Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don’t think my opinion would have changed the result, it’s been a pretty clear lazy bandwagon for a while, but it’s bad to end the day early. It deprives town of information.

Also, I liked KK’s reaction to the bandwagon, and I also like it when people are a bit dickish, is mafia changed so much that we’re no longer allowed to accuse each other of being bad at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My opinion remains the same: the initial cases against KK were bad, the logic flawed and the reasoning suspect.

Xopods more than anyone made a weak case, then acted like it was cast iron, and tried to simultaneously claim he was responsible and abrogate responsibility.

KK’s overall reaction to the bandwagon was townie, that’s how I would have reacted in the face of a stupid execution.

A lot of lazy players in this game, scum will win if everyone just says “me too!” to the most vocal players.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am off to get a cup of tea, it’s morning here.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Scientastic posted:

A big mad rush before deadline is to be expected, but ending D1 early before every player has a chance to give their opinions on the seemingly inevitable: not cool

Why did you do that? It was stupid.

We weren’t getting any more useful information. It would have been a waste of a (real life) day. It felt like it was time to move on.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Scientastic posted:

Also, I liked KK’s reaction to the bandwagon, and I also like it when people are a bit dickish, is mafia changed so much that we’re no longer allowed to accuse each other of being bad at it?

I think it's generally acceptable to be a bit dickish, god knows I can be, but telling someone that they haven't played enough mafia to have opinions* seems a bit much imo

* yes this is not literally what was said but the intent definitely wasn't chummy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Scientastic posted:

My opinion remains the same: the initial cases against KK were bad, the logic flawed and the reasoning suspect.

Xopods more than anyone made a weak case, then acted like it was cast iron, and tried to simultaneously claim he was responsible and abrogate responsibility.

KK’s overall reaction to the bandwagon was townie, that’s how I would have reacted in the face of a stupid execution.

A lot of lazy players in this game, scum will win if everyone just says “me too!” to the most vocal players.

KK hasn't even been flipped yet and you're speaking as if he's going to flip town. Would you be willing to take back this entire post and be incredulous if KK flips scum because a lot of people agreed on a D1 case you deemed "weak"? Me and xopods saw the same thing at the same time. Would this post still make sense in the context of KK potentially flipping scum? I think the answer is no. Also your judgment and reaction to his reaction isn't something everybody feels the same on. I feel like his posts before being accused were more carefully constructed and overly-cautious/plasticty feeling compared to the Khris Kruel I remember, which came out when he was having a bunch of votes hurled at him.

You also called KK scum with xopods not too far back. What do you even actually think?

Scientastic posted:

Right, I am placing my marker down now: KK is scum, xopods is bussing him here.

##Vote KK

You're either scum slipping or are 100% sure in your read that he will be town suddenly to even make that post. I mean, everybody who voted him felt the same way about KK's posts. I don't think any case is going to be solid as steel on D1, including your casing on EP which was accusing him of stirring the pot. A lot of people felt KK had forced interactions and his tone felt odd, at least to me.

Scientastic posted:

I don’t think my opinion would have changed the result, it’s been a pretty clear lazy bandwagon for a while, but it’s bad to end the day early. It deprives town of information.

Calling people bad as your main defense is a bad-scummy move, not interjecting it while having a solid defense or casing other people.

Sci might be scum independent of the flip, ya'll.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

kingcobweb posted:

We weren’t getting any more useful information. It would have been a waste of a (real life) day. It felt like it was time to move on.

I completely disagree, if the KK execution was going to happen anyway (which seemed likely, given the massive bandwagon), we could have had every player give their opinion on why they were/weren’t voting for him, who else they thought was scummy and why etc.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Deadbeat Dad posted:

KK hasn't even been flipped yet and you're speaking as if he's going to flip town.

No I’m not, I’m annoyed because I went to bed to a sensible game full of people who know better and woke up to a bunch of trigger happy idiots who think ending the day early is helpful

Regardless of KK’s alignment, that execution was loving stupid

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sci might be scum independent of the flip, ya'll.

