Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why is this day not over yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jeez merk, you're a lot like the antagonists of pulpy 1950s action movies.

Always Russin.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oof

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dick Bastardly posted:

for some weird reason I thought you and steak had some strange back and forth about being on the same team *wink *wink* but that was actually between 50 and steak

speaking of which... re-reading steak and 50's interactions now and I think it possible 50 might be scum. I know it's super super unlikely that 50 and are both scum and so it's quite a conundrum for me, but I think there might be something there.
I need to read more scum interactions before I can point to some specific examples of suss weirdness.
I agree I don't like that interaction between 50 and steak.

I liked 50s posting yesterday when he was up to be killed but I'm still ~residually suspicious~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
AA's antics are reading more town to me this game day.

I still think there must have been scum on my shelf N1 and 50 is the most likely candidate.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

merk posted:

I don’t bus scum buddies.

oh my god you absolutely do though merk

this was discussed in scumchat in avengers mafia, that you'd bus someone and use the fact that you've made your meta "you don't bus scumbuds"

I don't think you're scum but you absolutely do bus as scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

I still think there must have been scum on my shelf N1 and 50 is the most likely candidate.

Would your opinion change if GGN flips scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote no cuddle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can't wait for some flipz so we can see what roles redneck wasted

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The verdant carpet has taken root and has powered up to the next phase.

Amdist the chaos the game store stands in the center of it all, a vortex of growth.

Things that seem permanent may not be.

Redneck Nazgul - Lode runner: The interactive video board game of Star Nights and Arabian Wars -town aligned was thrown in the trash on day 5!

Lode runner: The interactive video board game of Star Nights and Arabian Wars - While technically not a video game, it is an interactive board game that uses a video tape so I guess it's still a "video" game. It is a game in which players move around the board digging underground to find treasure avoiding storm troopers and genies and skeletal palace guards.(Star Wars: The Interactive Video Board Game, Lode Runner, Arabian Nights)

You are town aligned and win when all enemies of town are soundly defeated.

Dig - you dig a pit for another player to fall into, the first action to target you at night is roleblocked

Lightsaber - You may choose to activate your lightsaber at night, this will reflect the first action to target you at night back upon the user

Flying Carpet - You can use this ability at night to hide, you will not reside on any shelf.

Your Home Shelf is Shelf 4, Your Color is Blue

This isn't the only casualty of the day!

GGN - Superman 64 : Planescape of Doom Torment -Scum aligned was trown in the trash on day 5!

Superman 64 : Planescape of Doom Torment - The classic game that everyone hates about Superman waking up in a Mortuary with no memory of who he is and having to fight through hordes of demons with a multitude of different guns. Noted for its terrible gameplay, clunky graphics, and awful controls. (Superman 64, Doom, Planescape Torment)

X-Ray vision - You scan someone and learn one of their abilities, their game name, and their alignment

The Nameless One - The first time you are killed or Executed in the game it will be automatically, randomly redirected to another player (Note: This will not work if you are executed by a no majority with the Ultra Violence ability)

Ultra-Violence - During the day you may type ##Murder <playername> in the thread and each player may then vote yes or no over the course of the rest of the day. If the day ends with more yes votes than no votes the named player is killed in addition to the day's execution, if there is more no's than yesses YOU will be executed alongside the days execution.

Your Home Shelf is Shelf 1, Your Color is Silver

:siren: GGN thinks Planescape Torment is a bad game, everyone please shame GGN :siren:

A glitch plagues the store.

Don't forget, Taillow is in effect with Focus Energy!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
b]Votecount for Day 5[/b]

Lynch No One! (6): merk, merk, merk, 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, King Burgundy
Hal Incandenza (1): Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (0): merk, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Dick Bastardly, merk, merk, Dick Bastardly
merk (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza
50 pounds of bread (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (4): Dick Bastardly, Mikujin, SolusLunes, yuming

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2019 at 7 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 18 hours, 38 minutes.

