Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

If you offered Horford a way back to Boston right now he would probably take it. Dude basically said that he wouldn't have left if he knew Kemba was coming.

You dont trade players you give big money year 1 of the contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nut posted:

How much of Kendrick Nunn’s domestic battery charges contributed to him going undrafted? Just curious since I’m getting tired of him being referred to some magical undrafted find next to my beloved raptors, full of real hidden gems

Not sure but I believe it is how he ended up at Oakland. Playing in the Horizon League is a good way to go undrafted barring a situation like Stevens era Butler.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Don’t worry, you could have current Blake instead!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not sure but I believe it is how he ended up at Oakland. Playing in the Horizon League is a good way to go undrafted barring a situation like Stevens era Butler.

Yeah he got kicked off the Illinois team for it and had to transfer. Which is also part of the reason he's getting to the NBA at an older age, he had to sit out a year.

I'm not going to pretend anyone thought he'd be what he has been but people were aware that he was a good basketball player. He'd have probably gone somewhere in the second round without the DV.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod posted:

You dont trade players you give big money year 1 of the contract

Hey, maybe *you* don't. My first preference is to still trade Ben Simmons for Zach LaVine, but Philly probably won't accept that they need to move him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hey, maybe *you* don't. My first preference is to still trade Ben Simmons for Zach LaVine, but Philly probably won't accept that they need to move him.

This is an insane trade, i can't handle becoming an Internet Ben Simmons Guy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

This is an insane trade, i can't handle becoming an Internet Ben Simmons Guy

This is the breaking point for me, the thread has done a Gendo on Ben Simmons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's not ben's fault his front office surrounded him with players that dont fit his style

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stop being so hard on rookies.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Isn't Gordo's contract equally massive?

What's hard to follow here, one is playing like they're worth the contract and one definitely is not

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Durant missing the season has led to Simmons jokes filling the void, didn't see that coming but I probably should have.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

dokmo posted:

didn't see that coming but I probably should have.

-Ben Simmons squinting at a pixelated phone pic taken at the YMCA

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

Durant missing the season has led to Simmons jokes filling the void, didn't see that coming but I probably should have.

Kyrie is hardly playing, either, Steph has been out, all our usual punching bags but one are MIA

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

Kyrie is hardly playing, either, Steph has been out, all our usual punching bags but one are MIA

Wiggins picked a really, really good time to have a halfway decent season.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Hopefully the next guy Kylie Jenner cheats on Ben Simmons with will talk her into going Lysistrata on him until Ben Simmons agrees to shoot threes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/LifeOfTimReilly/status/1212917304511598593?s=19

TIL that Mike Conley's dad (who has a gold medal in the triple jump so this shouldn't be that surprising) completed the only legitimate foul line dunk in basketball history

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I saw Mike Conley was trending and I figure he got traded or suspended or something

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

MourningView posted:

TIL that Mike Conley's dad (who has a gold medal in the triple jump so this shouldn't be that surprising) completed the only legitimate foul line dunk in basketball history

holy crap a real foul line dunk!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MourningView posted:

I want to see roided out Bonds try to dunk

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Wiggins picked a really, really good time to have a halfway decent season.

Looks like he was pretty much just regular Wiggins in December, but I haven’t watched the Wolfes in a while

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DeimosRising posted:

This is the breaking point for me, the thread has done a Gendo on Ben Simmons

it’s so bad, the thread is almost as dumb about ben as they are about the warriors

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

big boi posted:

holy crap a real foul line dunk!

Goddamn, he’s several inches behind the line even

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

colachute posted:

Stop being so hard on rookies.

I appreciate this joke.

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s so bad, the thread is almost as dumb about ben as they are about the warriors

6ers fans stanned so hard we have to have balance in the force by going the complete opposite way.

The truth on Ben is somewhere in the middle.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Athanatos posted:

6ers fans stanned so hard we have to have balance in the force by going the complete opposite way.

You really don't though

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
6er fans have been pretty apocalyptic over the fact that Simmons isn't Lebron James 2, I am not sure which fans here have been stanning for him all that hard.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dedmon was apparently inactive last night

:lol:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

quote:

"I would actually love to play in this NBA," O'Neal says. "I would bring a little bit more physicality. I would bring my length, I would bring my athletic-ness. So, before you say, 'Shaq can't play in this era today,' I'm already playing.

