Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can you commission an artist for a drawing of a hockey glove with poop in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

V for Vegans posted:

We had someone from our team drop out last minute yesterday, turns out his wife had a baby. We were discussing everyone chipping in to get him some sort of gift, and my favorite idea by far was a onesie for the kid that says “Daddy Doesn’t Backcheck”

yeah this rules and you better do it

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
alternately please consider "daddy finally scored"

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
If my daughter was still in onesies I'd buy on. Her favorite word right now is hockey and has become something of our locker room mascot.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
"dad.... why does my onesie say 'soft dump in the corner'????"

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Daddy shot 5 hole

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Where I live when couples go off birth control to start trying to have a baby they call it pulling the goalie, is that common parlance in the states too?

why halo thar
Jan 21, 2007

a mysterious cloak posted:

Anybody try one of these hybrid cages? I miss my old fishbowl but I don't miss the fogging and being hot.
I don't have any experience with this particular version but I bought the two prior models. Loved the vision, didn't like the weight and eventually both fogged up even on inline so I stopped using them. You'd probably get a more quantifiable return from a titanum cage for the money.

prom candy posted:

Where I live when couples go off birth control to start trying to have a baby they call it pulling the goalie, is that common parlance in the states too?
I wish.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
It took four seasons, but we FINALLY beat the team of ringers for the first time ever. We beat em 4-1 and it was never close. Their one goal came when their best player deked around literally all five of us and scored himself. It was by far my personal best game of the season too. :toot:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
It has been awhile.

We slayed the dragon.

We were last place, 8th, playing against the first seed. The first seed was the team we absolutely hated and never could beat, and have won 6 of the last 8 championships.

0-0 after one. 0-1 after two. 1-1 after three. 1-1 after 5 minute OT. 36 shots against to 32 shots for. Went 2-0 in shootout. Win. Vindication.

I spent every moment after thanking everyone on my team for the win. Back-checking, neutral zone pressure, defensive clearing. No matter the regular season beef, I went to everyone and thanked them. Even the other team, I told them nine times out of ten, they win that game, but everything clicked on our team. Spent about 30 minutes getting the the pat on the back "Thanks for beating those guys" from the games after us. Like, I made 4 key saves, but my guys made the rest of the win possible.

We have two more rounds until crowning the champion, but fukkit. We may as well have won the lottery with this dark horse upset.

0 sticks broken, but if we win it all I'll break my goalie stick to have everyone sign it and stick it up on the wall of our bar.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

One team in my league has been in the championship game 9 of the past 10 seasons, and won it probably 6-7 of those times. Our HD is absolutely on top of his poo poo.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Anyone else's leagues cancelled? My one rink in NYC closed and I'm waiting for my other to follow suit, though I did a clinic there last night. I've been working from home, so having hockey is the only thing keeping my week from being one long blur. :smith:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

:lol: We're in between seasons right now, and the new one starts in a couple weeks. One would think this is the perfect opportunity to shut it down for a few weeks with minimal financial impact. That said, there's absolutely no loving way my rink will cancel anything. They have to pay for all the hand sanitizer they just bought somehow. The email they sent out said they put some on the benches and said "Yep, you're good to go. By the way, fist bump instead of handshake after the game. We're not shutting our doors unless it's mandated by law."

My daughters have a figure skating competition in SF on Saturday and Sunday and as of now, they are proceeding as planned. It seems completely irresponsible, especially considering how many people are traveling from out of town. I'm heavily leaning towards "I don't care if they're still having it, gently caress that" territory.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 13, 2020

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm running a shinny on Sunday and hemming and hawing about whether or not to cancel. They are very few cases in my city but I also don't want to contribute to people going out and congregating when they don't need to. Hard to know where the line between prudence and panic is.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Was supposed to be in a tournament this weekend, first game was in a few hours. But nope canceled at the last minute. I was looking forward to drinking beers in the parking lot between games too.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

prom candy posted:

I'm running a shinny on Sunday and hemming and hawing about whether or not to cancel. They are very few cases in my city but I also don't want to contribute to people going out and congregating when they don't need to. Hard to know where the line between prudence and panic is.

I’m struggling at cancelling gatherings of 20 or less people where contact and close talking can be kept to a minimum, personally.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I got an email from one of my rinks that said "we remain open at this time while we monitor the situation and will update you via email and/or our Facebook page if the situation changes." The other one is still open as far as I know, since I'm signed up for Rat Hockey on Tuesday and haven't heard anything.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Stinky socks emailed basically the same thing that you’re all seeing saying if they’re open they’re open, keep gloves on for handshakes, sanitize all gloves before making GBS threads in them etc. I usually play at a school rink though so I suspect it’ll be closing soon.

