Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't remember if I ever posted this here before, but here's the blanket my wife had made for me after we listened to The Travel Bug like 3 times in a row:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just relistened to Triumph at Comic Con, and it's probably my favorite episode of Hollywood Handbook

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Just relistened to Triumph at Comic Con, and it's probably my favorite episode of Hollywood Handbook

This is one of the things I'll put on sometimes if I'm feeling down. I think about The Incredible Hunk a lot.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

JethroMcB posted:

Gabrus posted an Instagram story last week of the cartoon/Vtuber Gino with a link to the CBB World account, so that seems extremely likely. Fingers crossed that The Neighborhood Listen does the same, but yeah, one show that runs only occasionally isn't keeping me around.

I've got a feeling that the CBB World announcement is going to result in a noticeable dip for Stitcher Premium's subscriber numbers, but who knows. Maybe there are enough people signing up for the archives of Conan's show and Office Ladies to outset the exodus of alt-comedy nerds.

I mean Conan and Office Ladies are way more popular than any of our long time favorites especially in the modern podcast world.

We love this stuff, but IFC went hard on the alt comedy crowd a few years ago and pulled back because the audience wasn't actually there.

Is it possible to watch Shrink on anything?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I mean Conan and Office Ladies are way more popular than any of our long time favorites especially in the modern podcast world.

We love this stuff, but IFC went hard on the alt comedy crowd a few years ago and pulled back because the audience wasn't actually there.

Is it possible to watch Shrink on anything?

I know that the famous people's podcasts are infinitely more popular than "Four white guys around a table come up with tortured puns for an hour," I just wonder whether or not that audience as readily converts to paid subscribers.

And per JustWatch, Shrink isn't on anything currently; not even Peacock, Universal's clearinghouse of "Ah poo poo what do we do with all this content we own but don't like"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

My stitcher premium auto-renewed but it's not showing my account anywhere and their support can't find it either.

Since I already paid I'd rather keep it going for one more year and not have to replace all my feeds with various Patreons, but they apparently have no record of me ever having an account so I guess I'm just going to do a chargeback?

I also signed up for a free trial thinking this would be a glitch, and it turns out you can't currently cancel your subscription on the Stitcher website.

Absolutely terrible product

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

In terms of Earwolf-adjacent podcasts (which I suppose is increasingly what this thread is about more than Earwolf itself) Lapkus was back on the last episode of the Newcomers Fast & Furious season. It seems like she'll be back as full-time host for next season and that she and Nicole already decided what they're going to watch, and neither of them are excited for it, which makes me a bit hesitant. I thought this and the Tyler Perry seasons were so good precisely because the hosts were so into it. I really hope they don't go back to the slog that was the LOTR season.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

In terms of Earwolf-adjacent podcasts (which I suppose is increasingly what this thread is about more than Earwolf itself) Lapkus was back on the last episode of the Newcomers Fast & Furious season. It seems like she'll be back as full-time host for next season and that she and Nicole already decided what they're going to watch, and neither of them are excited for it, which makes me a bit hesitant. I thought this and the Tyler Perry seasons were so good precisely because the hosts were so into it. I really hope they don't go back to the slog that was the LOTR season.

theyre going to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

theyre going to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion

:pray:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I just want to hear Scott Hasn't Seen, and maybe new eps of ADPPP, but I don't need archives or ad-free CBB. $70? No thanks. I hope they have some kind of a la carte plan.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

FitFortDanga posted:

I just want to hear Scott Hasn't Seen, and maybe new eps of ADPPP, but I don't need archives or ad-free CBB. $70? No thanks. I hope they have some kind of a la carte plan.

$70 is just pennies a day.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Looks like that pricing is now confirmed https://medium.com/acast/scott-aukerman-to-launch-comedy-bang-bang-world-slate-in-partnership-with-acast-3232982968a0

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

FitFortDanga posted:

yeah, sign up for a month every six months and download what you want.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It sucks that Earwolf Premium is dead because now I'm stuck paying more for all the podcasts I like!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I demand to pay $3 a month for the stuff that is in the $7 tier but explicitly not include the things in the $4 tier.

e:

quote:

Season 1 of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project, hosted by Andy Daly and Matt Gourley, with Season 2 to follow soon

I thought there was going to be a new season coming, is this just written weirdly as I'm sure there was already a definitive season split between the 2 sets of episodes?

