Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/_triqu/status/1102617827863916556

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I love how all these people concern trolling about antisemitism admit they think the bankers are Jewish lmao.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my puppy caught wind that i was talking about her and decided to teach me a lesson by attempting to pull a keet and poo poo her guts out of her body

unfortunately for her i am able and willing to pay for unreasonable first world medical treatment for my dog and now she has to be content with aggressively napping

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also i just had to attend a meeting in an office tower where everyone had fitted suits and knew each other from years back and i just felt like a total schlemiel. on the other hand it is refreshing to know that no level of public or private management has any idea what they're doing

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

also i just had to attend a meeting in an office tower where everyone had fitted suits

So not in America?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randler posted:

So not in America?

Now now Americans fit suits. They just have terrible tailors.

(See Bill Clinton)

e: Actually his suits seem to fit now that he's not acting president anymore. Go figure.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

So not in America?

i'm sorry that america doesn't have the same tradition of rigid discipline and strength of will present in german fashion

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Actually his suits seem to fit now that he's not acting president anymore. Go figure.

I kinda assume that every president gets advised to dress like the man on the streets expects a president to look instead of what would be considered best-practise from a sartorial point of view.

And for Trump I remember reading a detailed analysis, that his outfits are actually perfectly tailored to make his body look less hideous.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randler posted:

And for Trump I remember reading a detailed analysis, that his outfits are actually perfectly tailored to make his body look less hideous.

That just proves there's only so much a tailor can do.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does anyone remember that one time obama wore a tan suit and it was somehow a significant portion of the news cycle for a couple of days?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Jerry Cotton posted:

if you ever see trump in golf or especially tennis wear you realize that his tailor is actually a miracle worker

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I won't repost that picture of Trump's rear end in tight short shorts. But only because I know everybody has seen it and now won't forget it for about an hour or so. :)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Randler posted:

I won't repost that picture of Trump's rear end in tight short shorts. But only because I know everybody has seen it and now won't forget it for about an hour or so. :)

post that poo poo, I dunno what you're talking about

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my puppy caught wind that i was talking about her and decided to teach me a lesson by attempting to pull a keet and poo poo her guts out of her body

unfortunately for her i am able and willing to pay for unreasonable first world medical treatment for my dog and now she has to be content with aggressively napping
:stare: is she ok??

i never had a keet poo poo their guts out, it seems to be a quail trick

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
all birds are the same animal.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

avshalemon posted:

:stare: is she ok??

i never had a keet poo poo their guts out, it seems to be a quail trick

ah, hard to keep all of the various forms of bird death

the puppy is ok for the moment, but i'm kind of dreading the upcoming diagnosing of the root cause. hopefully it's just some passing infection, stress from my parents being gone, or reaction to something she ate. she's too old for surgery or really any form of aggressive treatment if the problem lies elsewhere

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cease to Hope posted:

post that poo poo, I dunno what you're talking about

Here you are.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
pissbaby got back

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
lol trudeau

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My girlfriend’s puppy keeps making GBS threads and then eating it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does she make out with it

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

keeps making GBS threads and then eating it

but enough about American politics

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

lol trudeau

Its a time honored tradition for Liberals to get a severe case of the scandals right before an election, though usually they wait until they are in their second majority government to do so.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

ah, hard to keep all of the various forms of bird death

the puppy is ok for the moment, but i'm kind of dreading the upcoming diagnosing of the root cause. hopefully it's just some passing infection, stress from my parents being gone, or reaction to something she ate. she's too old for surgery or really any form of aggressive treatment if the problem lies elsewhere
:( i hope she's just fretting

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

leonard

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I saw the 2020 Democratic Primary talk, is there a thread for any Republicans that might challenge Trump?

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

fyallm posted:

I saw the 2020 Democratic Primary talk, is there a thread for any Republicans that might challenge Trump?
this is the thread. i am that republican

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*in berke voice* and i am the republic

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

fyallm posted:

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fyallm posted:

Have you tried Stormfront?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fyallm posted:

Every time you want to check the news on who's going to run against Trump from the right just look out your window into the vast open sky and think "It doesn't matter"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

fyallm posted:

Same thread I guess? That one guy who already announced against Trump got mentioned there some.

It's not like there's so much to say about them that it needs its own thread.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*in berke voice* and i am the republic
rude man

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Cease to Hope posted:

Same thread I guess? That one guy who already announced against Trump got mentioned there some.

It's not like there's so much to say about them that it needs its own thread.

Why not? Is it just assumed that noone will be able to take the nomination from Trump?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
They guy has 85-90% approval from Republicans so even if Joad Cressbeckler showed up it's currently hard to see a path there.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

fyallm posted:

Why not? Is it just assumed that noone will be able to take the nomination from Trump?

pretty much have you checked in on them the party is ride or die trump rn

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

fyallm posted:

well, that, plus the fact that nobody who might even have a shot would blow their wad here anyway

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fyallm posted:

I don't think a sitting president has ever had that happen to them.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

1976 and 1980 came close

then there was the time henry wallace had the vp nomination stolen from him at the convention in 1944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Volkerball posted:

Really? Hummmm, i thought it had happened a couple times.. I guess it was a dumb question then... rip