"My name is Giannis Antetokounmpo."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28406470/from-charles-barkley-joel-embiid-fight-modernize-nba-big-man

I m mean, prime Shaq would be an MVP guy in any era but I am not sure Giannis is the right comparison.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28406470/from-charles-barkley-joel-embiid-fight-modernize-nba-big-man

I m mean, prime Shaq would be an MVP guy in any era but I am not sure Giannis is the right comparison.

yeah shaq never had handles or speed like giannis (who plays more like pistons era grant hill imo); i can’t think of a player who’s as physically overpowering as shaq was in the current nba besides lebron

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Lockback posted:

6er fans have been pretty apocalyptic over the fact that Simmons isn't Lebron James 2, I am not sure which fans here have been stanning for him all that hard.

first team all defense imo

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I have a question. It's probably dumb af but bear with me. I've not looked at the salaries, caps, restrictions and all that important poo poo.

If you are a Milwaukee Bucks exec, would you consider approaching the OKC and asking for CP3, Gallo and Steven Adams as a package?

My rationale here:

1) Coach Bud is a pathetic man who never has a plan B.
2) Bucks do not have a legitimate 2nd star, it's Giannis and them guys
3) I watched the Christmas game against Philly again, and while I accept that Giannis wasn't 100%, I reckon that no matter how you tinker and try to guard Embiid, he alone is capable of shredding the Bucks in the playoffs even if Embiid's supporting cast make only half the amount of threes they made on Dec. 25.
4) Bledsoe, DiVincenzo, Wesley Matthews and to some extent Hill look decent against Atlanta, Bulls and the Knicks, but they will be no shows in the playoffs.
5) Giannis does not have that thing Lebron, KD, Jimmy Butler have when they enter the game when their team is trailing by 15-20 points and simply say right, ok, everyone, you had your fun, but enough is enough, get the gently caress out of my way because I ain't losing to you.

Why not approach OKC, give them the entire farm, money, picks whatever to give CP3, Adams and Gallo and the Bucks a realistic chance of reaching the EC finals.

Dumb af?

#rant

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Advance apologies to Metapod for the above post.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Stevie Lee posted:

first team all defense imo

Did you watch the Pacers game? More like last team defense.

I don't think they give all-defense nods to guys who can play great defense when they feel like it, but don't always feel like it.

e: in anticipation of people pointing out all the players that have made first team defense that don't always play hard on defense: Well they shouldn't have!

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 3, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bornbytheriver posted:

I have a question. It's probably dumb af but bear with me. I've not looked at the salaries, caps, restrictions and all that important poo poo.

If you are a Milwaukee Bucks exec, would you consider approaching the OKC and asking for CP3, Gallo and Steven Adams as a package?

My rationale here:

3) I watched the Christmas game against Philly again, and while I accept that Giannis wasn't 100%, I reckon that no matter how you tinker and try to guard Embiid, he alone is capable of shredding the Bucks in the playoffs even if Embiid's supporting cast make only half the amount of threes they made on Dec. 25.
4) Bledsoe, DiVincenzo, Wesley Matthews and to some extent Hill look decent against Atlanta, Bulls and the Knicks, but they will be no shows in the playoffs.
5) Giannis does not have that thing Lebron, KD, Jimmy Butler have when they enter the game when their team is trailing by 15-20 points and simply say right, ok, everyone, you had your fun, but enough is enough, get the gently caress out of my way because I ain't losing to you.

Why not approach OKC, give them the entire farm, money, picks whatever to give CP3, Adams and Gallo and the Bucks a realistic chance of reaching the EC finals.

Dumb af?

#rant

I don't think CP3 and Giannis would be a good mix

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers are frauds

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

bornbytheriver posted:

My rationale here:

Dumb af?

#rant

CP3 and Adams would be awkward midseason fits for Giannis. It would be a bad trade yeah.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Bucks won't see the 6ers in the playoffs unless the 6ers drop to the 8th seed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

100% (99%) Simmons will be traded before the trade deadline

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Prime Shaq in today's game would basically be Andre Drummond.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think CP3 and Giannis would be a good mix

SunshineDanceParty posted:

CP3 and Adams would be awkward midseason fits for Giannis. It would be a bad trade yeah.

:ohdear:

I stand corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Prime Shaq in today's game would basically be Andre Drummond.

Come on man