The cool thing they’re doing though is if you decide you don’t want to play right now, you can use the game credit anytime in the next 3 months when usually it’s like a week.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My rink is in a weird spot where we all just paid for the next season, so it'll be fun to see how they handle the money if it's determined the rink needs to shut down. Still a ways off from that possibility but everyone's wondering about it anyways!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I've got a game tonight - I'm biased against going because

1. I'm the charge nurse working in a specialized coronavirus screening clinic
2. We are screening every person that walks in the door in a major medical center
3. We are all absolutely exhausted
4. The last time anybody cleaned the locker room at the rink was probably NEVER

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah I’d bail. Get some sleep.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Sounds like the league that me and most of my hockey pals play in is cancelling the rest of the winter season so I'm going to cancel my shinnies too. Sucks, I managed to get some good time slots for once.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I got an email from one of my rinks that said "we remain open at this time while we monitor the situation and will update you via email and/or our Facebook page if the situation changes."

Aaaaand they just announced the rink is closed until April 6.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Guess it's time to cave and buy NHL 20

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah just put NHL10 in the console, it's the same game.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

prom candy posted:

Guess it's time to cave and buy NHL 20

Do not do this

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Borderlands 3

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
RedDead Redemption 2 if you haven't already. Play single mode and then go through the online stuff. I tend to only buy 1 game per year at most nowadays. Not that many titles interest me anymore. I buy like every third NHL game because they kind of suck and they're all the same now. I kind of like the hitman games ...

I guess now is a good of time as any to do all the maintenance stuff on my dirt bike. Not playing hockey is going to suck.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I still have a game Monday, hoping they don’t cancel my league.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Verman posted:

RedDead Redemption 2 if you haven't already. Play single mode and then go through the online stuff. I tend to only buy 1 game per year at most nowadays. Not that many titles interest me anymore. I buy like every third NHL game because they kind of suck and they're all the same now. I kind of like the hitman games ...

I guess now is a good of time as any to do all the maintenance stuff on my dirt bike. Not playing hockey is going to suck.

RDR2 is loving amazing. I only stopped because I had babies and BL3 came out. Loved that game though.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It was released on Steam today and it's 50% off. I'm planning on playing a lot of it.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah league currently suspended, weekend tournament canceled, haven't done private drop-in in a few weeks. I haven't skated in awhile but my beer drinking has been the same. Going to be so fat and slow when it does re-open.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

sellouts posted:

Do not do this

Yeah I already have 19 and it's not good. I'm gonna play CoD Warzone for now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My league hasn't cancelled yet, but I'm weighing whether I want to take the risk and keep playing. I also do Ball Hockey outside once a week with about 14 people or so. I'd think that would probably be fine as long as some dumbass didn't show up sick since it's outdoors.

I have already started working full time remote, so there's that.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

prom candy posted:

Yeah I already have 19 and it's not good. I'm gonna play CoD Warzone for now.

I just picked up 19 not too long ago when XBOX gave it away for free with the Games with Gold thing they do. I don't play enough to make it worth it to have the newest game to play online and poo poo. The last game I have is '15 I think that I got for like $10 used at a Game Stop when it was already like 2 years old.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My daughters have a figure skating competition in SF on Saturday and Sunday and as of now, they are proceeding as planned. It seems completely irresponsible, especially considering how many people are traveling from out of town. I'm heavily leaning towards "I don't care if they're still having it, gently caress that" territory.

This one? It's postponed until mid April. https://www.skatebowl.com/ice-skating/figure-skating/competitions

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yup, got the email today (along with all the school cancellations) and shockingly got a refund on our hotel. I told my wife gently caress that, I’m staying home with the babies anyway. Glad it’s postponed but it’s bad that it took them until only 24h out. I can’t imagine everyone was able to refund their hotel rooms.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Rat Hockey sessions have become like speakeasies now. "Want some ice time? Head to this address at 5:15pm and bring $12." :ninja:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can we all agree that open air cages now have another drawback vs plastic shields?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Welp, just got word from our captain my other rink is closing. No official general word from them yet but gently caress, with my gym also closed I’m gonna be a sack of crap by the time this is over.