Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Jackass deleted the tweet, but this guy was botting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Just completed my Step-Up request for an EVGA FTW3 3080. It will cost me ~150 USB to upgrade from my 2080 Super KO to the FTW 3080.

Now I just wait patiently for my turn and it's all gravy. I don't mind waiting honestly. 2080 Super will be fine for 1440p CP2077

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
anyone able to actually check out? i just get it hanging on "checking out..." and i'm afraid to refresh the page and have it leave my cart.

let me buy your card nvidia!

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

If you've got it in your cart, is it basically a case of keeping clicking the "Checking out" button?

edit: Ah well, it got pulled from my cart.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Rubellavator posted:

you can click the checking out... again to have it resend the request.

still just 503s

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

That page shows OOS now. Still in my cart but can’t get through checkout

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I love how they can design a new generation of ever fancier cards each year but a goddam "preorder" button remains a goddam flying car

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

completely unsurprising

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

I don't think they would have switched manufacturing of enterprise cards over to TSMC's 7nm process if they were thrilled with Samsung's 8nm node. Margins are way higher when they bin and cut down from one supply line.

AFAIK they didn't "switch to TSMC," they were always on TSMC for the compute cards. The move to Samsung was because they promised their node was pretty close and a lot cheaper. Doesn't look like that's really worked out the way NVidia was hoping, though.

The A100's are entirely different chips, too. You're not cutting those down and slapping them into a 3090 or whatever, even if they were both fabbed by TSMC. Might end up in Quadro, though.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
still in cart, in multiple sessions, after refreshes, but can't checkout

edit: gone from my cart. i'm gonna go draft Zendikar.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Awsome, love that they apparently released it at a dartboard time.

Really rad.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

axeil posted:

anyone able to actually check out? i just get it hanging on "checking out..." and i'm afraid to refresh the page and have it leave my cart.

let me buy your card nvidia!

I got mine ordered. Posted conf email last page. I just clicked checking out button every few mins.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

phosdex posted:

I got mine ordered. Posted conf email last page. I just clicked checking out button every few mins.

so i dont need to refresh the page, i just need to keep hitting check out even after it turns to "checking out..."?

its still showing in my cart but idk how long it'll last :ohdear:

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Just lost mine from the cart after refreshing a bunch (slowly, only once the requests actually timed out).

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm now seeing out of stock rather than the price on that page.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is there a thread or resource anywhere I can learn about how botting works? If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

how is it that every Magic The Gathering vendor knows how to reserve items in a cart and handle insane load every 3 months, but actual computer companies can't get it right once a year?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I have it still in cart on nvidias site. :( Praying to the tech gods check out works eventually.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Cactus posted:

Is there a thread or resource anywhere I can learn about how botting works? If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.

Mainly sneaker botting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7V18bBk4EGwmxf114i1w6Q.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Decided to order the ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity on a Swedish site, order got confirmed and all that jazz, but went from available to "not in stock until the 2nd of december".

And then the price went up from 7825 SEK (888 usd) to 8599 SEK, (976 usd) though thankfully my order is still set at the old price.

( 699 usd? Whats that? We never, *ever* get the msrp, always expect 25% more in :sweden: when it comes to electronic prices)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So on a Gigabyte AIB what's a reasonable expectation for delivery, provided I was able to get a backorder in today?

From past card launches are we talking weeks, a month or two, or 2021?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Ugh same. This sucks.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk
The series of callbacks on the store page is getting further now. One of the final callbacks that completes appears to be querying for quantity and responds with 'availableQuantity:7', but still no dice on actually checking out for me at least.

e: Looks like it finally timed out and kicked the order out of my cart.

jkyuusai fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 17, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nvidia not having a captcha in 2020. Amazing stuff.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

So close and yet so far.. could never get further than here.

(This was from a short while ago, when people were getting in - now it's back to being solidly OOS)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
aaand its gone from my cart :cry:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I looked up his twitter and apparently he’s a major sneaker botter. What a fuckin’ rear end in a top hat.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

axeil posted:

aaand its gone from my cart :cry:

Some botter with 39 other card thanks you.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Cabbages and Kings posted:

how is it that every Magic The Gathering vendor knows how to reserve items in a cart and handle insane load every 3 months, but actual computer companies can't get it right once a year?

Probably because it's exactly that: once every year or two vs a regular occurrence. And because people just deal with it, I guess.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Comon Nvidia just take my loving :10bux:

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

The dream of sharing delivery updates is dead. We must settle for examining the entrails of Nvidia's website.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I looked up his twitter and apparently he’s a major sneaker botter. What a fuckin’ rear end in a top hat.

I still don't get how NVIDIA didn't see this coming knowing their stock was as low as it was.

Have they never dealt with this much demand before or something? actually why am i asking, they are a giant company, they just dont give a gently caress lmao

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Well looks completely dead now, grats to people who got one!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

They should just do a single entry lottery for release day.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shogunner posted:

I still don't get how NVIDIA didn't see this coming knowing their stock was as low as it was.

Have they never dealt with this much demand before or something? actually why am i asking, they are a giant company, they just dont give a gently caress lmao

i can't believe they don't even have the most basic of capchas on their site.

botting should be illegal.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Not saying they shouldn't do a lottery but I don't know how you would enforce it.

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

Mine is still in cart. Every few minutes the "checking out...." turns back into a check out button. I click it again, hoping every time that it'll finally allow Nvidia to siphon my wallet.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Based on what just happened it seems like the play is to f5 all day.

loving great job Nvidia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

It was on my cart stuck at checkout and disappeared when I refreshed. Dumb.