Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The key to never aging is to go bald or grey very young. Steve Martin and Larry David have both looked exactly the same forever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

beanieson posted:

The key to never aging is to go bald or grey very young. Steve Martin and Larry David have both looked exactly the same forever...

Reminds me of Floyd the barber on Andy Griffith. After his massive stroke he stayed on the show but was always sitting down in scenes. Going to be a sad day when we lose Richard Lewis.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

beanieson posted:

Man Richard Lewis has looked like he was days from death since like season 4...

I thought from watching he might have Parkinson’s or something, but I found an article that said he’d just had a major back surgery and had slipped and broken his shoulder in an unrelated accident.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

General Dog posted:

I thought from watching he might have Parkinson’s or something, but I found an article that said he’d just had a major back surgery and had slipped and broken his shoulder in an unrelated accident.

Must be one hell of a putter

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

General Dog posted:

Yea i googled him to see just what the hell is wrong with him and couldnt find anything but it does seem like he's had a stroke or something. He moves like a 90 year old the poor guy. Maybe too much drugs/ alcohol in the 80s or something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Just Chamber posted:

Yea i googled him to see just what the hell is wrong with him and couldnt find anything but it does seem like he's had a stroke or something. He moves like a 90 year old the poor guy. Maybe too much drugs/ alcohol in the 80s or something.

Chronic back problems are pretty debilitating, to be fair. I don't doubt that there's some drug and booze damage though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Richard is a handsome guy but yeah he's been doped up for years now. Probably eats weed brownies all the time too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Richard Lewis is being kept alive purely by drugs that only rich people know about.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

Richard Lewis is being kept alive purely by drugs that only rich people know about.

The same ones they're giving Bernie

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

precision posted:

Richard is a handsome guy but yeah he's been doped up for years now. Probably eats benadryl brownies all the time too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

precision posted:

The same ones they're giving Bernie

Lol if you don’t think bernie is straight edge and fueled only by our rage

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alan Smithee posted:

Lol if you don’t think bernie is straight edge and fueled only by our rage

Bernie seems to be in a lot better shape than Lewis and he’s older. Larry looks to be in good shape too for his age. I can confirm by looking at some of my family that Brooklyn Jewish genes are good.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Was at my regional office for work this week, which is in an old federal building. This is the urinal. It is elongated on the front, which kind of goes between your legs, and there is a foot flush pedal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Was at my regional office for work this week, which is in an old federal building. This is the urinal. It is elongated on the front, which kind of goes between your legs, and there is a foot flush pedal.

ya but where’s the guillotine trap door

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

beanieson posted:

ya but where’s the guillotine trap door

I thought it looked more like Larry's lady urinal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's a urinal designed with dribblers in mind

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

precision posted:

That's a urinal designed with dribblers in mind

Let he who is without blame shake the first drop.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SirPablo posted:

Let he who is without blame shake the first drop.

I can see this being an episode

"Oh, you're gonna tell me you've never dribbled? WE'VE ALL DRIBBLED!"

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Here's how I think this season will end with the guillotine urinal situation:

Marty Funkhauser will return from his overseas journey just in time for the opening of Latte Larry's. Larry is so busy that he/the audience never get to actually see Marty arrive to the opening. Then there's a scream from the bathroom, an ambulance, and then word that Marty died due to decapitation of the penis. Something Susie can hold against Larry forever :(

Basically, I'm convinced someone will die this finale. Doesn't have to be Marty necessarily, but mark my words, someone will die as a consequence of LArry's killer mind designing a shop.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm fine with the show growing its body count.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

As long as Leon lives forever I don’t care

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Larry is going to eventually kill the entire Funkhauser family.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Not to make everything about politics but what does everyone think about the Larry Davids stance on stuff? I knew he was rich but I was surprised to look and see he's worth 400 mill, one of the richest actors in the world. I like how the show shows him as a rich jackass and he doesn't pretend to be a normal everyman at all anymore. Some stuff recently rubbed me the wrong way like the thing with him telling the bathroom attendant not one wants you here, but I guess its fine as long as your supposed to think Larry's a dick most of the time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Larry is a rich rear end in a top hat that hates other rich assholes. Everyone on the show probably has really terrible centrist liberal political beliefs if you got into it but the show is funny so I’m letting it slide.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Larry strikes me as someone who is really, legitimately not that political because he's old and rich, gently caress you

But like, not in a bad way

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hes a Pete supporter, or was one, but seems to be self conscious in a way few wealthy people are.

His character on the show is basically "what if an antisocial introvert had enough money to actually say what they felt like at any given time" which takes a bit of self awareness to even do.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Annabel Pee posted:

Not to make everything about politics but what does everyone think about the Larry Davids stance on stuff? I knew he was rich but I was surprised to look and see he's worth 400 mill, one of the richest actors in the world. I like how the show shows him as a rich jackass and he doesn't pretend to be a normal everyman at all anymore. Some stuff recently rubbed me the wrong way like the thing with him telling the bathroom attendant not one wants you here, but I guess its fine as long as your supposed to think Larry's a dick most of the time.

Maybe you didn't follow this much, but Seinfeld had generated $4.06 billion in revenue from syndication by 2017. Larry was the co-creator of course so his primary source of income every year is still from Seinfeld, as far as I know. With that in mind, I'm glad that he's still creating shows like Curb instead of just kicking back on an island somewhere.
https://www.vulture.com/2014/06/breaking-down-the-seinfeld-economy.html

I only know about his politics from what I read in the media like everyone else; I imagine he has his opinions and all but isn't taking a strong stance on health care, as opposed to taking strong stances on scone composition

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina/status/1227051040954077184?s=19

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know, when Bernie wins, that's gotta be good for a few episodes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I want him to show up in an episode. Bernie doesn't see the resemblance

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bernie taxes Larry not out of principle

But of spite

*cue curb theme*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh my god

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Another fricken hilarious episode.

Hamm does a great Larry

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Best episode of the season for me. Leon was on top form and can Jon Hamm be on the show permanently please? Lewis rolling over in his massive nazi Benz going "What the gently caress?" was amazing. Good stuff.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
loving Hamm. Loved it.

Ambitious Susan

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I loving died when Jon got kicked out of the dinner party too and him and Larry celebrated it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Poor Larry and his bleeding rectum.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Leon's Dutch boy line

unexpected but appreciated :laffo:

when Larry-John left the dinner party I was hoping they would come back grab an eggroll for the road

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the pizza cheese exchange is up there for best lines

also lol at the idea that Leon can make a fat stack from the gig economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Leon mentioning accidentally drinking out his piss bottle nearly killed me.