Don't forget to give me your shelf number tonight!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Join shelves by 3pm 9/7 Eastern

Actions by 11PM on that same day.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The night leaves another poor game sacrificed to n̷̨̗̏̋̌̆̓͝e̴̹̘̙̍͒́ĝ̴̛͕̰̈́̽a̶̛̼̘͓͌̅̓-̶̨̗͗̄̈́͒̚͝m̸̝̉͛i̷͈͙̿̈y̴̘̤̒́ȃ̸̧͇̭͉͍̱͊́m̸̜͑̓͐͒͝o̴̻̙͊t̷̢̖͈̣͌͛̾̊͂̿͝ͅõ̴͉̰̲̭͓̗̌̍̓̌͝ͅ *buzzing noises - glitchy sounds*

King Burgundy - Bayou Billy 64: The Crystal Shards of Kirby ET- Town aligned was sacrificed n̷̨̗̏̋̌̆̓͝e̴̹̘̙̍͒́ĝ̴̛͕̰̈́̽a̶̛̼̘͓͌̅̓-̶̨̗͗̄̈́͒̚͝m̸̝̉͛i̷͈͙̿̈y̴̘̤̒́ȃ̸̧͇̭͉͍̱͊́m̸̜͑̓͐͒͝o̴̻̙͊t̷̢̖͈̣͌͛̾̊͂̿͝ͅõ̴͉̰̲̭͓̗̌̍̓̌͝ͅ on night 5!

Bayou Billy 64: The Crystal Shards of Kirby ET - This classic Atari game is hated by many and is rumored to have sold so poorly that all remaining copies were dumped into a landfill. In this game Billy's girlfriend is kidnapped by Godfather Gordon and he must enlist the aid of a small alien being and a round pink orb. Together they fight through hordes of rednecks in the swamp collecting crystal shards and finally facing Gordon to free Annabelle Lane, phone home, and reform the sacred crystal.

You are town aligned and win when all enemies of town are soundly defeated.

Punching and Kicking things really hard - At night you may activate this ability to turn into a PGO for the evening.

Falling into holes - At night you may target a player, they are jailed as they constantly fall into holes over and over for the night.

Suck it up - At night you can target a player to suck them in and use one of their abilities as your own, when using this you must name a secondary target for your main target to use an ability on. (The ability chosen will depend on which action that person submitted, if any)

Your Home Shelf is Shelf 1, Your Color is Green

A huge rumbling sound can be heard as an egg with Blue and Red Dots all over it explodes forth into a huge volcano and is instantly cooled by frigid winds and snow.

Everyone alive in the game gets gets an obsidian token.

Anytime you successfully use an action on another player at night you will steal all of the obsidian tokens currently in their possession.

The player with the most tokens by the end of the game will gain a special honor.

Each player in the game now has the following action available.

Steal Tokens - You may target any other player with this at night and you will steal their tokens.

The overgrowth continues taking over the city and has now begun spreading out further into the suburbs and outlying neighborhoods.

Regrowth - Anytime any other player in the game dies, there is a small chance they will be regrown instead and live. This includes ANY kill in the game.

It is day 6!

The world is glitching badly and nothing makes sense anymore, chaos is the order of the day as outside of the store you can see riots and violence. But here in the s̶͖͉̋́̇̆͊̈̕ţ̶̠͎̼̾̌ơ̴̛͚̓͊̉͘͜r̸̲̫̘͖̳̼̈́̍́e̷͎̿ things aRe well c̴͍̼̥̬̙̮͖̑̔͋̈́͋͛o̷̼̍̕̕͘ṉ̷̰̂̿̀t̶̘̐̓͐͗ả̸̯̣͕̅̅̽i̸͕͔̫͍̦̓n̸̰̱̲͚͘͜e̸̞̒d̸͙̜̆.

Execution is Majority again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (10): 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, merk, Mikujin, SolusLunes, yuming

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 12th, 2019 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 4 hours.

Don't forget to give me your shelf number tonight!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
50 and GGN did gambit.

##vote 50

Also,

1. Steak put 50 on the bottom of his scum lists and his name fell off.

2. GGN put 50 on the bottom her scum list and his name fell off until scum team decided to do the murder gambit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cascoon appears!

Cascoon used Harden!

People might be tougher to kill tonight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Wait no what?

I pokeballed myself last night, anyone else want to try to pretend that isn't the case?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Alright, the game is down to a manageable size.

As a PSA, I fully intend to execute a scum before this day phase ends.

