Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
We need commisars dressed in dick-armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Mr. Squishy posted:

That would be loving amazing

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm fine with that as well. If the girls are in boob armor so it's "obvious" what their gender is, then guys should be topless and in bulging banana hammocks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm fine with that as well. If the girls are in boob armor so it's "obvious" what their gender is, then guys should be topless and in bulging banana hammocks.

Both are male power fantasies.

But then, the whole of 40k is male power fantasies, so nothing changes.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
From now on every male 40k should be dressed like David Bowie in Labyrinth, complete with enormous cod piece.

This would both fit in with the John Blanche renaissance GW are currently exploring and help to differentiate the male and female figures from 3 feet away.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

And boob plate. That would cause heads to loving explode.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

The Chapman brothers make some cool poo poo. It's even Wilder that they had to make that twice because the first one burned. It was displayed at a local museum last year and well worth a visit.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Frobbe posted:

The Chapman brothers make some cool poo poo. It's even Wilder that they had to make that twice because the first one burned. It was displayed at a local museum last year and well worth a visit.

I found out about this poo poo right after wandering out of the Love and Desire exhibition at the local art museum, which was all very high brow painterly stuff. It was a hell of a whiplash.

God willing, one day I'll create a work of art with as many dead nazis.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Ah yes, the now banned (due to copyright infringement) Cursed Earth Judge Dredd progs. Classics.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Frobbe posted:

Any way of finding out where it's displayed at the moment?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Grey Hunter posted:

Ah yes, the now banned (due to copyright infringement) Cursed Earth Judge Dredd progs. Classics.

Were banned - they were republished a few years ago.

Also, it's well worth seeing that Chapman Brothers exhibit if you can. It's like Where's Wally, except with Hitler.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr. Squishy posted:

CIPHALLUS CAIN, HERO OF THE LIMPERIUM!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Art Gallery of South Australia has a Chapman brothers, saw it myself last year. They did have two, but one must have been on loan, because I can't find it in the website collection. It was the first big acquisition by the new head of the gallery in 2010, he managed to turn the gallery around and was on the cusp of getting us a brand new huge contemporary gallery when he got a job at the national gallery in a fancy new building where the old hospital is being demolished, shortly after which the state government changed and the new one poo poo on the plans for no other reason than it was something devised during the previous government. Instead the old buildings are now an "innovation centre" for venture capitalists to innovate in.

Das swings unt roundabouts fur der kinder? Ja? Nein! Schweinhund! (Swings and roundabouts for the children? Yes? No! Pigface!)

e: the other one was another of the nine parts of 'loving hell'

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 26, 2019

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mr. Squishy posted:

Isn't that just a cod piece? Or we talking something more extreme.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Zil posted:

Codpiece and dickpauldrons, at the very minimum.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Zil posted:

This, but with a plasma pistol

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I may be thinking too much about this but I'm really confused about the point this diorama is trying to make. Zombies and McDonalds are both usually symbols and/or allegories of consumerism, depicted here as opposing each other? :confused: And I don't understand why the nazis are opposing McDonalds, since historically far right and capitalist interests align more often than not.

It is a cool diorama though.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

Any way of finding out where it's displayed at the moment?

I know it's currently in the national museum in Canberra because I was just there, I don't know how to track it beyond that though.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I may be thinking too much about this but I'm really confused about the point this diorama is trying to make. Zombies and McDonalds are both usually symbols and/or allegories of consumerism, depicted here as opposing each other? :confused: And I don't understand why the nazis are opposing McDonalds, since historically far right and capitalist interests align more often than not.

It is a cool diorama though.

The nazis are not opposing McDonalds - looking at it in person it was clear that Ronald was voluntarily climbing up to the crucifixes and was A-OK with the whole thing. The nazis were, in the one I saw, climbing up a giant human centipede meat troth to go down a slippery dip into an enormous stack of bloody corpses. The overall vibe I get is that the nazis are in hell and McDonald is the devil torturing them.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Welcome to McDark Souls

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
Found this very mistreated and badly painted dreadnought in a box in my basement, I was around 13 when I painted this. Destined for a simple green bath.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Nah keep that dude, unless you've got plenty of examples of your childhood efforts. Get another dread and paint that up for comparison.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Love that blood Angel's blue!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Any good tips for getting one of those old metal flag poles straight? Them and spear/lances are one of the worst parts of working with old models.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Someone tried stripping plastic with acetone.

What a work of art. chaos spawn.
I still have a chaos warrior I tried to strip with acetone.

It's a blob that spilled out from holes in the paint. The actual paint survived unscathed and now forms a hollow shell in the shape of a chaos warrior.

There's a metaphor somewhere in there. Also, don't huff warpstone, kids.

Zil posted:

Tom of Finland commissars?

Science Rocket posted:

This, but with a plasma pistol
gets hot

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Atlas Hugged posted:

Any good tips for getting one of those old metal flag poles straight? Them and spear/lances are one of the worst parts of working with old models.

The only way to make something like that really straight is rolling them. Or replacing them with a more durable rod and pinning that to the mini.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

hot date tonight! posted:

Found this very mistreated and badly painted dreadnought in a box in my basement, I was around 13 when I painted this. Destined for a simple green bath.

This'll be a sweet side by side shot

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Spotted in a batrep.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Vermintide posted:

Spotted in a batrep.

lol this owns

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

woop woop woop

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Zark the Damned posted:

woop woop woop

The show always referred to him as a horrible disgusting monster, but I don't think the animation style was very good at conveying it. This, on the other hand...

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

I like both this sculpt and the paint job looks great. Hobby needs way more minis like this and less wank material. :colbert:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Wooden clothespin.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Vermintide posted:

Spotted in a batrep.

What are we looking for?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

LashLightning posted:

What are we looking for?

Dungeon keeper themed army

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

LashLightning posted:

What are we looking for?

The dead bugs maybe?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Are they made out of peanut shells?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're made out of dead bugs.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaos-Spac...pbtQnU&LH_All=1

AWESOME CONVERSION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
It looks like it's halfway to being the centre of an explosion diorama after a penetrating strike.