Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The 3Teeth video of them rocking out on the pile of garbage is pretty good but you know they're basically another Powerman 5000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wulfband plus a guitarist is incredibly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4mHY6Cd-Hk

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

EBM with a saxophone is a thing I didn't know I needed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Gloria Mundi debuted the goth saxophone in 1978, and its power was so great that it had to be hidden away.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

When I saw Wulfband at Infest, there seemed to be some kind of technical problems so for the first half of the set, the guitarist just stood there doing nothing and occasionally messing around with an amp, except with hindsight it was Wulfband maybe he was just meant to stand there being menacing and only play anything in the second half. They're just great.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I'm pretty skeptical of those electronic drums on the right actually being hooked up to anything, but that's alright. It's the effort that counts.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

thotsky posted:

I'm pretty skeptical of those electronic drums on the right actually being hooked up to anything, but that's alright. It's the effort that counts.

Got drumming lessons from Kaptain K

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Nitzer Ebb is coming to my town on Wednesday but I can't decide if I want to go. Apparently 2 of the band members couldn't get visas and won't be at the show. Anyone know if it's worth going?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Set list looks pretty fierce …

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nitzer-ebb/2019/societe-des-arts-technologiques-sat-montreal-qc-canada-1b90ddc8.html

Not sure how the lack of extra percussionist would affect it. Is it just Doug and Bon?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
When I've seen them before, the members who weren't Douglas/Bon were basically just there for aesthetics/extra drumming over the backing track.

I doubt it'll make much of a difference to the live experience - has very much been the Doug & Bon show for years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The stories Daniel Myer was posting of their set looked really fun, looking forward to this weekend.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I just don't want to spend 40 bux on a show that turns out to be industrial karaoke

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
For you few people that care, Hatari got trough the semi-final that happened yesterday and will go on to the final contest in Eurovision that takes place this Saturday.

This is their performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1HNhA-7OEU

I really like that they increased the overdrive/distortion on the voice for this performance, gives it a bit more oumph

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

SacrificialGoat posted:

I just don't want to spend 40 bux on a show that turns out to be industrial karaoke

Nitzer Ebb has always been that to an extent so it's not as bad as it soundd. Sequenced bass line & drum machine and then live vocals and extra live drums are basically their whole thing. They're really engaging live even with just Douglas and Bon. They have really strong stage presence

Douglas is a drunken sleaze though who tried unsuccessfully to pressure Sara from Youth Code into sex however so judge accordingly.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

To anyone that has caught the Nitzer Ebb show on this tour, what was the merch table like?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Like when a band's music is made with sequencers I'm not sure what you're looking for. Some kind of elaborate and expensive stage production?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pope Guilty posted:

Like when a band's music is made with sequencers I'm not sure what you're looking for. Some kind of elaborate and expensive stage production?

Fireworks?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Stilts, body horror, and lots of make up?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Yeah, NE are one of the bands in the scene where a deliberately stripped down minimal stage show really works. Video backdrop, fancy sets or gimmicks just aren't a part of their thing. It's like Dive that way I guess - it's all about the person on stage being all up in your face.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

hatelull posted:

To anyone that has caught the Nitzer Ebb show on this tour, what was the merch table like?

Pretty anemic. Three shirts and that's it.

These are the shirts:
https://store.lethalamounts.com/collections/nitzer-ebb

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 17, 2019

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The show was pretty good, I definitely recommend going.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SacrificialGoat posted:

The show was pretty good, I definitely recommend going.

How long was it? I can't imagine it being a long show even with the Liebknecht set but we're trying to double dip on the show and then a restaurant reservation that isn't open super late.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

How long was it? I can't imagine it being a long show even with the Liebknecht set but we're trying to double dip on the show and then a restaurant reservation that isn't open super late.

The opener was listed as starting at 8 but didn't go on until 9ish. He played for 40 minutes and Nitzer Ebb was on by 10. I wanna say the set was around an hour and a half and we were out before midnight.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
I saw them last week and had a lot of fun. I'm not super well-versed on Nitzer Ebb or Liebknecht but enjoyed both of their sets. Lots of people dancing about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SacrificialGoat posted:

The opener was listed as starting at 8 but didn't go on until 9ish. He played for 40 minutes and Nitzer Ebb was on by 10. I wanna say the set was around an hour and a half and we were out before midnight.

Thanks, about what I figured!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.metacritic.com/music/rammstein/rammstein

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So pumped for new Rammstein!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Puppe is the stand-out on the new Rammstein, IMO.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Zieg Dich, Puppe, and Tattoo are very good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've liked Deutschland and Radio. I'll be getting it later today!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nitzer Ebb put on a great show. Went with a friend I've been to half a dozen shows with and plenty of club nights but I had never see her actually dance at one until last night. I take it as further evidence the show was awesome.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Jehde posted:

Zieg Dich, Puppe, and Tattoo are very good.

I'm a big fan of Auslander myself

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

CornHolio posted:

It's been a while since I've heard a Rammstein tune that makes me wanna shake my booty like this one.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

From the Eurovision thread:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Armor-Piercing posted:

From the Eurovision thread:

Yeah I really like Hatari's new song. :)

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
I've got a new album coming out next month and I wanted to share this killer remix that I got from Adoration Destroyed.

https://iiomusic.bandcamp.com/track/theres-nothing-adoration-destroyed-remix

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Konstruct posted:

I've got a new album coming out next month and I wanted to share this killer remix that I got from Adoration Destroyed.

Sounds really nice! :D

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Konstruct posted:

I like it! I saw them a couple months ago, great show. I spent like five minutes talking about cats with their keyboard player after the show.

Anyone going to Cold Waves? I've never been to either CW or Chicago, so I'm excited to go in September. Unfortunately the Boston Massive Attack show that was rescheduled from March is happening that same weekend, but I sold my ticket for that and decided to go to CW instead.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm heading there for all four days from Toronto. Stupidly excited for PWEI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

CornHolio posted:

Auslander is like a bizarro metal Avicii tune, its almost got a similar vibe to Moskau too. It's tied with Radio for the tune I've bumped most in the car off the album ao far.