Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Raku posted:

The dolphins literally should and have been challenged to say they're not sniffing around a trade and have declined

I mean everybody knows they are sniffing.
Sniffing the wonderful aroma of Tua Tagovailoa as starting QB that is.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Who cares what the fins say publicly. If they've kept Tua in the loop, who cares what they've failed to actively refute? That puts too much power in the hands of idiot reporters.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

torgeaux posted:

Who cares what the fins say publicly. If they've kept Tua in the loop, who cares what they've failed to actively refute? That puts too much power in the hands of idiot reporters.

That rationale is not the rationale of a team that has faith in their quarterback.
They should be trying to squash this story like a bug instead they are being Koi Fish.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Lmao I remember being on gang green nation at the time of the draft and all the Jets fans there were desperate to get him, believed he was gonna be a hall of fame player. They despaired when the Dolphins traded up for him, but I was happy.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1432479563502833665

That's crazy, I'd have never seen that coming.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man they do not loving care about sunk cost whatsoever

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wait. They sign Shaq Lawson last year for 3/30m. Trade him for McKinney after 1 year and then release McKinney before ever getting a game out of him.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That's very confusing, he's currently listed as the starting ILB in the depth chart. They went out and got him to be the run stuffer. Who is gonna take that role now? Brennan Scarlett? Surely not Elandon Roberts again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is pepsi ok posted:

That's very confusing, he's currently listed as the starting ILB in the depth chart. They went out and got him to be the run stuffer. Who is gonna take that role now? Brennan Scarlett? Surely not Elandon Roberts again.

It's Elandon Roberts lol

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I 100% believe there was a like visit to a strip club in New England a couple years back and Elandon Roberts has some serious dirt on Brian Flores. Photographs, shallow unmarked graves, etc.

Am I watching him being penciled in for 400 snaps after coming off a knee injury as bad as he was last year? I've got visions in my head of him and Baker both catching blocks and being pancaked like a mid 2000's Madden game where the same animation is triggering for both.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 31, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Another year, another

1. Inexplicable cutting of an assumed starting linebacker
2. Uncertainty surrounding Tua
3. Bad OL

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Another 2 wins over what pundits projected preseason. :cool:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did Dion Jordan ever even stop doing coke for like the three days needed to pass a drug test?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

Sounds like they're clearing cap space. Perhaps for a trade :v:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the dolphins are also cutting tua and the rest of the roster and announce theyre giving up on football altogether

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Magicpants posted:

the dolphins are also cutting tua and the rest of the roster and announce theyre giving up on football altogether

good!!!!

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Hamhandler posted:

Dolphins FO are a bunch of headless chickens and actively make worse the weakest position groups on the team, OL and LB.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1432679794341289984

:what:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots cuts:

OL - WIll Sherman - 6th round pick this year
G - Alex Redmond - 5th year player from the Bengals. He's... passable, someone should probably grab him as a not-embarrassing stopgap.
WR - Kristian Wilkerson - Played well in the last preseason game, has generally stunk all camp though
WR - Tre Nixon - Dude wore #87, get the gently caress out.
WR - Isaiah Zuber - Caught a touchdown in the last game, not good.
DB - Myles Bryant - Semi-capable, should probably at least make someone's practice squad
DB - Dee Virgin - spent 3 years in detroit.... yeah
DB - D'Angelo Ross - UDFA, caught an int in the last preseason game, *shrug*
TE - Matt LaCosse - Been around the league since 2015. He's... a warm body.

Edit: DL - Montravius Adams - 4th year player from Green Bay, drafted in the 3rd round. Barely passable depth?

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 31, 2021

Nov 6, 2002

I guess I didn't pay attention to camp reports, cause I think Kristian Wilkerson looked decent in preseason.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's made good catches but everything I saw said he'd have a drop for every catch, and welp.

Getting open enough to be able to make a catch would be an upgrade over last year's WR core though!

Also I presume they're keeping Harry just because they can toss him on IR and play this whole game again next year, yay! Supposedly he had a good camp, but he looked loving miserable in both preseason games, so...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cam has been cut, Mac Jones is week 1 starter

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wow, you aren't kidding

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/1432706144557051924

Nov 6, 2002

YEEEEEES

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’d take him as a 3rd stringer

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So are BWW acceptable wings or is Josh a massive sellout?

https://twitter.com/BWWings/status/1432388407913746439

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

t a s t e posted:

I’d take him as a 3rd stringer

Might put the Bills under the vaccination % threshhold though. :v:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

They're maybe acceptable if you go when they're cheapest and you don't have better options you have better options. Especially in Buffalo lol

Nov 6, 2002

Thanks for all the fishes Cam, but uhhhh, you should retire.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP Cam. You were glorious for a few years but now you're toast.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

Disgusting

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think Cam will definitely get picked up, too many unvaccinated quarterbacks out there that will absolutely miss time, like Cam Newton.

Oh, but if a team signs him, he has to sit out for like 5 days right? lmao.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
The future is now now I guess. Woulda thought backup but vaxx(/vet respect?) you let him go?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Remember all of the breathless “how could the NFL let Bill Belichick get Cam Newton?!” takes from last year? Those were funny.

Anyway, that’s 100% the right decision for the Pats. There’s no reason not to go all in on McCorkle after his preseason and it would be totally unproductive to have Cam breathing down his neck all year.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Everything Belichick did this preseason would give you the presumption Cam was the starter. Instead, he's cut.

Never let anyone tell you Bill isn't ice cold.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Holy poo poo did not see that coming.

:slick:

Nov 6, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

it would be totally unproductive to have Cam breathing down his neck all year.

this is how you do it miami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And here I was all excited to be talking about waiver wire wide receivers today.