Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Has there been any updates on Lady Di since she called in from the Navy ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

All they say is that her situation is the same and her son doesn't want her on the air.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't listen to any of these shows anymore but lurking the subreddit can be pretty entertaining

same

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Brother Joe has been the most entertaining part of the O&A universe for a solid couple of years now

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Also Same

torturemyballs posted:

Brother Joe has been the most entertaining part of the O&A universe for a solid couple of years now

In a good or bad way? I know the O&A subreddit hates him but they hate everyone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bad way he's embarrassing and also incredibly racist.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

kolby posted:

Also Same

In a good or bad way? I know the O&A subreddit hates him but they hate everyone.

He went on the people's court and made sure to bring up that he is not a pedophile for some reason.

https://youtu.be/RRh2_pfYJNo

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

He's also posted several videos of himself driving in the emergency lane (with his kids in the back seat) while making fun of the idiots stuck in traffic. He's proud of being a complete jackass.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man I tried listening to the 12 hours of patrice talking about movies clip and YIKES some of those clips didn't age well especially since it started with him talking about brokeback mountain and they were just all like shocked at the idea of just making a movie about a gay romance, like, at all

I know the poo poo about face/off and all was good but I guess I will have to skip around because all the poo poo at the beginning is just "what kinda human being wants to watch this movie!!!!!" without that many jokes other than that

I mean I get that "gay cowboy movie" is still kind of a funny concept but there really weren't many jokes that just went beyond like "gay movie lol" and so they're pretty uncomfortable now

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

from the subreddit

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/14/donald-trump-reelection-campaign-30m-first-quarter/

Where's wAldo?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Lmao of course

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

technically opie was the last of the bunch to entertain me since they were slamming him on that podcast that makes fun of bad podcasts

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Did Mick Foley get cancer?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

guys he's part black

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Jim’s “this is not happening now” appearance is on YouTube. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone on that show receive less laughter. Even the somewhat serious ones get more of a reaction. He did better towards the end but it was still mostly uncomfortable to watch. I can’t believe he promoted it on the show today.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

CrashCat posted:

technically opie was the last of the bunch to entertain me since they were slamming him on that podcast that makes fun of bad podcasts

"Who Are These Podcasts" still has a segment on him almost every week. Its getting sadder and sadder, seems like Carl Ruiz is starting to get sick of Opies poo poo.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

empty baggie posted:

Jim’s “this is not happening now” appearance is on YouTube. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone on that show receive less laughter. Even the somewhat serious ones get more of a reaction. He did better towards the end but it was still mostly uncomfortable to watch. I can’t believe he promoted it on the show today.

You weren't kidding, that was really bad. Jim sucks as a performer

and Sam looks like someone sprinkled pubes in curdled milk

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I like that Jim tries to make a drinking joke in a relatable way like he's a drinker.

Yeah a 30+ year sober man making "Like hey guysssss can you also relate to this when you're drinkin???" is great material.

Phony gently caress.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Is Opie actually still doing his podcast thing? I can’t imagine he gets more than low-double-digit listeners at this point

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm sure the opester would contend that he's putting up numbers

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JB50 posted:

"Who Are These Podcasts" still has a segment on him almost every week. Its getting sadder and sadder, seems like Carl Ruiz is starting to get sick of Opies poo poo.
yeah, that was the one, thanks. my phone is shitted up to the hilt with podcasts now that i don't have a favorite show anymore so i can barely remember any of their names

red19fire
May 26, 2010

T Bowl posted:

I like that Jim tries to make a drinking joke in a relatable way like he's a drinker.

Yeah a 30+ year sober man making "Like hey guysssss can you also relate to this when you're drinkin???" is great material.

Phony gently caress.

He stopped drinking when he was like 17 right? His rock bottom was like passing out at a post-football game kegger in a field.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

red19fire posted:

He stopped drinking when he was like 17 right? His rock bottom was like passing out at a post-football game kegger in a field.

I seem to remember even Ronnie B was scoffing pretty hard at Jim when he told his story during an AFRO show.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I never heard Jim tell his “alcoholism” story, did it basically amount to “I cried once when I was a teenager and it’s a shame that I will carry with me for the rest of my life”

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I can't listen to it right now but here's Doug Stanhope talking to Jim about AA. He makes fun of him if I recall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgUGITbYxA

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

kolby posted:

I can't listen to it right now but here's Doug Stanhope talking to Jim about AA. He makes fun of him if I recall:
I know Ronnie B still goes to AA all the time, I think you need to do something like that to really call yourself recovered

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 18, 2019

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He was basically a kid who drank too much one night at 18 and swore it off.

Through his acts and having to talk for a living it morphed into “alcohol addiction” over time. But realistically, he sounds ridiculous if you’ve ever really been through that poo poo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

He was basically a kid who drank too much one night at 18 and swore it off.

Through his acts and having to talk for a living it morphed into “alcohol addiction” over time. But realistically, he sounds ridiculous if you’ve ever really been through that poo poo.

If youve ever known a real alcoholic Jim just sounds like he took babys first drinks and couldnt handle it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i always assumed jim was some crazy alcoholic/drug addict young the way he talked about it. i guess stuff like monster rain played into it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jim got drunk when he was 17 and made crank phonecalls. Clearly a dark tortured artist

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You weren't kidding, that was really bad. Jim sucks as a performer

He’s used the bris bit before with better results, but it was typically just one or two jokes and done. Him stretching it out to be a full story just wasn’t interesting at all, especially for that show. For something called “this is not happening”, you would think Jim would have thousands of stories that would actually fit the premise of the show. Hell, even his most tame tranny story would have worked much better.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jim got drunk when he was 17 and made crank phonecalls. Clearly a dark tortured artist

He should have recorded them and released them like Florentine did.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It rules that Jimmy for all his bluster and anger and acts of being really damaged he's just a suburban white kid who's afraid of everything.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Another Bill posted:

I seem to remember even Ronnie B was scoffing pretty hard at Jim when he told his story during an AFRO show.

Ronnie's rock bottom was like railing cocaine and knife fighting a pimp in times square, Jim's was falling asleep at 11pm on a couch at a house party in high school.

V: :stare:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 19, 2019

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Ronnie had his loving appendix taken out without painkillers. He’s constantly shaking his head to himself every time Jim pulls his poo poo.

Or maybe not. I’m around a bunch of AA people, and they’re usually sympathetic to the most lame stories imaginable. But I’m not sure if any of them would feel that way about Jim, except that his “deviant behavior” might fit in with their thing.

It was Ron’s appendix, right? I just remember thinking going without anything for pain would be torture.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Yeah, it was Ron’s appendix. There was a special on Weird Medicine a bunch of years ago that was just Ron talking about his addictions where he told the story. It’s a great hour if anyone can find it.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
All these people and the one person I want to be there is Ron Bennington.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Gonzo McFee posted:

It rules that Jimmy for all his bluster and anger and acts of being really damaged he's just a suburban white kid who's afraid of everything.

Is he still terrified of the idea of going even remotely near europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The reddit is private now because one of the mods said to stop making fun of some guy that I have no clue of who he is and they bashed him, created a different sub, and now he's mad.

Those people are loving awful.