Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Make sure to snag all the passive skills on your class lines, racial, armor, and weapon(s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Well, yeah, I don't know the last time I died. I just always see people 2 shotting stuff and wonder how far I am from that. I do need to get better gear though.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Wiltsghost posted:

Well, yeah, I don't know the last time I died.

You need a faster mount and more jumping, I die all the time!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I think CP 160 is when you can buy the real gear? It's been so long I can't remember.

e: didn't quote the post somehow

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Barreft posted:

I think CP 160 is when you can buy the real gear? It's been so long I can't remember.

e: didn't quote the post somehow
CP 160 is where gear stops leveling. So if you're level 34 and use level 34 gear you're as good as CP160 with CP160 gear, but when you get to level 40 that level 34 is not as good. But if you're CP1000 your CP160 gear is still optimal because that's the gear cap. That means that at CP160 you can actually grind out different sets and have them all be the same level. If a CP34 tries to find set pieces, they'll have outleveled some of them by the time they have what they want, not to mention that spending mats on upgrading gear that will soon be obsolete is a waste and at that level you don't have that much gold and mats to throw around in the first place.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Am I able to jump right into Vet dungeons at 50 or do I need to gear up to a specific point. First time I've ever hit cap and don't want to gently caress anything up or whatever.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Am I able to jump right into Vet dungeons at 50 or do I need to gear up to a specific point. First time I've ever hit cap and don't want to gently caress anything up or whatever.
In theory, yes. You don't need a special meta gear setup to do vet dungeons, but the expectation is that you're above average at your role, so it depends on you. I think vet dungeons also open up by level, so you won't be thrown into the harder DLC ones right away.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

if youre on pc and wanna buy 3+ mil AP points for about a 1:1 ratio let me know

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The first set of endeavors are out.
Some tips:
The 2 chests can be dolmen chests.
The 15 kills from class abilities can be the 1HP things like shroom beetles or pony guars.
It's all account wide, so you can get the four blacksmith crafts using daily writ crafting on 2 characters, for example.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The first set of endeavors are out.
Some tips:
The 2 chests can be dolmen chests.
The 15 kills from class abilities can be the 1HP things like shroom beetles or pony guars.
It's all account wide, so you can get the four blacksmith crafts using daily writ crafting on 2 characters, for example.

In case anyone can't find the Endeavors screen, it is on the Group (default p) screen.

Holy poo poo those prices are stupidly high! It will take several months to get even the mid tier rewards. I guess I could buy some riding training books for my alts.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

They're goal is clearly to say "crown crate items are able to be earned, so if you really want (1) something you can earn it." They want people who gamble on crown crates to be able to fill in a missing thing or two they don't get and those who don't to get the occasional thing, not earn a significant number of things. A bit disappointing but if rewards and prices match up to around 16000 every three months that wouldn't be too bad. Some people think it'll be much worse, so we'll see since rewards for dailies vary.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wow you weren't kidding. I hope the weekly ones give out more points because gently caress.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
My theory is that this is ZOS attempt to cover their rear end once "surprise game mechanics" get smacked down in more and more countries.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

This strikes me like the F76 scoreboard fiasco. In the first implementation of it, you had to do every daily and weekly, and could only miss a handful, otherwise you'd never get enough Score to get the good rewards. They eased that way back, and now you can complete it easily as a casual. I know they are different companies, but the Daily and Weekly thing has been in F76 for a while now. A lot of the design decisions between games seems to filter over to the other.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Last night on PS5 I couldn't get the 2nd chest for the 2 chest endeavor to trigger. I got the first one from a random chest in the wild. Then I opened multiple random chests, lockboxes and even tried switching to an alt and doing the same. it just said 1/2 and never gave it to me. Someone said to try a Doleman but I had to log off for the night so never got to try that.

And then I don't bother with PVP so I also didn't get those points.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Trastion posted:

Last night on PS5 I couldn't get the 2nd chest for the 2 chest endeavor to trigger. I got the first one from a random chest in the wild. Then I opened multiple random chests, lockboxes and even tried switching to an alt and doing the same. it just said 1/2 and never gave it to me. Someone said to try a Doleman but I had to log off for the night so never got to try that.

