Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Puppy Doll posted:

Oh, absolutely. It's really awesome to see a company so willingly and openly have LGBT talent. Even if they're not main eventing, at least they're getting paid and, in the case of Nyla and Sonny, gaining more recognition.

Yeah this is honestly one of the biggest, if the biggest, reasons I'm following AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sonny Kiss is loving awesome and I've been waiting for him to get his big breakout moment, which will hopefully happen here.

I'll cop to not knowing anything about Nyla Rose before, but from what I saw at the rally she has a good look and and carries herself like an intimidating badass, which is a good start. I'm trying not to have too high expectations for a largely unknown wrestler just because she's trans, but if her ceiling is "Nia Jax but actually good" then I'll be cool with that. And I hope she ends up being even better than we thought!

Basically these are cool and good signings that show AEW is looking more outside the box than we expected, and has their finger on the pulse of current trends. Open LGBTQ acceptance is a massive step forward in this business, which we all know has, uh ... historical issues with that.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
One time I bought a ticket to FCW and they had a pre-show autograph line with the women talent' which included Naomi, AJ Lee, Summer Rae, etc. And Sheamus as a special guest. I didn't have anything for them to sign accept for these pictures I had taken that day at work of me standing in famous horror movie posters.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1096541066080116736

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I'll cop to not knowing anything about Nyla Rose before, but from what I saw at the rally she has a good look and and carries herself like an intimidating badass, which is a good start. I'm trying not to have too high expectations for a largely unknown wrestler just because she's trans, but if her ceiling is "Nia Jax but actually good" then I'll be cool with that. And I hope she ends up being even better than we thought.

She's good from what I've seen of her in Marvelous. There's a pretty good match on YouTube with Takumi Iroha you could probably find. I actually had no idea she was trans until she showed up in AEW though.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

She's good from what I've seen of her in Marvelous. There's a pretty good match on YouTube with Takumi Iroha you could probably find. I actually had no idea she was trans until she showed up in AEW though.

heres the Iroha match, and a bonus tag match they both had on what looks like the same tour

she's a good Chyna style lady hoss, i'm excited to see more matches from her

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Man, Wreddit is full of Stockholm syndrome WWE fans and I need to stop reading it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bigass Moth posted:

Remember when he squashed Cena and the it was pretty much forgotten about?

I actually kind of loved this. Cena talked poo poo about Undertaker for weeks and then Undertaker showed up and slapped him around. I thought it was cool.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

The check cleared

edit: Something to keep in mind - no Superbowl has sold out as quickly as Double or Nothing. Therefore,

edit2: Nevermind I don't need to joke because Dave is already one https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1096824431446347776

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 16, 2019

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Actually, Dave is great

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This thread is a Pro-Dave Zone, dork

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

This forum is a Pro-Dave Zone, dork

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

NienNunb posted:

:yeah:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dave is an old sperg who sticks up for shitheads and holds grudges when joshi workers don’t indulge his yellow fever

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dave is an old sperg who sticks up for shitheads and holds grudges when joshi workers don’t indulge his yellow fever

and you know what, so am i. and so are all of my shithead friends here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Hell yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Selling out your second show in a few minutes with no TV is impressive but people gotta dunk on it cause it's not WWE or something. And on WOR Dave has been open on saying this doesn't mean long term success, this is just impressive.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This thread is a Pro-Zork zone, Dave

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

VJeff posted:

Hell yeah

:hmmyes:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

Man, Wreddit is full of Stockholm syndrome WWE fans and I need to stop reading it

Please don't just say something like that, find the funny ones and post them in the stupid fan thread. If you are going to be reading reddit anyway.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

karmicknight posted:

Please don't just say something like that, find the funny ones and post them in the stupid fan thread. If you are going to be reading reddit anyway.

Nothing specific, people are just extremely negative about AEW over there and I cannot imagine being a wrestling fan and not being excited for either AEW itself or what AEW will do for WWE. Unless I broke my brain from watching WWE for the past 20 years.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cody's asking the big questions on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1096892718599540736

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish people would stop Talking about stockholm syndrome or being a bootlicker just because AEW is a frightening concept keeping me awake at night

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

I actually kind of loved this. Cena talked poo poo about Undertaker for weeks and then Undertaker showed up and slapped him around. I thought it was cool.

Same! I can absolutely understand people being pissed at the end result of all that "build" being Undertaker just showing up and casually kicking Cena's rear end, but I thought it was fantastic.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And on WOR Dave has been open on saying this doesn't mean long term success, this is just impressive.

Yep, I also like how he notes that based on what he knows about wrestling, fans, tickets etc, he never saw this instant sellout coming and it doesn't make any sense based on prior experience, but obviously SOMETHING is being done right and just because he doesn't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

do it cowards

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Same! I can absolutely understand people being pissed at the end result of all that "build" being Undertaker just showing up and casually kicking Cena's rear end, but I thought it was fantastic.

I really wanted Undertaker to just never show up, and that was the payoff to Cena/Undertaker. It would have been the perfect ending to the Undertaker at WrestleMania story.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

another big conflict between AEW and New Japan, who's gonna get him first
https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1085748568042795008

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Pandamonium in AEW!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

another big conflict between AEW and New Japan, who's gonna get him first
https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1085748568042795008

He's already said his dream is to main event Wrestlemania so he could end up taking a lowball offer from Big Vince

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dias posted:

"Communism will win", I say, as I hand off two 10-dollar bills to an actor for a signed piece of paper.

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
Which wrestler is gonna cut the first promo telling us we live in a society?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Puppy Doll posted:

This promo will be cut by AJ styles vs Daniel Bryan

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wezlar posted:

This promo will be cut by AJ styles vs Daniel Bryan

I'm pretty sure it already was

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Puppy Doll posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe3RlzgTiQ

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Puppy Doll posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New BTE has appearances from The Yeti and Scott Steiner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sAsP_uHtyg

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Now that Kenny is in the US I hope it means more videos of him goofing around with the Young Bucks again. I missed that.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

MJF is a loving monster, calling Pharaoh an idiot. Hope at Double or Nothing Pharao bites his balls off.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I feel like the MJF push is something I will not get on board with, it's like trying too hard to hit all the cliches and I get that's the point but it aint my jazz, especially when someone who naturally generates heat by being deeply offensive in a way you can't describe exists on the roster in Sammy Guevara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They need heels and don’t have any since all the elite guys will never be booed.