Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

And it’s cool to see Katy O’Brian again after Black Lightning and Agents of SHIELD.

THAT'S where I recognized her from.

Also, TK-147 wasn't at their post again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is this supposed to be a palp cloning lab?

Looks more like Snoke to me. Then again, maybe he'll be retconned to being a failed Palpatine clone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Looks more like Snoke to me. Then again, maybe he'll be retconned to being a failed Palpatine clone.

If it means we might get Ian McDiarmid hamming it up in Mando as a hosed up Sorta-Palpatine, then gently caress it, bring him back!

Comedy option: Let Sam Witwer play hosed up young clone Palpy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how this episode continued the trope of important Imperial controls being on an extremely precarious thin ledge.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

sticklefifer posted:

I like how this episode continued the trope of important Imperial controls being on an extremely precarious thin ledge.

With no guard rails, even!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Railing is expensive and troopers are cheap

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Has windshield technology not been invented in the Star Wars universe?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1329867630581264386

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nine-gear crow posted:

If it means we might get Ian McDiarmid hamming it up in Mando as a hosed up Sorta-Palpatine, then gently caress it, bring him back!

Comedy option: Let Sam Witwer play hosed up young clone Palpy.

Me to Disney: don’t you fuckin dare. You get the real palpy or none at all.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I know this kinda topic has been beaten to death, but I just watched the episode... and this was a fun episode but god drat has Gina Carrano ruined Cara Dune for me. I liked Cara Dune a lot in S1 and was happy Gina got to play a cool character like that in star wars. Bruiser-archetype female commando? Hell yea. Now though... I hope whatever her involvement is in S2 is the end of it. Let the character of Cara Dune have a nice resolution and gently caress off forever.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CelticPredator posted:

Me to Disney: don’t you fuckin dare. You get the real palpy or none at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jerkface posted:

I know this kinda topic has been beaten to death, but I just watched the episode... and this was a fun episode but god drat has Gina Carrano ruined Cara Dune for me. I liked Cara Dune a lot in S1 and was happy Gina got to play a cool character like that in star wars. Bruiser-archetype female commando? Hell yea. Now though... I hope whatever her involvement is in S2 is the end of it. Let the character of Cara Dune have a nice resolution and gently caress off forever.

As a sports fan I've learned to enjoy the product and hate the person it's probably not the best outlook but otherwise entertainers will always fail you

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jerkface posted:

Yeah I'm down for her Cara quietly rejoining the republic army and never seeing her again. Either that or recast her. Disney pls.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if we get the botched clone that ends up being Rey’s dad...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Lol no it's baby yoda I'm not calling you dumb or anything but how could you not get that?

It does seem somewhat ambiguous to me as well.

Scientist holo posted:

Unfortunately, we have exhausted our initial supply of blood.
The Child is small, and I was only able to harvest a limited amount without killing him.
If these experiments are to continue as requested, we would again require access to the donor.

This does suggest that The Child and The Donor might be two different entities. It also doesn't seem to be a secret that The Child is with Mando and not Moff Gideon. So if he's requesting blood he may just be saying "yeah get your other guy back in the picture"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'm sure it's occurred to everyone that Mando is unwittingly leading them to an alternate, larger source of a reasonably high M-count to keep trying to print off Snokes? Protect ya neck, Snips.

I'm going to guess that if this is a Palpatine thing at all, Gideon is working on Palpatine's bodies. The novelization of Rise of Skywalker does all the heavy lifting of "actually writing a story" that Abrams missed and explains that Palpatine had already prepared for his eventual murder by his apprentice (the one Sith master to apparently acknowledge and try to dodge this) and had a cloned body ready and waiting, but the Sith Eternal wanted to generate a new, fresh body for him. Rey's father was one of these clones, a non-Force-sensitive one that Palpatine had rejected.

So if this is related to the First Order plans and not something totally unique, my guess would be that Gideon is working on trying to create Force-sensitive bodies for Palpatine to inhabit. The remnant that he's commanding certainly seems fanatical enough for it.

If it's not tied in to Palpatine, I'd just go with a Dark Jedi super soldier program. Trying to mass produce Force-sensitive clone warriors that can be used to take over the galaxy.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Phylodox posted:

Also, did they cut out that the weird ferret thingy could breathe fire? That was awesome!

Hah yeah, I saw it during the credits and thought we missed out on some good visual gaggery:

Also what kind of backwater town has parents who can send their kid to school with a whole loving sleeve of macarons??

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

It does seem somewhat ambiguous to me as well.

It's not ambiguous. The child is the donor. They need access to it again to get more delicious midichlorian blood.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm going to guess that if this is a Palpatine thing at all, Gideon is working on Palpatine's bodies.

Right, but the idea is for Plot Reasons whoever he's working on (Palpatine being a very likely candidate) needs force user blood to make the magic happen.

Presumably Luke Skywalker is way too high profile for a rump fleet of sad Imp holdouts to try and kidnap, so if they can't get the kid and realize Mando has lead them right to another Force user, well, baby you put Asokha's blood in eyeglass doctor's lab and you got a stew going.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

What I don't get is how Herzog thought anyone would be served by simply having the baby murked and gave the contract to the Mando as "preferably alive but whatever."