And then I don't bother with PVP so I also didn't get those points.

You can only get 3, so if you finished the others, the last 2 are grayed out and stop progressing.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Poe posted:

You can only get 3, so if you finished the others, the last 2 are grayed out and stop progressing.

Oh ok. You would think there would have been something in game to even explain ANYTHING about this new stuff. There wasn't even a notification tab thing to say that it was live or anything.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Trastion posted:

Oh ok. You would think there would have been something in game to even explain ANYTHING about this new stuff. There wasn't even a notification tab thing to say that it was live or anything.

💯It took me like 30 minutes to figure out where they hid the daily list.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New, poorly explained game features are 100% on point for Zenimax Online.

Check AlcastHQ they probably have 20 videos on how to do it by now.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

MH Knights posted:

In case anyone can't find the Endeavors screen, it is on the Group (default p) screen.

Holy poo poo those prices are stupidly high! It will take several months to get even the mid tier rewards. I guess I could buy some riding training books for my alts.

ha! Apparently it was even worse at some point.. Check this screenshot they used. TWO

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

That could be okay if the Endeavor price were 1:1 with the crown gems costs, but this miniscule rate with random days worth less is baffling.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

ha! Apparently it was even worse at some point.. Check this screenshot they used. TWO

That was on PTS, there was no pricing on PTS. So it wasn't necessarily worse, it had no context.

My guess is they originally meant to make prices 1:1 with gems. But then they realized that would give them much less room to increase/decrease reward rates based on engagement metrics, so they multiplied everything by 10. Then they scaled the prices so that people couldn't say "I don't care about radiants, I'll take all the other crown crate stuff instead." Gems were meant to let crate gamblers get the little stuff while still buying crates for the radiants and Apexes. Endevors are meant to let non-crate gamblers get the occasional radiant, or a couple of lower tier things, but still not be able to get a significant amount of things so that you still need to buy crates if you want many of them.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, the OP is outdated?

For solo play, how is survival-oriented Magicka templar fairing against stam templar?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Did they increase the spawn rate for psijic portals? I used to see them very rarely - like mayyybe one every two weeks. In the last few days I’ve found five. RNG being RNG?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Doctor Zero posted:

RNG being RNG?

This.

Sometimes I go a couple days never seeing one, other days I'll find 5 in one zone.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I could google.. but justpost

Can someone explain endeavors to me and what they do?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

They are daily objectives basically (with weekly versions coming). Collect x bear asses, kill x rats, do a dungeon, etc.

Oh, and when you complete one, you get ENDEAVOR COINS that you can use on cosmetic items instead of Crown Jewels. Seems like you can get 45 a day, so it will only take 240 days to get a reward!!!

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 19, 2021

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Gold vendor up..selling AP :D

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Doctor Zero posted:

They are daily objectives basically (with weekly versions coming). Collect x bear asses, kill x rats, do a dungeon, etc.

Oh, and when you complete one, you get ENDEAVOR COINS that you can use on cosmetic items instead of Crown Jewels. Seems like you can get 45 a day, so it will only take 240 days to get a reward!!!

lol k thanks

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

Seems like you can get 45 a day, so it will only take 240 days to get a reward!!!

I'm confused by this because I feel like every time I logged in this week I was seeing different numbers. Yesterday I got 25 seals + 1000 gold per daily, but I swear that wasn't true earlier in the week.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Pryce posted:

I'm confused by this because I feel like every time I logged in this week I was seeing different numbers. Yesterday I got 25 seals + 1000 gold per daily, but I swear that wasn't true earlier in the week.

I suppose it could change based on the task. I haven't bothered to make an :effort: to do them because I recently got to Coldharbor for the first time, and I'm just taking my time and enjoying the story line.

E: yeah, it does
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Endeavors

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 21, 2021

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

It changes based on the day/week. I don't think it's actually based on the task, though we'll have to wait until something comes up again to confirm.

Pryce posted:

So far it has been:
15+5K XP
25+1K gold

They'll probably go from 15-30 and Weeklies from 200-300.

Small sample size, but this would allow someone who does 90% of these to get one apex per crown crate season, or a radiant every 2 seasons.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I haven't played this game in a very long time and my account says I have "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: SUMMERSET™ DIGITAL STANDARD EDITION"

I'm getting the urge to jump in and play again, but when I go to the store the only upgrade option is for the Blackwood upgrade. If I pay the money for Blackwood, will I get whatever other chapters came before it also, as I don't see them listed for sale at all without purchasing the full game again (The "Blackwood Collection" shows it includes Greymoor and Elswyr).

I'm not really too keen on re-buying the entire game when I already own the game plus the first two chapters.

Thanks.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The Locator posted:

So I haven't played this game in a very long time and my account says I have "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: SUMMERSET™ DIGITAL STANDARD EDITION"

I'm getting the urge to jump in and play again, but when I go to the store the only upgrade option is for the Blackwood upgrade. If I pay the money for Blackwood, will I get whatever other chapters came before it also, as I don't see them listed for sale at all without purchasing the full game again (The "Blackwood Collection" shows it includes Greymoor and Elswyr).

I'm not really too keen on re-buying the entire game when I already own the game plus the first two chapters.

Thanks.
Upgrade only gets you the latest chapter, you need to rebuy that collection to get the in between ones. The price difference is not too big, but since Blackwood just released it's a steep price.

Steam sale should be soon and while it won't be a big discount you might get 20% off.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 22, 2021

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

The Locator posted:

Thanks.

You’d just be getting Blackwood (With the exception of the Collection). Previous chapters get rolled into ESO+ once the newest is out.

If you haven’t played in a while I recommend just subbing to a month of ESO+ to have the entire DLC backlog prior to Blackwood for $15 to see if you’re still into it before buying Blackwood itself.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Pug Rodeo posted:

You’d just be getting Blackwood (With the exception of the Collection). Previous chapters get rolled into ESO+ once the newest is out.

If you haven’t played in a while I recommend just subbing to a month of ESO+ to have the entire DLC backlog prior to Blackwood for $15 to see if you’re still into it before buying Blackwood itself.

When I look at the ESO+ information it says Darkmoor isn't included. Here is the footnote on the ESO+ page:

¹Access to DLC game packs available in the Crown Store (2020 Greymoor and 2021 Blackwood Chapters not included)

Really sort of sucks that they give no smooth upgrade path beyond buying the entire game over again unless I feel like waiting for some unknown point in the future. I'd be fine with that if they at least gave a discount to people who currently own the game and some prior chapters.

Oh well.. I'll have to think about it.

Edit: Actually I might have found the simple solution. Darkmoor is 3500 crowns in the crown store, and I have 3050 crowns already, so if I subscribe to ESO+ I'll get the crowns immediately I think? If so then I can just buy Darkmoor in the crown store and then wait and see if I want to get Blackwood later.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 22, 2021

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The Locator posted:

When I look at the ESO+ information it says Darkmoor isn't included. Here is the footnote on the ESO+ page:

¹Access to DLC game packs available in the Crown Store (2020 Greymoor and 2021 Blackwood Chapters not included)
That page is wrong, it is included. I think that note is from before Blackwood was released.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 22, 2021

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

That page is wrong, it is included. I think that note is from before Blackwood was released.

Okay, thanks. I'm downloading the game now so I'll see what's included when I subscribe.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I just picked this up to fart around and enjoy for a month, can anyone shoot me a guild thing? @Asherah93

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I downloaded the game, got my ESO+... and I can't make a necromancer without buying the class. wtf... I thought since that was part of Elswyr and I have access to that, I would have access to the class which came with it, but nope... drat this is kind of annoying me and they really don't make any of this clear on their site, you really have to dig for stuff and search the support FAQ's to figure it out.

It's 1500 crowns for the class, and since I have never played Elswyr I guess I can start there instead of Darkmoor, but I guess you don't get the classes that come with the chapters unless you actually purchase that chapter, which there isn't much point in doing when I am going to have ESO+ for whenever I'm playing.

Oh well, I'll have a month to mess around with the new class in an area I've never seen and then if I get a 2nd month I'll have enough to get Darkmoor I suppose.