Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Disco Elysium a game that would work on console or am I doomed to forever hear how funny this game is without being able to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Wamdoodle posted:

do you think the "vagina bones" gamer ever found out about real vagina bones

He gets texts back from gamer girls and they all say:

https://youtu.be/hJF9eonZtTw?t=5

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Disco Elysium a game that would work on console or am I doomed to forever hear how funny this game is without being able to play it

It will come, eventually, hopefully, it was just built for the ground up for pc, so they have to rework how the ui and how you interact with the world. An eventual switch port with touch screen would be a decidedly definitive version.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Disco uses mouse for movement and UI right now so it'll take a bit of doing but nothing about the game is fundamentally PC only. Its a mix of point and click adventure and interactive fiction. They just need to build joystick movement relative to character (easy) and work on UI for console (harder)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It basically has the UI of an old school PC RPG, complete with click to move, but so did Diablo 3 and they brought that over eventually.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All classic Sword Coast cRPGs are being ported to consoles so at least there'll be an example, good or bad, to look at.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's not often you can say this, but obsidian dodged a bullet with DE being a PC only small indie. That game would've ate OWs lunch with actual marketing and budget.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'm happy it exploded as much as it did. i saw minimal interest in it before release.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

bushisms.txt posted:

It's not often you can say this, but obsidian dodged a bullet with DE being a PC only small indie. That game would've ate OWs lunch with actual marketing and budget.

Nah, despite it being good it's still a game with zero combat and that's just never going to appeal to some people.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think nearly every thread I'm reading right now has people showing up to disingenuously compare DE to stuff. Just kicking down the door to the thread like 'actually DE has far more humorous writing than Monster Hunter World : Iceborne', 'DE has much better character development than the blue L from Tetris 99". It is very weird.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wheres the lie

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The blue L is a one dimensional character that should've been dropped after the first script read

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I think nearly every thread I'm reading right now has people showing up to disingenuously compare DE to stuff. Just kicking down the door to the thread like 'actually DE has far more humorous writing than Monster Hunter World : Iceborne', 'DE has much better character development than the blue L from Tetris 99". It is very weird.

I have no idea what you're talking about it's a good game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

DE is ten times better than that Torment game we got a few years back

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

bentacos posted:

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring vagina bone

This is the best post.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Saint Freak posted:

It feels like it's becoming one of those games, which sucks because it's a cool game and people often enough get turned away from too much of that kinda stuff.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

would kirby order a burger with no tomato? i need to think about this...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's more that for the last few months many people have been waiting for a return to "good" crpgs with outer worlds coming to right the wrongs of the fallout franchise and then Disco Elysium came out of nowhere and surprised them. It's only been out like a week or so, expect the hype to get louder as more people notice it. It hasn't even been picked up by major twitch steamers yet.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bushisms.txt posted:

The blue L is a one dimensional character that should've been dropped after the first script read

Hey if anyone in Tetris is one-dimensional it’s the long one

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

It's more that for the last few months many people have been waiting for a return to "good" crpgs with outer worlds coming to right the wrongs of the fallout franchise and then Disco Elysium came out of nowhere and surprised them. It's only been out like a week or so, expect the hype to get louder as more people notice it. It hasn't even been picked up by major twitch steamers yet.

Do crpgs get streamed on twitch that much? I'm pretty sure that having a ton of unvoiced text gets in the way.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Hey if anyone in Tetris is one-dimensional it’s the long one

I'd say the long block is the most complex tetromino. How does one deal with such responsibility and expectations, and what happens when it comes at the wrong time? They're both a hero and a villain depending on the moment.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On what planet is Outer Worlds a CRPG

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how is it not? blank slate character, open world exploration, dialogue trees, built by obsidian?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

It's a computer/console role playing game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

an actual dog posted:

Do crpgs get streamed on twitch that much? I'm pretty sure that having a ton of unvoiced text gets in the way.

There are certain streamers who do long plays, like Cohh, who is doing a 100% OW run right now for 15k viewers. This doesn't even touch the rp crowd who will voice act their play through.

In Training posted:

You know what i mean, dialogue heavy bioware style game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you could also call it a wrpg the terms are basically interchangeable

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

Did you get it confused with Outer Wilds again

Edit: alternative comedy answer: the planet is Terra 2

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DE is also the quirky kind of game variety streamers like Moon², Sacriel and seagull get a kick out of. But ow kind of sucked the air out of the room for now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1SLE-kfxA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's a NRPG (normie rpg)

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

This weekend dont forget to drop blocks in tribute to our lord and savior gooigi.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1187790520786903040

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Halloween is Horny for Luigi Day.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Halluigeen

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Dia de los gooertos

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Outer Worlds and Disco Elysium are both great games. Not everything is a competition.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

actually everything is a competition, like deciding whether or not everything is a competition, which i just did, so i'm winning

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i remain the loser. success!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gently caress i'm losing at being a loser

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Don't worry everyone, Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards will decide which game is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Help Im Alive posted:

Don't worry everyone, Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards will decide which game is better

clean sweep by death stranding