Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DLC Inc posted:

I hope all of that is true lol

yeah same, if you can make that gimmick work for over 30 years you've got something. There aren't many guys like that in WWE. Is Velveteen Dream one of the only wrestlers left in the company with a completely batshit name? Other than luchadors not many people have monikers like Undertaker or Razor Ramon or Wrath etc etc

Ricochet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why is vince mCmahon fine with women having as many names as they like

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Also if you want an extremely solid reason to hate The Undertaker then look up how he treated Kanyon.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NienNunb posted:

Also if you want an extremely solid reason to hate The Undertaker then look up how he treated Kanyon.
Kanyon was so under-rated and it makes me so sad what he had to struggle with. I was a huge Mortis mark in WCW and I never realized how good Kanyon was until much later. His random Kanyon Cutters in seemingly totally unrelated segments was so much fun.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

You can't be a hall of fame wrestler and still be a good person
what did ddp do besides orgies with bischoff or whatever that was

If he murdered someone or something I'm going to come up with a campaign for Edge

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Spiderdrake posted:

what did ddp do besides orgies with bischoff or whatever that was

If he murdered someone or something I'm going to come up with a campaign for Edge
I think it was just wife-swapping with Bischoff and Eric was the one who kinda gave him a big push to begin with so who could blame him if it was consensual. Edge had an outright affair on his then-wife with a co-worker's girlfriend which is skeezy but as far as I know, Matt, Lita, and Edge are on better terms now.

Bob Backland is generally insane but I don't know of any stories off-hand about him being a lovely person, at least.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I think it was just wife-swapping with Bischoff and Eric was the one who kinda gave him a big push to begin with so who could blame him if it was consensual. Edge had an outright affair on his then-wife with a co-worker's girlfriend which is skeezy but as far as I know, Matt, Lita, and Edge are on better terms now.

Bob Backland is generally insane but I don't know of any stories off-hand about him being a lovely person, at least.

Christian, too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

Kanyon was so under-rated and it makes me so sad what he had to struggle with. I was a huge Mortis mark in WCW and I never realized how good Kanyon was until much later. His random Kanyon Cutters in seemingly totally unrelated segments was so much fun.

There's a reason the Kanyon/Taker angle made a surprisingly deep run in the NY64.

The sheer joy in Taker's face while he brains Kanyon with a chair makes it impossible to accept even on a kayfabe level. It's just horrible on many levels.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i was gonna say batista seems pretty cool but i guess he is not in it!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cavauro posted:

You can't be a hall of fame wrestler and still be a good person

Why do you hate Negro Casas and Kenta Kobashi

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am cancer

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

shiksa posted:

i was gonna say batista seems pretty cool but i guess he is not in it!

Sorry but the WWE Hall of Fame is a vaunted holy land of wrestling skill and he just isn't up to the lofty standards set by...

*squints at notes*

...Drew Carey?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mark Callaway is such a lame actor.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I’m not an autograph guy at all, but I’d pay $20 or whatever to meet Undertaker.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I'm pretty sure I read an interview more recently where Matt took a lot of the blame for being a lovely boyfriend. Also they openly joked about it on the E&C show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bigass Moth posted:

I’m not an autograph guy at all, but I’d pay $20 or whatever to meet Undertaker.

I'd let Undertaker pay $20 to meet me and have me lecture him about why racism is bad and why he's a scab.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What if Brian Lee was the real Undertaker all along and Mark Calaway was the fake one

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kanyon was absolutely a top 3 guy for me back in high school and how WWE treated him after they bought WCW was just absolutely the worst.

It is remarkable to me how the “Cutter Out of Nowhere” schtick has followed that move to varying degrees from DDP to Kanyon to Randy.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I grew up with the Undertaker but he was never the same to me after American Badass. The last few matches of his have just been hot garbage as well, and anyone with half a brain should have recognized that they needed to cover for how broken he is now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bob Backlund's probably killed people. Or at least left them for dead out in the frozen wastes.