I don’t need to know KK’s alignment to know that the case against him was weak, the bandwagon was bad and the early hammer was stupid

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Deadbeat Dad posted:

everybody who voted him felt the same way about KK's posts

I’m not sure how you can possibly think this is a sensible thing to say

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Look, we’re already getting more information about several players in twilight! How can anyone possibly argue in favour of the day ending early?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Scientastic posted:

I completely disagree, if the KK execution was going to happen anyway (which seemed likely, given the massive bandwagon), we could have had every player give their opinion on why they were/weren’t voting for him, who else they thought was scummy and why etc.

KK had control of that as well. If he wasn't vague/combative/non-responsive about his claiming while -2 and only responding to Tom Tucker's plea and STILL not being all the way truthful about his role, then you can't really expect everybody else to feel good about letting the thread stay open another day, regardless of alignments or intentions of people on the vote. It is what it is.

It doesn't matter if you, him, God thinks the case is stupid--if you're going to be voted out with another vote or two, actually being helpful and concise with some reads instead of combative and vague will get you nowhere but voted out. If he did claim right away and the reads made sense, I don't think we'd be arguing about it being the end of D1 already.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Again, I agree with KK on not roleclaiming: I question the benefit of roleclaiming anyway. If he’s town, either he’s executed anyway and the role is revealed in the flip, or he saves himself from an execution and gives some extra information to the scum team. If he’s scum, he’s got a fakeclaim, so who cares? Roleclaiming fully a real-life day before deadline is not clever or good.

I also think that telling people they’re bad at mafia is about the nullest of nulltells, everyone does that all the time. Look, I’ll do it right now: YOU ARE BEING BAD AT MAFIA

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Scientastic posted:

I’m not sure how you can possibly think this is a sensible thing to say

I mean, this is a nitpicking quote but sure, it was a bit too rosy sounding.

I'll revise it: Every well-meaning town with good intentions of finding scum who voted for KK felt an oddness about his posts and didn't like it, thus he was voted out. I obviously don't know the exact gut pings that makes someone tick, but those who genuinely believe in their votes found something really weird about KK.

Of course this doesn't apply if there are scum on the bandwagon or the odd lazy 3P/town who didn't read anything and just want to jump on the first juicy thing.

You still didn't answer my questions:

1. Will you still back up that post you made 100% if KK flips scum?

2. What do you think KK is? Earlier you said KK-xopods scum, then xopods scum-KK ???, all the way to sounding like you know he's going to flip town.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I can't continue the back and forth because I need to sleep but I'll see you fine folks D2. Maybe??

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It is what it is.

On this we agree. I need to chill out and get over it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I also think that telling people they’re bad at mafia is about the nullest of nulltells, everyone does that all the time. Look, I’ll do it right now: YOU ARE BEING BAD AT MAFIA

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Calling people bad as your main defense is a bad-scummy move, not interjecting it while having a solid defense or casing other people.

you are not Just Calling People Bad At Mafia, you're doing it alongside other things

also you're just doing it as an example now, put some heart into it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You still didn't answer my questions:

1. Will you still back up that post you made 100% if KK flips scum?

2. What do you think KK is? Earlier you said KK-xopods scum, then xopods scum-KK ???, all the way to sounding like you know he's going to flip town.

1. Of course, I stand by all my posts, even when they’re wrong, they reflect my thinking at the time I make them

2. I have no idea. I hope he flips scum, I suspect he’ll flip town, if I sound like I know, it’s because I think it’s a waste of time to equivocate in every post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

backtracking on your previous fos's because a flip didnt go the way you were expecting is bad mafia play. never be afraid to follow your nose. everyone makes mistakes. except for me. i am undefeated at mafia.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

short version of the above post do not flip flop based on flip after lynch results if you put forth a fos believe in it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

what is it: a fos

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

What game are you reading?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Anyway, let’s see this flip.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Anyway, let’s see this flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

It’s twilight. If you’re going to complain that we aren’t getting information out, you can start.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sci is acting like Kellyanne to KK's Donald, repeating his talking points, justifying his behaviour. It's weird and feels not genuine... I feel like even a Townie who thought this was a bad lunch would be expressing more curiousity about the flip and perhaps thinking aloud about how a Scum or not-Scum flip would change his opinions about others.

