Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

euphronius posted:

No burying it now is a good idea . We will forget we were mad soon

Extremely true. For every hundred people declaring the moderate nerf to harvest as its absolute death and the associated death of poe, I would be surprised if more than one actually abstains from the next league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I wonder if GGG would have been better off to announce these Harvest changes with the main 3.14 manifesto (or hell, maybe even just slip them in with the patch notes)? That way you at least get whatever "good" new stuff is coming down the pipe to soften the blow. I guess the hope of saying it now is that the outrage will have enough time to die down before next league start? Maybe they thought reddit would be more understanding (lol) if they isolated the news and tried to be as transparent as possible with their intentions.

I am assuming they wanted to do this now so it wouldn't overshadow their new league marketing, the hope being that the community will get over this by the time the previews start. I know reddit has a short memory but this nerf really hits the POE "middle class" hard so who knows.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

search engine posted:

Extremely true. For every hundred people declaring the moderate nerf to harvest as its absolute death and the associated death of poe, I would be surprised if more than one actually abstains from the next league.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm personally and individually responsible for every change they're making to harvest. I did it to cater to the top 1% of players on reddit who all love me for it. I'll never change it back.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You fiend

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Impermanent posted:

i loved my OWN IB raider but compared to ziz's bbbf chieftain it was extremely fragile and low dps.

What does OWN mean?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

What does OWN mean?

One With Nothing

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

search engine posted:

I for one, hope everyone claiming they're not going to play the next league follow through with their threats, at least for the first couple days so the league launch isn't fucky

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Tiny's trial is the correct difficulty level for crafting and all other crafting options should be removed.

:hai: The only honorable solution

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Ah, I was thinking hollow palm but forgot that's the name of the jewel

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Are you immune to shock? Are you getting cursed?

No I'm running Forboding flasks so I'm always Shock/Freeze/Bleed/Curse immune.

I just brought my EHP up to 8000 and ate poo poo to, apparently, Bameth casting a Vaal Detonate Dead? And was I seeing things or is it possible for there to be two Bameths onscreen at the same time?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zero VGS posted:

No I'm running Forboding flasks so I'm always Shock/Freeze/Bleed/Curse immune.

I just brought my EHP up to 8000 and ate poo poo to, apparently, Bameth casting a Vaal Detonate Dead? And was I seeing things or is it possible for there to be two Bameths onscreen at the same time?

Yep Bameth does that, and as far as I know 2 of them are possible.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Captainicus posted:

:hai: The only honorable solution

Despite ending every single tiny's trial with a modless item, I agree

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bugsy posted:

Yep Bameth does that, and as far as I know 2 of them are possible.

2 Bameth's are definitely possible, though all the beyond bosses look very similar.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
All the beyond mobs use graphics from the beta and thus GGG is removing beyond from the game. There's no other solution.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Removing Beyond only makes sense if they make Shivershell show up 10% of the time. Gotta keep those random "gently caress You" Vaal Detonate Dead rips in the game somehow.

vvv :hmmyes:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 12, 2021

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
eh Bameth's vaal DD got neutered hard leagues ago, it's not even scary anymore, what we need is more det dead totems.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Areas contain 4 additional Tolman

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Got a mirror (shard) drop today, I think that's all my potential luck used up for a while.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Why the hell is the twin heist so expensive and how hard is it to do it?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I don't really get why reddit is so laser focused on 6W items being a form of power creep or some poo poo and not just a marginal fashion thing lmao.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

boredsatellite posted:

Why the hell is the twin heist so expensive and how hard is it to do it?

Because it's rare and a challenge. It's ludicrously easy, Nashta is way harder.

It's two fat dudes in a basement who do very little damage. Just keep moving and make sure to kill them about the same rate or the surviving one gets a stupid damage reduction buff and the fight will take forever.

e. also revenge for Hana, you fuckers. Sirus nukes Oriath I don't give a poo poo, but touch Hana and you're dead.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 12, 2021

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah okay if its just an easy fight I'm fine. Im just worried about dying and the instance disappearing cause its heist (no idea how it works now since the heist area is a public instance)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I don't really get why reddit is so laser focused on 6W items being a form of power creep or some poo poo and not just a marginal fashion thing lmao.

