Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I got the mouse I ordered a week ago.

It has this awfuly disco light that keeps changing colours and is super distracting and I can't figure out a way to turn it off.

Why the gently caress are gaming peripherals like this god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They still haven't sent out the codes for the actual Indivisible backers, hopefully the backers don't end up getting it later than people who just bought it on the store.

Expect to find a code within two days of the 8th

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did someone say CHROMA LIGHTING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr3fdcpag1I

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSD3vrR2HxI

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Spooky take: cod mobile is more satisfying than destiny 2

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is CoD Mobile just CoD on phones? Are you playing via touchscreen? Is it virtual so-pad?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh i guess there is at least ONE cheap way to play Atelier games although it's not ideal: PS Now has the PS3 versions of the Dusk trilogy and Rorona, so you can just sub for a month to play them. but it's streaming and not download, so you have the latency issue. although cowcaster has said the latency is okay, i guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah, virtual pad only, no controller support. it's okay, the hitboxes are incredibly generous and the two aiming modes are "autoshoot when reticle over enemy" and "hold down ads button to shoot and aim at same time"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

oh i guess there is at least ONE cheap way to play Atelier games although it's not ideal: PS Now has the PS3 versions of the Dusk trilogy and Rorona, so you can just sub for a month to play them. but it's streaming and not download, so you have the latency issue. although cowcaster has said the latency is okay, i guess

Double check that Rorona is Atelier Rorona Plus before touching the PS3 version

Ayesha is one of my favorite video games of all time though

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

homeless snail posted:

yeah, virtual pad only, no controller support. it's okay, the hitboxes are incredibly generous and the two aiming modes are "autoshoot when reticle over enemy" and "hold down ads button to shoot and aim at same time"

I'm using custom setup with gyro. Having a good time, though I'm starting to get into lobbies with aimbots. Imagine being so sad youre cheating in a phone game and still losing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Double check that Rorona is Atelier Rorona Plus before touching the PS3 version

Ayesha is one of my favorite video games of all time though
i already played through rorona plus on vita actually

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Sounds okay. Still not sure it’s my lane but I’m glad people are enjoying it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

Sounds okay. Still not sure it’s my lane but I’m glad people are enjoying it.

There's a whole mode dedicated to pve. So you can theoretically just shoot the poo poo with friends and zombie mode is on the way. In pvp, you don't even play real people until level 10, so it eases you in. There's also a br mode for those into that. The best part is it's got like 4 different control settings so you can really dial in what's comfortable for you. It's pretty much the most complete non shady shooter on mobile.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
That’s super cool. I guiltily feel very invested in seeing mobile succeed for no other reason than because I love playing stupid mobile games and chasing that perfect mobile experience.

I’ll be honest though, it’s the console CoD that is tempting me this year. I’m mostly focused on resisting that urge. There are too many upcoming potentially good games releasing for me to get wrapped up in an FPS. Especially when FIFA got its talons back into me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

bushisms.txt posted:

Spooky take: cod mobile is more satisfying than destiny 2

touch controls only so automatic sheeot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having played oceanhorn 2 on touch i actually think touch controls can work for dual stick but it requires extremely fine tuning. it needs a level of sensitivity so high that your thumb doesn't have to slide. if you can just press down and then tilt your thumb around to move, is what i'm saying. then it's at the very least like the old mouse nub that laptops used to have that were superior in every way to the touchpad that laptops have now which is garbage

but forget about haptics. because haptics are garbage rumble that don't imitate any kind of physical feeling and the most overhyped innovation ever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also Playstation Now has

BRINK

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:3:

This is from an Official Kirby Drama CD as well

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I just got an xbone and and gonna grab cod for the first time since mw2. Which incidentally the best part of codmobile, the maps are greatest hits, so crash, Nuketown and the like. My lizard brain had me rolling through the maps like the old days.

The 7th Guest posted:

also Playstation Now has

BRINK

Titanfall's dad deserves respect

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

touch controls only so automatic sheeot
it definitely is, but also its king of poo poo mountain

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm excited for Outer Worlds release a year from now.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

I'm excited for Outer Worlds release a year from now.

And Borderlands 3!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm excited for epic to buy exclusivity rights to that joke

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Code Vein update:

Smough has a gun

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm excited for Outer Worlds in a few weeks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

blizzards a bunch of spineless shits

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1181442535962632193

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1181446303760429056

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1181067309290524674

By the by, did Kingdom Hearts III ever actually get a release in China?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Unfortunately I still can not tell the two Outer games apart and have no choice but to buy neither

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm a Blizzard fanboy, but that's an out and out oval office act.

"'Public' disrepute at Blizzard's discretion" aka "We make too much money from the Chinese market to give a poo poo what the actual public thinks"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Every player should end the match with "gently caress China"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Unfortunately I still can not tell the two Outer games apart and have no choice but to buy neither

Get both

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

God gently caress china in regards to like 99% of the things they do, Taiwan and HK are both cool and deserve better.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If that little is all thats needed to get china mad, well thats gonna get added to the pile of 'stuff that triggers china' that has accumulated over the years.

Hearthstone tournaments are gonna be full of that stuff now in some form.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

edit: wrong thread.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 8, 2019

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

If that little is all that's needed to get china mad, well that's gonna get added to the pile of 'stuff that triggers china' that has accumulated over the years.

Hearthstone tournaments are gonna be full of that stuff now in some form.

I hope the chat's unreadable with "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!" from now on, instead of the usual lamer white noise spam.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Spooky month PSA:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

I hope the chat's unreadable with "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!" from now on, instead of the usual lamer white noise spam.

I fully expect people will bring in/smuggle in signs with the xi winnie the pooh meme and other slogans and terms banned in china on them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congrats to MTG: Arena on becoming China's new favourite CCG game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does anybody remember way back before literal slot machines in video games when on-disc dlc was controversial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

an NBA GM is probably going to get fired for tweeting in support of hong kong, China Rules Everything Around 'Merica