It feels like he already knows what the flip will be, though why he'd be acting this way is less clear.

If KK's scum, maybe he's hoping we'll all say "well I thought he was defending a scumbuddy before, but why would he go on defending him so hard after he was already hammered?"
If KK's not scum, I guess the upside is more obvious, that he increases his own credibility and perhaps undermines the confidence of everyone who was fully convinced of KK's scumminess at the end.

(If anyone's wondering why I'm saying "not Scum" rather than "Town," I think there's some chance he ends up flipping 3P if his claim turns out to be true, since 3Ps hunting each other is a pretty common game-within-a-game in big setups).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Scientastic posted:

Look, we’re already getting more information about several players in twilight! How can anyone possibly argue in favour of the day ending early?

Because the reason we're getting this information is that KK was hammered.

Delaying the game to deadline is dumb. That's what causes games to stall out. Give enough time for people to post, and then move on. This is doubly true for D`1.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dang 7 pages of content to completely skip catch up on!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
FINAL Votecount for Day 1

Khris Kruel (14): xopods, Kashuno, merk, Mr. Humalong, Scientastic, Spoonsy, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Deadbeat Dad, Scientastic, CapnAndy, Leith Maclaine, zzyzx, Dexanth, Epsilon Plus, kingcobweb
xopods (4): Scientastic, Scientastic, Mikujin, Mikujin, Mikujin, kingcobweb, Scientastic, ASAPRockySituation, Khris Kruel, kingcobweb
Epsilon Plus (3): Kloaked00, Scientastic, Scientastic, yuming, OFFICER LIGER
OFFICER LIGER (2): Scientastic, merk, Tom Tucker, merk, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza
merk (1): Jose Valasquez, merk, merk, ASAPRockySituation, Jose Valasquez, Hal Incandenza, bowmore, Hal Incandenza, ASAPRockySituation
Scientastic (1): Mikujin, Leith Maclaine, Mikujin, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine
kingcobweb (1): Pussy Quipped
Kashuno (1): Jen X, Jen X, Jen X, merk, xopods, Mr. Humalong, xopods, merk, Mr. Humalong
Jen X (0): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel
Jose Valasquez (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
yuming (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Pussy Quipped (0): Mikujin, Mikujin
Sandwolf (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy
Mr. Humalong (0): Dexanth, Dexanth
bowmore (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Spoonsy (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Mikujin (0): Scientastic, kingcobweb, xopods, Scientastic, kingcobweb, xopods, merk, merk
Dexanth (0): zzyzx, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, merk, merk, zzyzx
CapnAndy (0): merk, Kashuno, merk, Kashuno, Amnistar, kingcobweb, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus, kingcobweb, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus
Leith Maclaine (0): Scientastic, Dexanth, Scientastic, Dexanth

Not Voting (0):

:redhammer:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

Sci is acting like Kellyanne to KK's Donald, repeating his talking points, justifying his behaviour. It's weird and feels not genuine...

Oh, OK, so me and KK are scum together?

xopods posted:

I feel like even a Townie who thought this was a bad lunch would be expressing more curiousity about the flip and perhaps thinking aloud about how a Scum or not-Scum flip would change his opinions about others.

Sorry, should I have posted "I am curious about the flip"? Of course, I am keen to see the flip, I don't need to say that, everyone is keen to see it.

xopods posted:

It feels like he already knows what the flip will be, though why he'd be acting this way is less clear.

If KK's scum, maybe he's hoping we'll all say "well I thought he was defending a scumbuddy before, but why would he go on defending him so hard after he was already hammered?"
If KK's not scum, I guess the upside is more obvious, that he increases his own credibility and perhaps undermines the confidence of everyone who was fully convinced of KK's scumminess at the end.

