Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Gulag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
gulag dolls please answer me honestly

are you the patriarchy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

absolutely

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance there aren't any scum, and this game is just an exercise in watching town kill each other in a grand metaphor for how sjws get overly concerned with purity testing one another and spend their energy ripping one another apart?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

spacing in vienna posted:

Any chance there aren't any scum, and this game is just an exercise in watching town kill each other in a grand metaphor for how sjws get overly concerned with purity testing one another and spend their energy ripping one another apart?
Hahaha is Gen that much of a troll? I’ve never played a game without scum before.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

scum bandwagon [scumclaim(intentional scumclaim{real})] go ##vote pera

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Hahaha is Gen that much of a troll? I’ve never played a game without scum before.

I haven't either. I'm just suddenly amused by the idea. Dunno how you'd actually finish the game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Okay, maybe I'm really reaching with this, but:

"Hahaha is Gen that much of a troll?" reads to me like "is Gen known for being that much a troll that you'd suspect that?" a question which I'd suspect from scum who knows it is not actually the case in the current game

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to find a better way to word why yuming's wording on that is so weird to me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Okay, maybe I'm really reaching with this, but:

"Hahaha is Gen that much of a troll?" reads to me like "is Gen known for being that much a troll that you'd suspect that?" a question which I'd suspect from scum who knows it is not actually the case in the current game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27KdRNuE95s

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
<:mad:> so vote me then. Geez, I’m just trying to talk to My Fellow Town instead of go to sleep when I feel lovely.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

thank you

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

15 minutes to go and only one viable vote candidate. either vote pera out or say no, i will not vote that person out, because i believe day 1 is stupid and i am going to solve the game with my night actions.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i will not vote gulag today, the only player in this game who brings me joy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

15 minutes to go and only one viable vote candidate. either vote pera out or say no, i will not vote that person out, because i believe day 1 is stupid and i am going to solve the game with my night actions.

oh word 15 min? I didn't even realize

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jesus, did just nobody look at the time or anything?

##vote pera

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do we have enough?

##vote pera

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
SIv your understanding of the pera case is all wrong

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wanna kill gulag more, ugh.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote pera
Did you look, Bif? :sun:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

SIv your understanding of the pera case is all wrong

Yeah I figured I was missing something. I switched to see if we can avoid NL but I'll probably ask someone to explain it better D2.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote pera

Trufax I lost track of about ten minutes reading celebrity blind items / gossip ...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote pera

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote pera

first of all, keeping track of pointless minutae like what time it is is your job and you are scum if you arent doing it. second of all, people had their clocks thrown off and thought we had more real 'game time' because they were making the same sjw jokes from 10 years ago for the last 72 hours

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

first of all, keeping track of pointless minutae like what time it is is your job and you are scum if you arent doing it. second of all, people had their clocks thrown off and thought we had more real 'game time' because they were making the same sjw jokes from 10 years ago for the last 72 hours

:haibrow:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

You plural or is bif the keeper of the clock?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote pera

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its bifs job

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sorry literally forgot about game watching GOT

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
day has ended, hold for flavor text and all results!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Final VotecountTweetcount for Day 1

peramene (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Natural 20, Jon Joe, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, spacing in vienna, yuming, Toalpaz
Natural 20 (2): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, A Sometimes Food, peramene
Bifauxnen (1): Natural 20, Natural 20, Dancer
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Anomalous Amalgam, GenericGirlName, Bifauxnen, Anomalous Amalgam, GenericGirlName, Bifauxnen
SolusLunes (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, yuming, yuming
spacing in vienna (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
GenericGirlName (0): Natural 20, GulagDolls, Natural 20, GulagDolls
SalTheBard (0): yuming, yuming
yuming (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Dancer (0): Jon Joe, Jon Joe
GulagDolls (0): spacing in vienna, yuming, spacing in vienna, yuming

Not Voting (3): GenericGirlName, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard!

(votefinder will for some reason just not let me post votals to the thread, so you only get EOD; sorry!)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Social Justice High Council (currently on shift are Social Justice Herbalist, Social Justice Farmer, and Social Justice Alchemist: the very high council, you see) looks on, impassive, as the day comes to an end. It seems that peramene has drawn the ire of many involved in the running, and through volume, sound, and lots of noise, has been #cancelled. She'll never make the group, not after this!

Was it the right decision? Well, as her application has been rejected, some papers fly out, showing her to be...

the Social Justice Assassin, a Third Party Serial Killer/Serial Canceller.

Role PM/Personnel File posted:

You are a dwarf.

You start at level 2.

At level 1, you *would* have the following power:

At night, you may force another player to post the next day from the perspective of a radical anti-tree dwarf supremacist.

Level 2: You may delayed-cancel (i.e. delayed-kill) them along with ruining their posting. This will mean they die not at the end of the night, but at the end of the next day.

Level 3: Your kill has no delay anymore.

Level 4: You unlock a new wincondition option: Bodystacker/Anarcho-Primitivist: end the game with 3 or fewer living players, regardless of who or what they are.

It seems the cancellation was absolutely correct: she really wasn't a good enough #ally! In fact, she would have made other people seem like they were fans of the logging industry! How awful.

- - - - - - -

Meanwhile, a majority of players who actually interacted with siv decided to join her protest, rather than a oppose it! I'm sure she's very grateful, and now feels like she's capable of making a real impact in your lives and, perhaps more importantly, in the life of our planet.

- - - - - - -

:siren: Night 1 begins now, it should end in ~24 hours or so, possibly earlier. Submit your actions to me in your confessionals, please! :siren:

Note that the general chat channel in the discord will open back up for all players to discuss things that aren't in the game, if so desired. It'll close again during the day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Submit actions

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

During the night, something horrible has happened, and to one of the greatest members of this applicant field:

yuming, the Social Justice Inquisitor, a member of the town, has had her life brutally cut short.

No, that isn't misspeaking, this was no cancellation: this was a murder!

As you all reflect on the tragic loss of such an outstanding contributor, words flow through your minds, with no apparent source:

Mind Words/Role PM posted:

You are a Wereboar.

You start at level 1.

At level 1, you have the following power: At night, investigate a player for later racial profiling, learning their (fantasy) race.

Level 2: You may instead alignment cop your target.

Level 3: If you know a player's race, at night, you may rolecop that player, in addition to your other action.

Level 4: You are a brutal cop, and through the power of feral hogs and your fellow porcine police, will kill any non-town that you visit.

Truly tragic. ...wait, she was a cop? Okay, maybe less tragic, you all think, since law enforcement was #cancelled about 5 minutes ago.

- - - - - - - -

This is not okay.

- the NAAOP.

- - - - - - - -

Day begins as soon as I get it to begin in votefinder, do not post until then, tyvm.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

VotecountTweetcount for Day 2

SolusLunes (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (13): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Dancer, GenericGirlName, GulagDolls, Jon Joe, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votestweets to cancel!

The current deadline is September 23rd, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour!

DAY 2 BEGINS NOW.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

😮😮😮

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oooooh my goooooooood

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pig assault

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Scum think they're slick killing someone with no cases built against them so we don't know goo would benefit from yumming's death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

serial killer is the worst flip ever.