Maybe that's why Moff Giancarlo has him killed so offhandedly.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe this is how Ahsoka dies.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
If I was doing a Star Wars show I would totally use it to make all my favorite poo poo canon:

Hasbro Troop Carrier, yep.
Boba Fett lives, sure!
Straight up entire portions of KOTOR!
Dark Troopers!

At this point the New Republic group that comes in to save the day at the end is gonna be Wraith Squadron, and they all appear on screen and are referred to by name

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

404notfound posted:

Also what kind of backwater town has parents who can send their kid to school with a whole loving sleeve of macarons??

I was giggling about macarons passing for cheap space cookies.

I am also extremely amused about how Din is starting to act more and more like a dad. He loses all his stoic manner whenever he has to take care of the baby. Cleaning his vomit, making sure he takes his nap, and having a small first-day-at-school dad freak out. :allears: He is also trying to teach him how to repair stuff, which reminded me of when my dad would take me to see how to clean the tires and change oil to his truck.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Has windshield technology not been invented in the Star Wars universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxCc9nvAj8

2:25

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I like how Din just assumed his small green son would be safe messing with live wires just because he lifted a big angry space cow with his mind and exploded a man once.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Potentially Dark Troopers or whatever they were called; the original battle droids from Dark Forces.

The descriptive audio for the episode calls them that by name.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

404notfound posted:

Hah yeah, I saw it during the credits and thought we missed out on some good visual gaggery:

It explains why the guy Cara shot had his face all burned up inexplicably.

Also, Michael Biehn is 64. Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar would probably be in their mid-30s.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like how Din just assumed his small green son would be safe messing with live wires just because he lifted a big angry space cow with his mind and exploded a man once.

I feel like Mandalorian culture is big on learning lessons the hard way

Cage Kicker posted:

If I was doing a Star Wars show I would totally use it to make all my favorite poo poo canon:

Hasbro Troop Carrier, yep.
Boba Fett lives, sure!
Straight up entire portions of KOTOR!
Dark Troopers!

At this point the New Republic group that comes in to save the day at the end is gonna be Wraith Squadron, and they all appear on screen and are referred to by name

*pounds desk* GIVE US REVEN YOU COWARDS

Not in Mandalorian but in general

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cage Kicker posted:

:hellyeah: I’m down with this.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Phylodox posted:

It explains why the guy Cara shot had his face all burned up inexplicably.

Also, Michael Biehn is 64. Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar would probably be in their mid-30s.

It's Kyle Katarn from the future who traveled to the past from the World Between Worlds :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Since the title of this one was The Siege, that would seem to lend credence toward an old leak which said (title/runtime spoilers) the next episode is titled “The Jedi” and will be 52 minutes long. And it’s Dave’s written by/directed episode.

So brace yourselves for the reaction to that.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah Michael biehn would be perfect Katarn casting if this was the 80s and he was like the age he was in Terminator 1, but unless they’re gonna totally change up the character he’s a little old for the role. but maybe he can play young side of middle age? I haven’t seen him in anything in forever, I have no idea how he’s aged

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
That was an assault, the opposite of a siege.

Also, I want a New Republic Frontier Corps show shot exactly like COPS.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I thought that was the weakest episode of the season so far, but still good. I liked the things that happened but not the way they happened, if that makes sense. It seemed like the action was a bit more repetitive and not particularly exciting or interesting, especially when compared with the very efficient and tightly directed previous episode. There were too many almost identical scenes of them running around in the base shooting over their shoulders not adding anything to the plot or intrigue. Coupled with the inconsistent acting and some dodgy CGI on the scout troopers and the whole thing felt a little too B movie in execution if not content.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'd put pretty good odds that either this season or next season we'll see Katarn or Rendar on Mandalorian. I want to see Rendar's goofy rear end looking N64 ship rendered in full cgi glory.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

NowonSA posted:

I'd put pretty good odds that either this season or next season we'll see Katarn or Rendar on Mandalorian. I want to see Rendar's goofy rear end looking N64 ship rendered in full cgi glory.

it was a doug chaing design

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sash! posted:

Maybe this is how Ahsoka dies.

I'm gonna be pretty surprised if they went through the trouble of bringing Ahsoka into live action, and casting a big name movie actress to play her, just to kill her off. No way Disney doesn't want to roll the Mando popularity into something else with Ahsoka.

I doubt she stays around on this show, mind you. She's too much of stakes increase. But her own spinoff, either in live action, or an animated show with the added exposure of Mando behind it, would make a lot of sense.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

teagone posted:

Yeah I'm down for her Cara quietly rejoining the republic army and never seeing her again. Either that or recast her. Disney pls.
If they don't want to kill off the character but want to recast, just have her go hardcore orthodox Mando so she'd have to wear a helmet all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

NowonSA posted:

They've already done most of the work - a variation of it was made for Episode IX