Because the mass production of 6w astral/regalia completeley invalidates any other 6link out there. It's supposed to be a super endgame item, not something you grab for a fiver once you hit maps.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Turn on your brain and you’ll get it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I wonder if GGG would have been better off to announce these Harvest changes with the main 3.14 manifesto (or hell, maybe even just slip them in with the patch notes)? That way you at least get whatever "good" new stuff is coming down the pipe to soften the blow. I guess the hope of saying it now is that the outrage will have enough time to die down before next league start? Maybe they thought reddit would be more understanding (lol) if they isolated the news and tried to be as transparent as possible with their intentions.

This is what's so unsettling with that manifesto IMO. I don't care as much about harvest as about why this was posted now.
If it was so bizarre that it doesn't fit into their vision of the game they could have "fixed" this in first month of the league. They fixed beast splitting bug in a day. They had (supposedly) all the data tracked, many people already dropped the league but indeed played a lot longer than before - retention was good. If it's not so drastic in their game book then why post it now? Why didn't they post it as usual, a few days before new league? It's so out of their MO it's jarring and raises questions.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Because when the next league manifesto is released most people will have forgotten or accepted the harvest changes and they will only have the usual complaints about nerfs instead of nerfs+harvest nerfs.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They're also giving some warning to standard crafters so they don't get blindsided.

And yeah, announcing it now gives the redditors time to calm down from "sending bomb threats" to "wanting to play the next league". It's not the sort of unexpected degneracy that gets something nerfed mid-league though.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
just a normal person who plays some poe on the harvest changes

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

von Braun posted:

:yikeseroo:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

von Braun posted:

There was a reddit post yesterday talking about sending ggg a trophy/prize for the decision.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
who tf is Rob

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Estel posted:

Because when the next league manifesto is released most people will have forgotten or accepted the harvest changes and they will only have the usual complaints about nerfs instead of nerfs+harvest nerfs.

Eh, we'll see what happens in pie-league manifesto, I guess.

von Braun posted:

I never got how his income/content is threatened when his income, aka "content", is totally reliant on stealing smaller youtubers' videos and ideas.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

Ah okay if its just an easy fight I'm fine. Im just worried about dying and the instance disappearing cause its heist (no idea how it works now since the heist area is a public instance)

It's even better; you can attempt unique heists as much as you want. Die a million times that portal ain't going nowhere.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Erulisse posted:

I never got how his income/content is threatened when his income, aka "content", is totally reliant on stealing smaller youtubers' videos and ideas.

Sorry kids, they nerfed daddy's favorite kind of wizard down at the content mines so we won't be having Christmas this year.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
some good bounties in the gauntlet

https://twitter.com/karvarousku/status/1370397297423622145?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

5000 chaos in ssf league ?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

5000 chaos in ssf league ?

in a private ssf gauntlet league

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I didn't play right at league start, I started about a week in, and by the time I finished the campaign I could buy a 6WL Astral Plate with the c I made leveling up:

I pick a 10% conversion helm for 1c, a timeless jewel, and then ask someone for a Sirus to brick and it turns out he can't really kill me.

https://i.imgur.com/cIuDeTW.mp4

I'm not expert in this game, or really anything, but as I look at that 10c chest I bought and think I'm pretty sure that poo poo would have cost me a great many ex in previous leagues, and while browsing the endless sea of 6WL Astral Plates I found out that that item was like, garbage comparatively. One which I could still just pass to my second character as inheritance and the sockets don't matter. I'm not even sure I could buy an uncorrupted 6WL Astral Plate base for 10c before, and now that I think about it I'm wondering if I could even buy an uncorrupted non-unique high level 6L Armor at all for that price. Probably? I have no idea, but all I saw was an endless ocean of 6WL basically for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that’s what I meant. That seems very Grindy.