Oh wait, so regardless of the flip (which I apparently don't care about) I am scum for saying what I think.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Before I get the flip up, just a heads-up. A person in my "circle of contact" is sick this morning. There's no fever but there are symptoms that appear in a small percentage of cases. I currently feel fine, and I'm not going to be in contact with this person. But just in case, I'm going to leave the thread open. Please don't post in the thread.

Thank you!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Scientastic posted:

Oh, OK, so me and KK are scum together?

I'm not sure. It's just very weird that you're defending him this hard after hammer, regardless of what his alignment turns out to be.

It's also weird that you're making the same nonsense point he was about me trying to absolve myself of responsibility for this. I understand the people suspicious of me because they think I'm trying too hard to be Town leader, but the idea that I've somehow been excusing myself of this lunch in advance seems batshit to me.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
There was still daylight at Hogwarts. The sun had moved towards the forbidden forest, but was nowhere near setting yet.

The students and faculty of Hogwarts did not need the full day to know who was a Deatheater that had infiltrated the castle. It was plain to see that Khris Kruel was an obviously working against Hogwarts trying to murder everyone. He was big, stubborn, and imposing: a very intimidating combination that the residents of Hogwarts knew was trouble.

The members of the town gathered together around Khris Kruel and started to drag him to the edge of the force field. They a window in the great hall overlooking a tremendous fall.

“Now’s the time to say anything Khris if you are truly with Hogwarts”
“Confess! Confess!
Khris Kruel bellowed back, “You fools! You are all against Hogwarts! How dare you make this foolish of a mistake!”

The students and faculty would hear no more. They pushed Khris Kruel out of the window through the force field towards the ground. But he didn’t reach the ground. A swarm of dementors swooped in on him suspending him in mid air. He started to yell. Was there one last thing that he wanted to say?

It was too late. The dementors sucked out his soul from his body feasting upon it. After a few minutes his pale devoid carcass fell finally to the ground. The students and faculty could see that Khris remained the same. He wasn’t someone in disguise as someone else. There was no deception.

Khris Kruel, Hagrid, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) had his soul removed day 1

It is now NIGHT 1. Please get in your actions asap. You have 24 hours to submit.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 17, 2020

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Pander will be replacing Bowmore

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
The morning comes to Hogwarts with a sky full of an orange sunrise that illuminates every corner of the castle. The students and faculty eventually make their way to the great hall once more to begin the day. But not enough return. Obviously there is a menace in the castle, but are there many people missing? They must be just late sleepers. But as the orange glow through the castle dissipates, a sense of uneasy creeps through their minds.

The students and faculty move through the castle as a group through all of the missing people’s rooms. First they find JenX. She’s in her bed starting with a solidified face at the ceiling. One of the teachers looks closely, and then confirms to the group that this was the killing curse. Next to Scientastic’s room and it’s more of the same. Scientastic is dead stilling at a desk. Another killed by the killing curse.

However, they are not able to find the rest of the missing people. Their rooms are searched, but there is no sign of foul play. Maybe they are alive and will return? We can only wait and see, but in the meantime, there is work to be done. The group returns to the great hall waiting for the day to begin.

JenX, Gregory Goyle, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse night 1

Scientastic, Luna Lovegood, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse night 1

Merk, Officer LIGOR, and Pander have gone missing

It is now Day 2!

Token Female fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 18, 2020

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (21): Amnistar, ASAPRockySituation, CapnAndy, Deadbeat Dad, Dexanth, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, kingcobweb, Kloaked00, Leith Maclaine, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong, Pussy Quipped, Sandwolf, Spoonsy, Tom Tucker, xopods, yuming, zzyzx

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

votefinder posted:

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

There's going to be a deadline likely on Monday. The time is TBD.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

:ghost: Go Hogwarts! :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, sorry Sci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Ouch