ing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
^^ Goddamnit!

rovert posted: