Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Some here know a lot of personal details about the wrestlers anyone sane would never need to know and they get really mad when you point that out

Sometimes you just read stuff here that sticks in your head for years. Like I know Alison Brie was in a band called Girls, and the two other members Cyrinna Fallo and Julianna Guill, had roles in Community as girl who was a friend of Britta's fake lesbian relationship, and the head cheerleader of the cheerleaders in the western episode. Useless information that I have never forgotten and I couldn't tell you what I ate five days ago.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

NienNunb posted:

The only people who don’t think Punk would be an astronomically big get for AEW are wet brained UFC stans who post on this forum. Outside of that bubble people still love and miss Punk.

If you want a shooter to keep everything in line you already have Omega

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Is it gonna be Dean Ambrose or CM Punk that walks out to the ring at the mall of America on the first episode of AEW Tuesday Nitro? Come on people I need some scoops.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Jon Moxley

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Burt Buckle posted:

AEW Tuesday Nitro

I love that they trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite. Keeping the flame alive :wcw:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
:aronrex:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Power Windows posted:

I love that they trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite. Keeping the flame alive :wcw:

They 100% wanted JR to be able to tell about "TND ON TNT!"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

NienNunb posted:

The only people who don’t think Punk would be an astronomically big get for AEW are wet brained UFC stans who post on this forum. Outside of that bubble people still love and miss Punk.
Absolutely. Personally, I have stopped caring about him, but WWE still gets CM Punk chants, so there is still a good part of the wrestling crowd that would very much care.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burt Buckle posted:

Is it gonna be Dean Ambrose or CM Punk that walks out to the ring at the mall of America on the first episode of AEW Tuesday Nitro? Come on people I need some scoops.

It's actually going to be real long con, Eddie Guerrero

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity posted:

It's actually going to be real long con, Andy Kaufman

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Punk's alright I guess, I'm kinda over him really.

He is by no means "always bad"–I loved his matches and I was real into him when he was white hot, but I guess he's been away so long that I'm indifferent to his potential return, and I think his MMA stint hurt his brand a little.

(No one will ever convince me he was amazing on the mic though...he was good at best.)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know if I'm "over " Punk wrestling or not. That phrase has always felt weird to me. Do I need to see him? No. Will it be fun and cool if he pops up somewhere fun and cool? Probably.

I don't think anybody necessarily needs him at this point, but if he wants to do it again and people want to pay him, why not? I just don't want AEW to become the same former WWE wrestler trap that WCW and TNA became.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

love the rehabilitation of a man still in the process of being sued for screwing over his 20+ year friend in dramatic public fashion

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Sometimes you just read stuff here that sticks in your head for years. Like I know Alison Brie was in band called Girls, and the two other members Cyrinna Fallo and Julianna Guill, had roles in Community as girl who was a friend of Britta's fake lesbian relationship, and the head cheerleader of the cheerleaders in the western episode. Useless information that I have never forgotten and I couldn't tell you what I ate five days ago.

This isn't the kind of stuff I'm talking about and you know it lol

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

brian posted:

love the rehabilitation of a man still in the process of being sued for screwing over his 20+ year friend in dramatic public fashion

CM Punk is canceled

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cancelled Man Punk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Punk was a murderer of Colt Cabana's bank account. And I don't know how to accept that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CM Punk was at his best as a promo in his Straight Edge Society run against Hardy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This isn't the kind of stuff I'm talking about and you know it lol

You know what fair enough man. Woke up and I wasn't thinking like that but you're probably right.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not too fussed about Punk returning to wrestling but I would still mark the hell out if I heard Cult of Personality again and you know you all would too

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I would because Living Colour is great not because of Phil Brooks Punk

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I wasn't watching when CM Punk was a thing and when I've watched his stuff I've never thought oh wow. But so much about wrestling is the moment of the time and years surrounding it so watching highlights is a thing that works for some wrestlers more than others.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Imagine cheering for a moneygrubbing rear end in a top hat who sent his best and longest friend an email like this after promising to pay while getting millions from the UFC to get humiliated in the octagon

Moneygrubbing asswipe and poo poo human being CM Punk posted:

To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding bill is at least 300K. Half of all this is yours. Divide the 513,736 by 2 that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now, I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half and half will be yours. If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Geez he spent a lot of money on a frivolous lawsuit. I feel bad for Phil Brooks the man and CM Punk the wrestler

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

To me CM Punk is just a less handsome Adam Cole.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That didn't look a thing like CM Punk so I don't know why there's even discussion.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
his legs were way too thick to be Punk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IWTV.live is teasing that they'll be airing the SUP show at 2 CT/3 ET today which will have a match with that Brickster guy Cody had a bit with from the last BTE if anyone wanted to see what he's all about.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I personally blame CM Punk for the suit that WWE forced.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

CM Punk was a very cool and good wrestler. I can maybe understand the person who said I wasn't a fan when he was big, but if you were like, watching wrestling in 2012-2013 and not a fan of Punk I've got no idea what you want out of professional wrestling.

The line on what happened with Colt (WWE threatened to sue if he didn't take down the podcast, Punk said leave it up I'll pay your legal bills, and then when he left it up and got sued, Punk didn't pay all the legal bills) certainly sounds pretty poo poo of him as a person and a friend. I'd be interested to hear Punk's side of the story on it, but at this point it seems like he did very badly by his friend. It's not among the crimes that would make me not pop for him if he appeared in AEW, though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1119511390652207104

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hahahahaha how are the LA Guns still touring????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This reminded me their list of members history Wiki page is legitimately longer than every wrestler's on the AEW roster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_L.A._Guns_members

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Chris James 2 posted:

This reminded me their list of members history Wiki page is legitimately longer than every wrestler's on the AEW roster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_L.A._Guns_members

That list is longer than the WWE roster too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he will too

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Anders posted:

That list is longer than the WWE roster too.

Green Jello went through more band members in six weeks than WWE has had wrestlers in 50 years.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
There are two versions of the LA Guns now?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please. It's a "brand split."

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Hellblazer187 posted:

The line on what happened with Colt (WWE threatened to sue if he didn't take down the podcast, Punk said leave it up I'll pay your legal bills, and then when he left it up and got sued, Punk didn't pay all the legal bills) certainly sounds pretty poo poo of him as a person and a friend. I'd be interested to hear Punk's side of the story on it, but at this point it seems like he did very badly by his friend. It's not among the crimes that would make me not pop for him if he appeared in AEW, though.
For whatever it's worth, in court records, Punk is now saying that a legitimate conflict came up requiring that his lawyers no longer represent Cabana. There's been no explanation of what caused him to send the email a year earlier from either side, and Punk hasn't said what the conflict was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm just really happy that Punk literally did exactly what he was gonna say he would. He said he'd wrestle somewhere in a mask and nobody would know it was him and that's exactly what happened.

Until somebody leaked that it was him. :v: