Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jesus WEP posted:

I refuse to believe anyone has a dream match that involves Randy Orton. No. Just no.

yo i just imagined okada reversing an rko into a rainmaker and started hooting so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
gently caress off with this poo poo, i'm being serious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Scott Steiner and Triple H are confirmed given that steiner got into WWE without testing by telling them to test Triple H and him together or not at all. road warrior animal admitted it, as did sting and the ultimate warrior. there's no definitive list, but every serious wrestler and most enhancement talent in WWF before 1993 were on it, and there's no reason not to believe the same for everywhere else. i suspect you want a good source for a good reason but as for you, frick the hell off yourself, Coaaabauro, my damned brother

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cavauro posted:

Scott Steiner and Triple H are confirmed given that steiner got into WWE without testing by telling them to test Triple H and him together or not at all. road warrior animal admitted it, as did sting and the ultimate warrior. there's no definitive list, but every serious wrestler and most enhancement talent in WWF before 1993 were on it, and there's no reason not to believe the same for everywhere else. i suspect you want a good source for a good reason but as for you, frick the hell off yourself, Coaaabauro, my damned brother
Yes I would like a list of pro wrestlers who have either 1) tested positive for a banned substance (not recreational drugs) or 2) admitted at least once that they took something in an interview or biography. No I don't want the wrestlers who 1) never said a word about their use even though their back looked like a cobblestone road and 2) snitched on other wrestlers doing that stuff, especially if they didn't admit it themselves. My reasons aren't really good at all, I just wanted to know if there was a wrestling fan anal enough to compile a list of this information, and if not, a "no" would have been fine. But "hurr hurr every wrestler ever was roiding" is just a useless, unhelpful comment when I wanted a real answer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that makes sense. I got your back 100% on this bubby

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I haven't read it in years but Bret Hart admits using steroids in his biography. I know this isn't what your after but he also tells all about Dynamite, Davey and I think Anvil.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well a majority of wrestlers probably did steroids, most wouldn’t really admit to it, so I guess your best bet is to find a list of all WWE wellness violations and start there.

I don’t know what you’re expecting from us here, the answer is “almost everyone” until somewhere around this last decade

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I DEMAND ITEMIZED LISTS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just saying, I can't believe anybody was on the gas unless they signed a notarized statement

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a simple no. That's all that was requested.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I doubt Bob Backlund was, for you can only get his physique by being a middle aged white guy whose drug of choice is tomato juice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

I doubt Bob Backlund was, for you can only get his physique by being a middle aged white guy whose drug of choice is tomato juice

I bet Bob's conditioning was insane, like Flair's.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DeathChicken posted:

poo poo, I'll take the steroids.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cavauro posted:

a simple no. That's all that was requested.

So a complicated no was inappropriate?

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Randaconda posted:

I bet Bob's conditioning was insane, like Flair's.

Flair was pretty jacked back in the 70's. I have no idea what Backlund looked like in his prime though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It wasn't even a joke. It's blatantly obvious that almost all wrestlers were taking steroids.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It would be silly to think that everyone in the WWE isn't pressured to take steroids. There are many sources for this, of course, but Prescription Thugs provides some insight into how steroids and painkiller abuse are a way of life in the big leagues even for people who weren't doing it before.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It wasn't even a joke. It's blatantly obvious that almost all wrestlers were taking steroids.

Yes, but I can understand being curious about who all has fessed up and/or been caught doing so

Actually now I'm wondering about it myself, I would read the heck out of a wiki list w/ references saying who fessed up, denied, refused to comment, or got caught - yes I am a nerd

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

rujasu posted:

Yes, but I can understand being curious about who all has fessed up and/or been caught doing so

Actually now I'm wondering about it myself, I would read the heck out of a wiki list w/ references saying who fessed up, denied, refused to comment, or got caught - yes I am a nerd
See, this is why I wanted a better answer: the joke response cuts off any further inquiry, eveyone laughs and moves on (which can be fine!). But then the one other wrestling nerd who may have had pertinent information doesn't want to speak up anymore because the consensus is that it was stupid question in the first place.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
All wrestlers are on the juice except for Jinder "definitely clean piss" Mahal

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Kennedy famously denied doing roids on Colt's podcast, then got busted for them days/ weeks later.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

All the steroid hand wringing in the US is hilarious when you look at Mexico. Steroids are legal, you can get like four or five different kinds at your local pharmacy. Esfinge, a CMLL luchador is sponsored by a steroid company.

That being said steroids have some nasty side effects even if used under proper medical supervision

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 21, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's fair to assume that most professional athletes are on some form of gas, and that includes professional wrestlers. Some are just dumb enough to get caught. It's why the last Olympics threads were hilarious, by the way.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rujasu posted:

Flair was pretty jacked back in the 70's. I have no idea what Backlund looked like in his prime though.

A ginger toddler with a man’s body, so similar to how he’s always looked

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't Backlund turn out to be a chud? I feel like I stopped finding him amusing at some point for a good reason.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I turned on a Raw when I was home from college around 2007 after not watching WWE for several years. I saw the freaky torsos of Batista and Chris Masters and thought holy crap these roids are out of control.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't Backlund turn out to be a chud? I feel like I stopped finding him amusing at some point for a good reason.

He’s a republican who ran for some sort of office before and he supposedly applies that same insane energy to everything outside of wrestling so at the very least he’s probably not someone you’d want to discuss politics with

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lots of people jealous of the vascularity of the Maharajah it seems...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Probably the grossest thing would be Jinder Mahal against EC3 in a thumbtacks match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE missed the boat on a Dr Pimple Popper crossover there.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Someone find the pic of EC3's popped cystic bacne

Found it!

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 21, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Probably the grossest thing would be Jinder Mahal against EC3 in a thumbtacks match.

like a Garbage Pail Kids card come to life

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pinche Rudo posted:

All the steroid hand wringing in the US is hilarious when you look at Mexico. Steroids are legal, you can get like four or five different kinds at your local pharmacy. Esfinge, a CMLL luchador is sponsored by a steroid company.

That being said steroids have some nasty side effects even if used under proper medical supervision
Thank you, that's actually something I did not know about before now and would definitely make me modify the underlying premise of my original question. Are there other nations that treat PED use like this and would that make America's handwringing the outlier?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's prevalent in Japan, as well. There's a lot of jokes(?) about Dragon Gate basically running their own steroid ring out of their gym.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

It's prevalent in Japan, as well. There's a lot of jokes(?) about Dragon Gate basically running their own steroid ring out of their gym.

I think it's legal in Japan but requires a prescription. Maybe they have a contracted "ringside physician" who hands out scripts at the gym. I don't think the authorities really care as long as you're not participating in actual sports or competitions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pinche Rudo posted:

I think it's legal in Japan but requires a prescription. Maybe they have a contracted "ringside physician" who hands out scripts at the gym. I don't think the authorities really care as long as you're not participating in actual sports or competitions.

have you ever followed pride

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

have you ever followed pride

They said actual competition.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is Evolve any good? I’m going Saturday for my birthday pretty much just for Matt Riddle. I heard their champion is going to NXT, so maybe I’ll get to see him drop the title.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

They said actual competition.

Yeah I was talking more about Olympic sports or international competitions. Does Rizin drug test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is Evolve any good? I’m going Saturday for my birthday pretty much just for Matt Riddle. I heard their champion is going to NXT, so maybe I’ll get to see him drop the title.

Yeah, sure. People are kinda down on it here because it's managed to give itself the optics of NXT's NXT over the past year, but if you're going to see a Matt Riddle match then Matt Riddle is almost guaranteed to give you a goodass match, he loves Evolve.