Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

I haven't looked into this at all, but:

https://twitter.com/joe_sheehan/status/1159482256911736833

sounds like they're building some bullshit next to it? idk

Inspector_666 posted:

They're building a new field for the game that's going to be more "normal" in dimensions and have 8,000 seats.

Booooooo, that is incredibly lame.

Play it at the hodunk corn field with no seats or fences or don't do it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

They couldn't even get a Little League complex built on the Field of Dreams land because of litigation with neighboring farms. I would not be surprised to see this all fizzle out, and never happen. There's currently parking for like 40 cars so the logistics of hosting 8k people in that spot might be hilariously Fyre Fest-ish if nothing else. At least RAGBRAI has already set good precedence for large groups of people making GBS threads in random corn fields.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They should play at that field but have no spectators. Just a tv broadcast of a bunch of beefy lads crushing homeruns 100 feet into a cornfield.

I want to see Aaron Judge go into a corn field trying to catch a fly ball and never be seen or heard from again

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
invite a bunch of disabled vets and sick kids to go for free and just bus them out there to watch the game

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Popete posted:

I want to see Aaron Judge go into a corn field trying to catch a fly ball and never be seen or heard from again

I would also enjoy this :unsmigghh:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bewbies posted:

invite a bunch of disabled vets and sick kids to go for free and just bus them out there to watch the game

Zack Hample would find a way to sneak in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if they can somehow figure out a way to build an open looking corn field with seating then it could be cool. But yeah, if its just some stadium in Iowa then its a flop. I want to see Aaron Judge launch HRs into a corn field.

Excuse me, I mean Mike Tauchman.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

They should play at that field but have no spectators. Just a tv broadcast of a bunch of beefy lads crushing homeruns 100 feet into a cornfield.

They did a no crowd game in Baltimore and it was spooky.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

STAC Goat posted:

I want to see Aaron Judge launch HRs into a corn field.

"They're going to replay review to see if the ball clearly went over the first row of corn."

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"They're going to replay review to see if the ball clearly went over the first row of corn."

"Corn clearly interfered with the catch, it's being uprooted by stadium guards."

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Popete posted:

"Corn clearly interfered with the catch, it's being uprooted by stadium guards."

Corn Shucked From Game

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They did a no crowd game in Baltimore and it was spooky.

The best was when one of the players flipped a ball into empty stands.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

You get a free sno-cone if you return the foul balls to the concession stand

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Inspector_666 posted:

The O's TV dude seems good and his call of Higgy's homer is good but he then mispronounced his name as something like "Hiroshima" and oh boy.

Then again he could be John Sterling

https://twitter.com/JSterlingCalls/status/1159256709463977984

Here's more of this week's calls for your enjoyment
https://deadspin.com/john-sterling-must-be-stopped-1837059635

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Zack Hample would find a way to sneak in.

I could swear that scarecrow just moved...bah gawd, it's Zack Hample! :bahgawd:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate John Sterling but I've reached a point where I'm like "he's an old man who will die soon and all the man wants in his life is to make him really terrible home run puns and I guess he could be doing worse things."

Like John Sterling's probably spent the last few days frantically trying to figure out a terrible HR call for Breyvic Valera and he has no idea if he'll ever even be able to share it. That's kind of tragic when you think about it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Marcade posted:

I could swear that scarecrow just moved...bah gawd, it's Zack Hample! :bahgawd:

Aw, son of a bitch

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

New Concept Hole posted:

Corn Shucked From Game

You should be an even mix of proud and ashamed.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

habeasdorkus posted:

You should be an even mix of proud and ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6m3q058HZ8

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I hate John Sterling but I've reached a point where I'm like "he's an old man who will die soon and all the man wants in his life is to make him really terrible home run puns and I guess he could be doing worse things."

Like John Sterling's probably spent the last few days frantically trying to figure out a terrible HR call for Breyvic Valera and he has no idea if he'll ever even be able to share it. That's kind of tragic when you think about it.

Breyvic Valera, hit another one, I dare ya

hmu with that collab YES

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Don't talk ugly about my Baseball Grandpa's Highly Erotic Home Run Call.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Did you listen to the SI Media Podcast interview with him and Waldman? I came out of it actually feeling bad for both of them...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have not.

I don't ACTUALLY hate John Sterling. Like I know nothing about the man except that he seems to have an ego. I just don't like listening to him call baseball games. I've always thought I'd like Waldman more if she had a better partner. I vaguely remember enjoying her fine waaaaaaaaaay back when she did some WPIX games.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
My ticket guy with the White Sox says that seats for the game in Iowa will likely be through a third party rather than either of the teams.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently baseball players will outlive us all. Sir Didi, as usual, has the best quote:

The Times posted:

“I don’t do anything special about exercise or diet,” he said. “I just hang out.”

STAC Goat posted:

I have not.

I don't ACTUALLY hate John Sterling. Like I know nothing about the man except that he seems to have an ego. I just don't like listening to him call baseball games. I've always thought I'd like Waldman more if she had a better partner. I vaguely remember enjoying her fine waaaaaaaaaay back when she did some WPIX games.

Her razzing Ryan Ruocco when he was filling in for Sterling was fantastic.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Confirmed, I play middle infield/centerfield and am 102 years old.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Confirmed, I play middle infield/centerfield and am 102 years old.

I've met Popete and I can confirm he is a very spry old man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/swearsayer/status/1151430868927488001

Of course...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I would absolutely pre-order this.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:five:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NY Baphomets would be cool as gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What was that baseball MMO from forever ago, did they ever make that thing work?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LF 1 catcher, Dark Home Run Sculpture: [Wonderboy] on reserve

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 8, 2019

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

zoux posted:

NY Baphomets would be cool as gently caress

NY Devils

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’d support the Braves changing their name to the Atlanta Crackers. Not just cuz it’s a funny word for white people, but because the Atlanta Crackers were an actual minor league team that predated the Braves move to Atlanta.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_bg37/status/1157479630854656001?s=19

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I figured he would be hanging out at the Trop.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Marcade posted:

I figured he would be hanging out at the Trop.

nice

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How cool would it be if loving Bo Bichette has a better career than Vladdy Jr. Also he is so handsome it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

zapplez posted:

How cool would it be if loving Bo Bichette has a better career than Vladdy Jr. Also he is so handsome it hurts.

https://twitter.com/niklynam/status/1159630081951752192?s=21