Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

New Lion King poster out.

The milkshake is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

The milkshake is perfect

How else will it get the boys to the yard?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

You just said the marketing was bad and you didn't go see the movie. You fell for the bad marketing

bwooommmmmmmm

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

At some point I'm fully expecting them to just start making sequels to the live action remakes.

Aladdin is absolutely setup for some kind of sequel.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BonoMan posted:

Aladdin is absolutely setup for some kind of sequel.

Maybe they bring in Mozenrath or that time Sultan became a ruthless warlord.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rirse posted:

They could just adapt Return of Jafar.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

I misread that as Moctezuma for a second and now I want a crossover between Aladdin and the rise of the Aztecs. I don't care that they're temporally and geographically separate, just have it be a genie wish gone wrong.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

morestuff posted:

MFW people judge a movie off promotional materials

I’m surprised it’s not T-posing from the lack of expression

lion_rig.anim failed to load

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don Gato posted:

I misread that as Moctezuma for a second and now I want a crossover between Aladdin and the rise of the Aztecs. I don't care that they're temporally and geographically separate, just have it be a genie wish gone wrong.

A feathered serpent was one of the antagonists in the cartoon. He's the enemy of Iago's girlfriend, a weather-controlling bird from the jungle.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Gripweed posted:

They could just adapt Return of Jafar.

Return of Jafar is the best Aladdin movie, because it is the only one where Dan Castallaneta does the voice of the Genie. Behold his musical number, which has no less than 5 different Simpsons character voices in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJm22lHT35A

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

MikeJF posted:

I mean to be fair whatever the issues with the Lion King they aren't even in the same league as Sonic.

Cool, also:

People who really really like Sonic, they're weird in a funny way.

People who really really like The Lion King in the same way, they be scary.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Sleeveless posted:

Well they're not wrong. We're like a week removed from people on this very subforum posting elaborate conspiracy theories about Disney bribing critics to say the Aladdin movie was better than expected just because they thought based on movie posters and like two YouTube clips they knew better than the people who had actually seen the movie...and then when the movie came out all the people here who saw it said it was better than they expected and that those clips and posters didn't really represent the movie well.

It wasn't so much an elaborate conspiracy theory as 'criticizing one terribly written review and pointing out that disney has in fact blacklisted people for criticizing them' but sure. Also the film has dogshit for critical ratings and mediocre audience ratings and pretty much no one said anything unreservedly positive in this thread so you're just kinda talking poo poo?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Catfishenfuego posted:

It wasn't so much an elaborate conspiracy theory as 'criticizing one terribly written review and pointing out that disney has in fact blacklisted people for criticizing them' but sure. Also the film has dogshit for critical ratings and mediocre audience ratings and pretty much no one said anything unreservedly positive in this thread so you're just kinda talking poo poo?

It should also be said that like better than expected doesn’t mean good.

It’s a weird hill to die on.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/stranger_things/status/1135912841356013569?s=21

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

this is gonna suck poo poo and that makes me sad. like basically every show that doesnt rhyme with “the fire” it had so much potential in the first season then immediately plunged into cringey fanservice masturbation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why is it going to suck

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm still gonna watch it, you're still gonna watch it :shrug:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1136351641563738112

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 5, 2019

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

this is gonna suck poo poo and that makes me sad. like basically every show that doesnt rhyme with “the fire” it had so much potential in the first season then immediately plunged into cringey fanservice masturbation

I too am still upset Stranger Things didn't become a horror anthology series.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

OK, I like that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That costume is completely ridiculous, which is how I prefer my superheroes to dress. The rest of the poster is pretty rad, too, but I have to wonder how much it reflects the aesthetic or tone of the film itself beyond "80s".

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

That’s the best Wonder Woman costume I’ve ever seen, I hope the movie actually looks like this

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I like it because it doesn't look like generic "80's" bullshit.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If not for the fact that they stuck '84 in the title, I would have assumed absolutely none of those colors appear in the film, Suicide Squad poster-style.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I like it because it doesn't look like generic "80's" bullshit.

Don’t worry, she’ll have some wraparound shades and some leg warmers in the actual movie

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I really like the poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

Don’t worry, she’ll have some wraparound shades and some leg warmers in the actual movie

I trust Patty Jenkins. After all, Monster is an 80's period piece.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Costume looks kinda New Gods-y. I dig.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Whoever is in charge of the DC movies decided that they should turn away from Nolan/Snyder and instead emulate Flash Gordon and I salute them for it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I trust Patty Jenkins. After all, Monster is an 80's period piece.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what Patty Jenkins will do, especially now that Wonder Woman was a success in its own right and it doesn't necessarily have to follow an MCU style.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I'm excited to see what Patty Jenkins will do, especially now that Wonder Woman was a success in its own right and it doesn't necessarily have to follow an MCU style.

Wonder Woman is improving on the MCU style by skipping Thor 2, you gotta give them credit for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I'm still gonna watch it, you're still gonna watch it :shrug:

I don't even have Netflix for the stuff I want to watch on there

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Wonder Woman is improving on the MCU style by skipping Thor 2, you gotta give them credit for that

Patty Jenkins had to skip Thor 2 as well.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

Patty Jenkins had to skip Thor 2 as well.

Lol.

This is just ripping off Kirby, like almost all superhero comics that got big in the 60's and 70's.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

This is just ripping off Kirby, like almost all superhero comics that got big in the 60's and 70's.

Is it really a rip-off if it's referencing the art from its own source material? I'm pretty sure this one's in good faith.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Y'all are reading a little much from two posters having a similar palette.

Not to mention that while I can't guess how closely new Wonder Woman film will resemble it's poster, Thor: Ragnarok largely did not.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Schwarzwald posted:

Not to mention that while I can't guess how closely new Wonder Woman film will resemble it's poster, Thor: Ragnarok largely did not.

Yeah I spent the whole of Thor: Ragnarok waiting for the part where all the characters would dramatically pose together inside a bunch of circles, but it never happened, loving ripoff

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

kiimo posted:

Why is it going to suck

Because season 2 was not good.

But I'll still watch it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Ragnarok poster really doesn't reference Kirby except for Blanchet's costume design.