Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The dreaded vote of confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The dreaded vote of confidence.

maybe I will change ur name

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets beat doing their typical bang up job of not even reporting on the preliminary 53.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets twitter is talking about Zach Ertz.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wait so who is left other than Mac

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1432820788948832256?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Stidham is on PUP. Brian Hoyer is the backup, and while he generally sucks, at least has actual NFL experience and can run an offense.

lol although they’ll probably re-sign him after W1.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1432820788948832256

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Another player who was too respected and talented for Mac to be safe

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

Jets twitter is talking about Zach Ertz.

Good luck getting him from those cock blocking Eagles.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahahaha

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1432822646316621825?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress off forever Fromm!

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

This has gotta be roster fuckery. He'll probably be re-signed by tomorrow.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Herndon details. Lol they got a 4th. JD rules.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1432825088743809030

Also full cut list. They have no TEs left and I’m sad Tanzel Smart got cut.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1432825210084986882

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wow Griffin cut too?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Symphoric posted:

This has gotta be roster fuckery. He'll probably be re-signed by tomorrow.

Yeah, I presume they know nobody else is going to grab him, so he can just sit at home for the next week and get a little extra taste when he re-signs after all the bottom of the roster churn happens over the next few days.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bobby Hart is gone hell yeah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Getting a 4 for Herndon is pretty hilarious. No Jet fan would've cared at all if he had just been cut.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Herndon details. Lol they got a 4th. JD rules.

Yeah, Vikings are all definitely in on "make it work this year or we're all getting fired", so good job on getting them to buy high on a 4th year dude who's good for 2 catches for 25 yards a game.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Very little surprising from Bills cuts.
I guess the team isn't as deep as I thought because there isn't much meat left on those players they cut.

Also

fsif posted:

gently caress off forever Fromm!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

lol Ross absolutely was driving this and was absolutely oblivious to how much heat he and the team would take over it and folded.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
A 4th for Herndon is hilarious. I guess there are some TE moves coming given they literally only have Kroft on the active roster…

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots initial final roster:

E: Btw I presume the deal is N'Keal Harry goes on IR tomorrow because only players that go on after tomorrow can come back in the season, and that's Hoyer's roster spot.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 31, 2021

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I love that Taiwan Jones stays with the Bills because of how butthurt it makes some of our fans.

They say oh he's worthless he only plays ST and takes spots away from more worthy players.

However,

The one time we didn't have him in the Texans playoff loss the motherfucker has a 34 yard catch out of nowhere in OT and ends their season.

He's worth a roster spot just to avoid him being used against us.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
jets fans wouldnt have the stomach to survive as a pats fan

where were going (the super bowl), we dont need a backup qb

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

haha. Now I want the Jets to have both sides of that trade.

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1432844122801516547

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pasaluki posted:

I love that Taiwan Jones stays with the Bills because of how butthurt it makes some of our fans.

They say oh he's worthless he only plays ST and takes spots away from more worthy players.

However,

The one time we didn't have him in the Texans playoff loss the motherfucker has a 34 yard catch out of nowhere in OT and ends their season.

He's worth a roster spot just to avoid him being used against us.

It be the same fans yelling for tasker in the hall that don’t appreciate a gunner now

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What Bills cut are fans even clamoring for over Taiwan Jones? Isaiah Hodgins? Davis Webb?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the patriots have all the quarterbacks they need baby

or at least they will once they sign tebow as backup

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

One of my idiot friends is convinced they cut Hoyer because they're trading for Deshaun Watson.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

What Bills cut are fans even clamoring for over Taiwan Jones? Isaiah Hodgins? Davis Webb?

I don't even know but people were spergin hard about it.

To me the Bills pretty much trimmed the fat off the roster. I mean Hodgins might be good but they already have 7 wrs on the roster so...

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

haha. Now I want the Jets to have both sides of that trade.

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1432844122801516547

It seems like it'd be a weird luxury signing for where the Jets are right now. He doesn't really have the range for MLB/WLB, he'd be solid as a SAM but it isn't what he does best and he'd probably be expensive all things considered.

IMO the Patriots should absolutely sign him though.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Symphoric posted:

One of my idiot friends is convinced they cut Hoyer because they're trading for Deshaun Watson.

The signing ceremony will involve Bob, Bill, and Deshaun taking a dump directly on Myra's grave.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Would surprise me a bit if Hollister wasn't brought back.

https://twitter.com/salsports/status/1432839625098383361?s=21

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I hate Dawson Knox

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

I hate Dawson Knox
I can't wait for him to drop a perfectly thrown ball against Kansas City and gently caress us over.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://youtu.be/q5qWhV-Q8lU

More CFL players plz

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Taiwan Jones deserves a roster spot because his name is Taiwan Jones and that is objectively a cool name.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

t a s t e posted:

I hate Dawson Knox

Hmmm, yessssss.

Maybe Metzelaars still has some juice in the tank?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:crossarms:

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1433042051642318849?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You have dealt with an unbelievable slanted and negative media, and have come out beautifully – beautifully. You’ve proved to be the ultimate competitor and fighter. Your leadership is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Bill is way too smart to just say Cam's vax status contributed to them cutting him.

Like a poo poo for brains Jaguars coach.