Undertaker's 90 manson family gimmick thing was cool before Russo or whoever decided to do the whole Corporate Ministry thing.

RIP Kanyon

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Undertaker made Viscera drink his blood

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bigass Moth posted:

I would absolutely pay :10bux::10bux: to get the autograph of someone who entertained me a lot through my childhood and also look him dead in the eye and say "communism will win"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I would absolutely pay :10bux::10bux: to get the autograph of someone who entertained me a lot through my childhood and also look him dead in the eye and say "communism will win"

"Communism will win", I say, as I hand off two 10-dollar bills to an actor for a signed piece of paper.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What is the Undertaker's last name

Kane is Kane Bearer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Someone told me as a kid that Undertaker’s name was Walter Taker and I held that belief until I was at least 14, maybe 15

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Walter is his name now

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i feel dumb for asking this but this will be on PPV right

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cain The Undertaker is the whole name

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's probably at least $100 if not more.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the only thing I'd pay the undertaker for is a story about me and him and motorcycles and I'll leave the rest up to him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Kanyon was absolutely a top 3 guy for me back in high school and how WWE treated him after they bought WCW was just absolutely the worst.

It is remarkable to me how the “Cutter Out of Nowhere” schtick has followed that move to varying degrees from DDP to Kanyon to Randy.

Kanyon should have stayed in his Mortis attire I would have loved that. Just have this one guy in skeleton armor in the midst of all these other guys.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd never buy an autograph. one time i was at a Chikara show and during the intermission Ophidian was walking around and chatting people up and he came up to me and he was like "enjoying the ssssssssshow?" and i told him i was and that i was disappointed he wasn't wrestling on the card. and then he asked me to buy one of his shirts and i felt really bad for him because his shirts were all white and really ugly and i guess he knew that so he dropped his snake accent and offered me a free autographed picture. so i bought a really crappy Ophidian shirt because i didn't have the guts to tell him his shirts were terrible to his face. so the only autograph i own is Ophidian's. Ophidian later ran out during another match, which explained why he was at the show walking around even though he wasn't on the card. thank you for reading my story.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my autograph story is unrelated to prograps but here it is: my fiancee at the time bought me a subway poster of the bride from kill bill and was at a con where carradine was appearing. she asked him to personalize it for me and he said 'oh, it's not going on ebay? screw the $20, then' and he wrote 'this is one bad rear end bitch' and drew a yin yang and signed it and it was rad but then he embarassed himself the way he died

:tipshat:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MassRafTer posted:

It's probably at least $100 if not more.

Not sure if this is legit but the observer were throwing around 150 dollars for a photo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

boar guy posted:

my autograph story is unrelated to prograps but here it is: my fiancee at the time bought me a subway poster of the bride from kill bill and was at a con where carradine was appearing. she asked him to personalize it for me and he said 'oh, it's not going on ebay? screw the $20, then' and he wrote 'this is one bad rear end bitch' and drew a yin yang and signed it and it was rad but then he embarassed himself the way he died

He died the way we all want to.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

boar guy posted:

I once got an autograph from George Lowe (voice of Space Ghost) and I told him my favorite episode was the one with Randy Savage. He goes "Who? Oh, you mean Granddad!" :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't doubt Taker's charging $150 for a pic/autograph, but jesus. I got one with Tanahashi for £20. (If I'd brought more cash I should've gotten one with YTR as well)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its $15 for whites and $5 for cops. Everyone else is $150 and have to have proof of citizenship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

is pepsi ok posted:

I once got an autograph from George Lowe (voice of Space Ghost) and I told him my favorite episode was the one with Randy Savage. He goes "Who? Oh, you mean Granddad!" :3:

He did the best autograph sessions. I got a signed pic of Space Ghost at DragonCon back in the early 2000s. Every signed photo came with a “Snak Tip”, mine was “mmmmmmm dryer lint squares”.

I’m pretty sure I lost the signed photo in one of my many moves over the years, but he was a super nice guy. Only time I’ve ever stood in line for an autograph that I can remember.