I'm going to do a deep read before I make my decision, but I ask that you cooperate and volunteer any information you might have to make my selection easier.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My switch flipping was turbocharged lol

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The egg is my other passive ability but I have no way of knowing what it does or how.

Also regrowth is funny.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I really think it's 50. I just finished rereading the thread.

GGN on 50

GenericGirlName posted:

I could go either way on the SiV read, but I'm also both biased (I love SiV) and paranoid (SiV was scum last game we were in! I was nearly TRICKED!!!) so who loving knows how badly I'm misreading her.

I will forever be willing to vote IS and I don't like the mouth feel of 50's posts during this game day. I'd rather not do the Murder command, and would rather cop tonight.

##vote IS I'm going to put the official vote on IS, but this isn't a done deal.
One mention and this read is gone for the game day, see below vv

GenericGirlName posted:

I don't think Solus is scum, but I don't want to go towards a no lunch. When the next day starts I'll initiate a murder on Byers and we can get Byers as well as someone else, assuming that makes sense once we get the flips.

##vote Solus :(

GenericGirlName posted:

IS/Hal/Byers, one of them has to be scum based on the end of D1. I think two or all of them would be a stretch though. As I've said before, I don't want to tunnel on that D1 hammer situation, but God is it hard not to, especially with so many night actions going on and town seeming so apathetic about how crazy D1 was (actually apathetic might be too strong a term).
Whoops, where did 50's name go? Oh yea, they're both scum.

Steak on 50

Mr. Steak posted:

u know what, im fine w this then byers then merk then 50

##vote solus
He added his name here and then totally dropped it, just like GGN did.

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, because i saw that ggn had used the murder ability on 50, and knowing they cant both be scum. i read ggn's posts about the ability and wow they were waffly. the best town move would've been to use it on me
T H E Y C A N ' T B O T H B E S C U M ! ! ! ! !

Yea, no they are.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

50 pounds of bread posted:

Wait no what?

I pokeballed myself last night, anyone else want to try to pretend that isn't the case?
50 says he can't be scum because of night actions in role madness game !!

Scum POV says: I'm not scum, haha.

Town POV says: I think the scum are _____. Hmm, who could be scum.

That was a good effort with the read on AA but AA is so earnest I agree with Miku's take atm.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Wait no what?

lol wut

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
In response to Keane calling out 50,

How?

Are you suggesting that I am distancing GGN from Steak because they are both scumbuddies?

GGN and I being scum together would be an absolutely insane gambit.
:ironicat:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Doesn't redneck have a town investigation on them?
"Town, are you sure you wanna kill that town guy?"

I think I'm just gonna do what merk wants for now.

##vote no lynch.

KB did you mention what your action was when you were pokeballed, because I would like to know what kind of action has a speed priority over an action with a role block component.

I targeted Toalpaz there, but you got hit, so I want to figure it out.
"I don't have an opinion on who we should kill besides the token case I made on AA so whatever's cool with me. ~night actions~"

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ttyl thread have a good evening :sun:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
im on board ##vote 50 pounds

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I am literally flattered.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KB said maybe he was gonna PGO in the masonry but I guess he didnt, bummer

50... That seems like such a bad play by GGN then but maybe she was backed into a corner?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yuming posted:

Who all else was there, again? I don't have the screenshots saved anymore. You and KB and Byers and Keane?

I'd be ok voting 50 today, but I'd bet he's a 3P rather than scum. GGN putting 50 up as her murder candidate seems absolutely crazy otherwise. If she was willing to put up another scum, why not just go with Steak who was practically a dead man walking at that point?

I'd rather go with DB or Hal.

##vote DB

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just got married. I’m not doing poo poo in the near future.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

merk posted:

:ghost: congrats! :ghost:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:ghost: congrats! :ghost:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

Congratulations merk :cheers:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I think I'm with yuming here.

##vote 50

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Oh no, my master plan of throwing a pokeball at a PGO, bussing my scumbuddy, and locking myself in a thunderdome with another scumbuddy the next day has been revealed!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote AA

Hasn’t made a persuasive case all game.
Hasn’t made a strong vote on scum all game.
Tried the “merk is so mean” discredit tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually, ##vote Bif. The only vote on scum that Bif made was on Steak, and I think the scum tactic that day might have been to bus Steak. Toal immediately votes Steak when they arrive to the thread.