Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
That was certainly an inning for the Angels' defense.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lol cub

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
BIG BEAR

HE DON'T TAKE NO GUFF

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

watching the twinkies game makes me wonder what happened to Gendo

He had a breakdown after Sash! started sleeping with his girlfriend and sent nudes of her to her boss to try and get her fired.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Albert dinger!

How often does a visiting player get a standing ovation and curtain call for hitting a dinger?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Pujols dinger!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
man albert's swing hasn't changed at all

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmfao adam frazier just went first to third on a sac bunt

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wow the jays pulled law fast

also lol position pitcher for the cubs

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really dig Cleveland’s red unis

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Shockingly, Jordan Hicks' elbow may have just exploded.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pancakes posted:

Shockingly, Jordan Hicks' elbow may have just exploded.

gently caress. Hope he’s alright

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pics or it didn’t happen

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

GalacticAcid posted:

gently caress. Hope he’s alright

It actually looked like a lat injury, just judging by his reaction. Hopefully he's okay but I still feel like Jordan Hicks' arm is a ticking time bomb in general.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
jose osuna has three pinch hit jacks in nine PA's

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Puig licked his bat, a lot, after a foul tip. It was really weird and I hope there is a video later

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So are the Marlins on a hot streak lately or is the slump the Phillies are in just that bad

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I'm on a plane silently laughing at the Phillies.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Really would like to beat the Nats today to keep some distance between, they’re a real threat if they actually get going.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
great relief red sox

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Starling Marte owns

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Aw poo poo we got the Fox broadcast

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Aw poo poo we got the Fox broadcast

:negative:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Folty is such a basket case

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao Folty is a lost fuckin cause

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

jesus christ, just shut him down and bring him back in february, maybe he can go on some sort of self-realization quest or something in the meantime

ugh, you did not want to wake up the Nationals and that's exactly what's loving happening if they sweep this series

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beginning to think our new pitching coach is actually quite bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
What is with these Fox announcers saying the most obvious loving baseball 101 poo poo?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Beginning to think our new pitching coach is actually quite bad.

I think Folty's injury in spring training was worse than he let on and he tried to hide it, and it threw him off in some fundamental way.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Folty is past the point where i feel bad for him and now i just hope he keeps failing so he can get off the team

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Oh hey yet another inning where the Astros strand 2. Is this how Cubsposters feel every day?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

oh poo poo what's happening with Robles

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Folty is past the point where i feel bad for him and now i just hope he keeps failing so he can get off the team

What the hell happened to him? He was a legit ace for you guys last year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
He's always had a problem with command and losing his poo poo when he had runners on base but now the second somebody gets on first he either has no idea where the ball is going or throws a meatball down main street. His velo is way down and his command is just gone

I think the most telling thing about Folty was when he started game one of the nlds last year and was shaking like a leaf

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kirios posted:

What the hell happened to him? He was a legit ace for you guys last year.

He has some of the nastiest stuff in the league but was always a headcase, and last year it seemed like he had that licked, was really composed, etc. Came into spring training this time, had some sort of mysterious injury that threw off spring training, and was terrible pretty much every time out including in his rehab starts. Team brought him up anyway—looked like a huge mistake then, looks like a huge mistake now. He needs some time to figure out stuff, because he's not doing anybody any good on the field.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jeez what is this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Please save me from listening to AJ Pierznyski...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

elentar posted:

I think Folty's injury in spring training was worse than he let on and he tried to hide it, and it threw him off in some fundamental way.

Folty is just one thing though. Newcomb and Gausman also fell apart, Touki looks worse, the 2 young pitchers at the start of the season were terrible, and now Fried and Soroka seem to be sliding a bit as adjustments are needed. Is there a single pitcher that has improved from last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
That Robles injury timeout was weird...sort of looked like he got hit with a migraine or something?