Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Kinda wanna see Jordan Hicks throwing a 100-mph knuckleball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Cards, you guys grow All-Star outfielders on trees. Whaddya got to offer for a Will Smith?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Pancakes posted:

Kinda wanna see Jordan Hicks throwing a 100-mph knuckleball

Put the catcher behind bullet proof glass

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Cards, you guys grow All-Star outfielders on trees. Whaddya got to offer for a Will Smith?

The last home grown all-star outfielder the Cardinals had was Allen Craig in 2013. Before that it was Albert Pujols in 2003. :flashfact:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Should I watch Mets @ Phillies tonight? I'm assuming a black hole will form over Broad and Patterson within the next four days.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lol ok then, somehow that’s cool

Are they going to address that a player attempted to assault a reporter?

I thought he threatened the reporter or did I miss something where he swung at him?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Popete posted:

Tyler Clippard

These are good, but I still think Brandon Nimmo is the right answer. :colbert:

Also, that Mets press conference is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I mean, Mickey Callaway was making jokes about it like this incident wasn't a huge deal.

edit:

zapplez posted:

I thought he threatened the reporter or did I miss something where he swung at him?

I got the impression that he lunged at him or something. He had to be held back by Gómez and Syndergaard.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
a couple mets guys I follow say Vargas kinda powerwalked towards the reporter and Thor and Gomez stood up to cool him down and keep the peace

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Accident Underwater posted:

Put the catcher everyone in the stadium behind bullet proof glass

ftfy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Seriously though when is the breaking point for Manfred and MLB to step in?

https://twitter.com/mattehalt/status/1143329206748831745?s=21

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Armitage posted:

What the poo poo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Managed to get Randy Johnson to sign that 20th anniversary team print I got months ago (and got Brenly & Luis Gonzalez to sign, too).

Happy day.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nice! That’s cool.

Remember the Luis Gonzalez chewed gum saga? That poo poo was so funny to me at the time and I still think about it every time he pops up.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

iospace posted:

What the poo poo

If it wasn’t for deGrom, Conforto, Alonso and McNeil I would just stop bothering at this point.

Manfred should just get off his rear end and investigate.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GalacticAcid posted:

Nice! That’s cool.

Remember the Luis Gonzalez chewed gum saga? That poo poo was so funny to me at the time and I still think about it every time he pops up.

I had never heard about it until recently; in hindsight, I should've had him chew some gum for me and then sold it at an outrageous profit margin.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Armitage posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Armitage posted:

No wonder Calloway is trying to get fired.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGjR33MqmNw

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1143363997657436162?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ya don't say

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A sense of calm has overtaken me...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

The new market inefficiency is an entire team of knuckleballers.

That would unironically own.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Relevant to today's N/V discussions:

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1143336209659379713

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

The new market inefficiency is an entire team of knuckleballers.

You mean the "wobbly ball?"

https://twitter.com/FSKansasCity/status/1142870303875321856

"And he had a pitch that he called his "Be Ball. You know why he called it his Be Ball? Why? Because it be's where I want it to be when I want it to be there."

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Lmao i've never seen somebody so butthurt right after hitting a homerun. What a bitch.

I mean sure pimp your homerun or whatever but trying to start poo poo with the opposing team because you didnt get a borderline call low and the catcher laughed at you is some real "im not mad" poo poo

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 25, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lmao i've never seen somebody so butthurt right after hitting a homerun. What a bitch.

I mean sure pimp your homerun or whatever but trying to start poo poo with the opposing team because you didnt get a borderline call low and the catcher laughed at you is some real "im not mad" poo poo

CUBSPOST INCOMING

But there was more context. John Lester didn't get the same call 1/2 a inning before. Flowers was just be jackass when Contreras was politely pointing out the missed call and appealing to the Umps fair nature. :smugbert:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

One title in literal hundreds of years and cubs posters still think everybody on their team is super cool and cute.

Except for addison, he owns

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Now that the Astros have chilled out Brian McCann someone had to fill the role of grumpy jackass Braves catcher.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Again we're just gonna ignore that his own teammates were trying to calm Contreras down? There's such a thing as a proportional response. Flip your bat, slow trot around the bases, don't be trying to start poo poo with everybody on the field

E: i don't think its gonna amount to anything and i legitimately enjoy seeing Teheran get shelled because it puts him closer to being off my baseball team but I don't think anybody looked good in that whole kerfuffle.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 25, 2019

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Now that the Astros have chilled out Brian McCann someone had to fill the role of grumpy jackass Braves catcher.

Flowers also filled the role of grumpy jackass White Sox catcher after Pierzynski left.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Before someone posts that Frenchy reportedly said today that he wished he had punched Contreras, let me reply in advance

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Again we're just gonna ignore that his own teammates were trying to calm Contreras down? There's such a thing as a proportional response. Flip your bat, slow trot around the bases, don't be trying to start poo poo with everybody on the field

E: i don't think its gonna amount to anything and i legitimately enjoy seeing Teheran get shelled because it puts him closer to being off my baseball team but I don't think anybody looked good in that whole kerfuffle.

Good thing he was calmed down by his teammates. He had two more runs to bat in.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

To the surprise of literally no one after that poo poo show last night

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

am i going to hate the cubs and all of their fans before this series is over

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
If you don't hate the Cubs and all of their fans already, I don't know what to tell you.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
The fans were going nuts and booing Flowers for every PA until the end last night. It cracked me up.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ChiTownEddie posted:

The fans were going nuts and booing Flowers for every PA until the end last night. It cracked me up.

Him striking out to end the game was a nice way to finish.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

One title in literal hundreds of years and cubs posters still think everybody on their team is super cool and cute.

If there’s one position on the field that knows to never question the umpire on balls and strikes it’s definitely......the catcher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

sudo rm -rf posted:

am i going to hate the cubs and all of their fans before this series is over

It only took me 3 innings to realize how stupid it was to take Hotlanta Man off my ignore list for the series.