Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What a punt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Chichevache posted:

My wife knows nothing about Aggie and I am enjoying the look on her face as I reveal more and more about that terrible school. Please post your favorite A&M lore for me to share.

They can't build their giant fires before games anymore because the fire collapsed and killed some students.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Smiling Mandrill posted:

They can't build their giant fires before games anymore because the fire collapsed and killed some students.

They still do, it's just not on campus and it's supervised by actual engineers rather than built by drunk students based on folk wisdom.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Qwijib0 posted:

Is this Georgia/A&M matchup rather than both playing a late-season cupcake an artifact of A&M's entry into the SEC (since schedules are planned so far in advance)?

No, I think the SEC just wanted to have some halfway decent offering this week (joke’s on them). The Aggies player their last cupcake in late October or early November

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

UGA plays their cupcake next week.

:(

been a while since the era of ESPN relevance....

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

:lol: Maryland is loving terrible

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Nice baylor

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I really hope offensive heads roll this offseason because this is downright disastrous

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Bonfire still exists just not officially sanctioned by the school. It's way safer now since implementing actual oversights.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*sigh*

Defense did not put up much of a fight on that drive

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I Lovett

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Piling up some wood and burning it requires engineers? I know the Texas education system isn't great but jfc

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Timeout commercials 3rd down conversion end of half commercials, die CBS

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
:lol: at the just-a-poncho georgia fans with full spiked pads on top of it.

why would you protect your skin from the water? You're gonna sweat under there anyway

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

are the Hoosiers... good?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah I’m tired of being ripped away from the compelling gameplay

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

An hour for one quarter of mostly run plays. For real.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Piling up some wood and burning it requires engineers? I know the Texas education system isn't great but jfc

I read the wiki and have no idea how so many people died. Did they have people on top of it and it was hollow on purpose or something

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Dango Bango posted:

Harvard's up 17? :lol:

Yale just tied it up with 18 seconds left. :lol: this is a clownshoe game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was bitching about the playbook last week and they seem to have opened it up a bit, and it's also ineffective, so :shrug:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

I read the wiki and have no idea how so many people died. Did they have people on top of it and it was hollow on purpose or something

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11937545/texas-bonfire-burns-fifteen-years-collapse-kills-12-students

P much the upper tiers were wedged into the lower tiers and tied together. Think like a wedding cake. There were probably 40 or so kids on the stack when it fell and since it was 2ish weeks out from completion it was getting up there in size.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

To be fair it's a whole hell of a lot of wood.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2019 UGA is averaging the same PPG as 2011 UGA, who had jittery sophomore Aaron Murray, a terrible OL, a RB rotation of Crowell and Dick Samuel IV, and Tavarres King as the leading WR.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m like a mile as the crow flies from Sanford Stadium and it’s coming down way harder there than it is here

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that dude's entire loving leg was down how did they not blow the whistle there?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
ESPN really making that climate protest pay off for the protesters, wonder if it's intentional? Doesn't seem like ESPN is in to doing good deeds, I'm suspicious

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Big 10 refs are literally blind to not see that Mich guy down

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Wooo

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Imagine resting your hopes on Mond.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

George H.W. oval office posted:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11937545/texas-bonfire-burns-fifteen-years-collapse-kills-12-students

P much the upper tiers were wedged into the lower tiers and tied together. Think like a wedding cake. There were probably 40 or so kids on the stack when it fell and since it was 2ish weeks out from completion it was getting up there in size.

Ok that's bigger than I thought

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Imagine resting your hopes on Mond.

He’s okay, but yeah if you aren’t cranking out 200 per game on the ground he’s not ideal

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

are the Hoosiers... good?

Yeah we're really genuinely kinda decent this year. We really had a good shot at beating Penn State last week too, we kinda blew it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

George H.W. oval office posted:

:lol:

quote:

One also gleaned from the post-collapse coverage that a complex student hierarchy ruled over Bonfire, that a secret society -- the Redpots -- stood atop this hierarchy and passed down its arcane construction know-how to a new group of initiates each year, like a priesthood. Over the decades, Bonfire's Redpot ranks had produced a good number of Texans of consequence, perhaps none more consequent than Gov. Rick Perry, Aggie Class of 1972, the quadrennially entertaining GOP presidential candidate. One heard about the brutal initiation rites, the booze, the complaints from faculty that students were becoming obsessed, with the hardest-core Bonfire types basically dropping out for fall semester so they could work without academic impediment on what seemed to many outsiders a colossal waste of time.

Also they've apparently gone back to the student-led system so just a matter of time

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Lord of the Flies Fires

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
jfc Fromm

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nebraska just had a hilarious TD against Maryland. Two DBs tipped an overthrown ball, keeping it in the air long enough for the DB to run under it.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
Fromm is......... bad?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

James Cook III was a 5-star, is fast as hell on the ground, and can catch the ball; any sub-mediocre offensive gameplan could find cool ways to get that guy the ball. So of course on UGA, he never plays. I don't think he's even on special teams anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also I'm getting uncomfortably close to thinking we should give Stetson Bennett IV a series