Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saint Freak posted:

Is that for male and female?

https://twitter.com/AboveUp/status/1189222205814640640?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

For the glory of mankind.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All 2B/Eden gear is unisex afaik

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The mad genius...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Horny is prohibited

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
You want to ****, don't you?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

And yet no one has posted catboys in the yorha gear. Conspiracy????

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
My Gamer shame is despite really wanting to like it, I just couldn't get into Automatica at all. Double shameful as I'm a huge Platinum fan too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tiger Millionaire posted:

My Gamer shame is despite really wanting to like it, I just couldn't get into Automatica at all. Double shameful as I'm a huge Platinum fan too.

You should be ashamed

Deeply ashamed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't be ashamed about the videogames you don't like, be ashamed about the video games you do like

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Horny is prohibited

So much for the horniest gamer competition :smith:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Horny is prohibited

mods?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Post the boy buns you cowards

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like Automata but it was also a bit of a let down because despite being a better made game, I still liked the first Nier way more. I do wonder how much more I would have liked Automata if I hadn't played the original first. Though I guess it wasn't just Nier. In general, story wise, I think Automata is the weakest written of all the Taro Drakengard stuff (2 doesn't count because I don't think he worked on that). It's just the nature of the plot makes it harder to get attached to the characters and it doesn't get quite hosed up enough, like Drakengard 1 did, to make up for that.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Doom modders are loving crazy

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/life-spent-playing-doom-pays-off-for-gamer-sent-to-hell/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know if he still reads or posts but shoutout to zen death robot for buying me a full price copy of nier automata as a gift after i complained so hard in this thread that i wasn't sure if i'd like it or not that he felt obligated to do so in order to shut me up and now i will feel guilty forevermore because it turned out i didn't like it all that much

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I too think nier A is kinda mediocre

Great music and visuals though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know if he still reads or posts but shoutout to zen death robot for buying me a full price copy of nier automata as a gift after i complained so hard in this thread that i wasn't sure if i'd like it or not that he felt obligated to do so in order to shut me up and now i will feel guilty forevermore because it turned out i didn't like it all that much

You can make up for it by buying me a game I don't have that you like but I'll probably hate if you want.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have never liked a videogame unfortunately

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Nier raid loving owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agreed with the gestalt > automata sentiment btw...Nier 1 has the better story and more inventive structure but on the other hand, I adore the way Automata looks sounds and feels to actually play. I like both of them a lot

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally pre-ordered Death Stranding. This game can't come out soon enough, I am so excited.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I always thought Kotaku would be one of those sites that would just, stick around no matter what. Whether you wanted it to or not.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1189243875329789952

https://twitter.com/transgamerthink/status/1189239077511598086

I didn't think it would happen so suddenly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
private equity is destroying journalism at literally every level of every industry, Jesus Christ

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
isn't schreier still on book leave or something? He also had a kiddo?

he'll get picked up but drat

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

private equity is destroying journalism at literally every level of every industry, Jesus Christ
:capitalism:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I always thought Kotaku would be one of those sites that would just, stick around no matter what. Whether you wanted it to or not.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1189243875329789952

https://twitter.com/transgamerthink/status/1189239077511598086

I didn't think it would happen so suddenly.

Are you seeing something I'm not? It looks like Kotaku is under new management and is potentially going to be even shittier, but I don't see any reason to think it's going anywhere.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PantsBandit posted:

Are you seeing something I'm not? It looks like Kotaku is under new management and is potentially going to be even shittier, but I don't see any reason to think it's going anywhere.

Everyone seems to be resigning in solidarity with others who got fired from their sister sites. So no sites are shutting down at the moment but all the writers are like, seemingly giving their notice within the last hour.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Removing the article is against the terms of the contract the Union negotiated.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

This public equity firm fired a popular Deadspin editor and the union all the writers belong to is taking action and possibly has a lot of people resigning in solidarity, including at Kotaku.

https://twitter.com/gmgunion/status/1188968816858021888?s=19

https://twitter.com/gmgunion/status/1189232634880286721?s=19

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Schreier is the only person at Kotaku who does actual journalism and is one of maybe four people in the entire industry that does in-depth pieces so him leaving is an enormous deal

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Horny is prohibited

https://twitter.com/paperbeatstweet/status/1086410588010377217

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Grapplejack posted:

Schreier is the only person at Kotaku who does actual journalism and is one of maybe four people in the entire industry that does in-depth pieces so him leaving is an enormous deal

Yeah like the Kotaku brand, the "brand" hasn't really meant much for like what, a decade now? And whenever there's been good pieces from the site almost everyone would refer to the pieces by the actual authors. Like, "Hey did you see that new piece Schreier did?" Or Tolito or Klepek and so on. It's hardly ever been "That Kotaku article" unless it was like...a really bad one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the k in kotaku for

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Kotaku

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/megreenwell/status/1189197695434575872?s=21

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Help Im Alive posted:

kinky

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Expecting lots of people to be pleased about this due to previous anti-kotaku sentiments regardless of the abuse of power of the higher ups.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that seems shortsighted but what is the internet if not a perpetual font of vindictive pleasures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ka0 posted:

Age of Empires 2 definite edition is coming out so at least we know for sure one GotM is set.

Remasters can't be GOTM

But that's fine because age2 is the RTS GOAT