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 28, 2021

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It sucks that Earwolf Premium is dead because now I'm stuck paying more for all the podcasts I like!

Same, though I feel better knowing that my money is going more directly to the performers rather than a subsidiary of a faceless media conglomerate.

FitFortDanga posted:

Ad-free CBB has always been a big draw of Stitcher Premium for me because Scott's ad reads are terrible

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I demand to pay $3 a month for the stuff that is in the $7 tier but explicitly not include the things in the $4 tier.

e:

I thought there was going to be a new season coming, is this just written weirdly as I'm sure there was already a definitive season split between the 2 sets of episodes?

i think they're saying the current season 1 is going to be included with whatever tier, and they are also recording a season 2 which will be put on that tier once its done

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’m one of the psychopaths who signed up for See-So.

I never finished Shrink :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Probably have to wait until the exclusivity rights revert back to them from Stitcher. Something we've seen with Hollywood Handbook's Patreon and very recently Teacher's Lounge, where $15 gets you both the new season and access to the entire back catalog, but at the moment they only have the first three seasons.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Great HH ad today.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh hey brett's credited as co-founder of this and executive producer, that's fantastic

was worried he was going to be doing other things after those posts about leaving Earwolf, but sounds like he's just going to be the main behind the scenes guy on this

and given the current cost of comedy podcasts that're patreon-only, $7/mo (or a little less for a year) seems extremely reasonable

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

boxcarhobo posted:

i think they're saying the current season 1 is going to be included with whatever tier, and they are also recording a season 2 which will be put on that tier once its done

Yeah that was my confusion, because there are already 2 seasons of it.. so it's the lack of talk about a possible s3 that had me concerned.

JethroMcB posted:

Probably have to wait until the exclusivity rights revert back to them from Stitcher. Something we've seen with Hollywood Handbook's Patreon and very recently Teacher's Lounge, where $15 gets you both the new season and access to the entire back catalog, but at the moment they only have the first three seasons.

Totally makes sense as to why it's not all dropping at once (plus it keeps it fun for those who haven't had it all before and will like the content to drip in).

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh i didnt realize the PPP s2 had ever come out, jeez

well now im confused too!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah that was my confusion, because there are already 2 seasons of it.. so it's the lack of talk about a possible s3 that had me concerned.

This clears it up. They have the rights for Season 1, and hopefully get Season 2 back soon.

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442919440991936516

I wonder if they get rights to the PeeCastBlast episodes. That's where Bonanas Episode 2 currently lives. Obviously Bonanas Episode 1 is part of Pilot Project Season 2 so that won't be there.

X-O fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 28, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Scott is spending his whole day trying to answer what is what on Twitter, and it’s not for the usual reason of users being dense. It’s just fairly confusing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I would pay buco dolores for a new season of Mike Detective

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Riptor posted:

Who is buco dolores? President of earwolf?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Riptor posted:

Weren't they teasing that at one point? I remember an Instagram screenshot of a mike detective script.
Anyway, I find it funny that Scott is raiding Stitcher of all of the talent he brought there in the first place. Neighborhood listen is absolutely coming in, barring any contractual difficulties.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It’s kind of a coup for Scott, from what I can tell. He got to cash out from Earwolf and now gets to go back to doing things without a conglomerate over his head.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Riptor posted:

Let him know on Twitter if you've got an account. He seems to genuinely be looking for input from fans on this thing.
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442921759007596545

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442918264263241730

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thank god, there's a RSS feed instead of having to resort to dumb bullshit

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442919764842594314

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Done. Let's just hope I'm not like a guy who swallowed a hammer: tool ate

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Well this certainly explains why Shaun Diston stopped doing episodes on his Patreon. And since I was paying for that for one show I'm all good with this set up.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
flagrant ones / cbb world crossover ep when

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Is earwolf just going to die then? I mean they have Conan and the office ladies but is that enough? I know they are huge draws, but idk.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Brett is answering questions on Reddit and posted this:

quote:

Here's the weekly schedule!

Monday: CBB ad-free.

Tuesdays: Andy Daly Podcast Project (aka new Bonanas)

Wednesdays: CBB Presents

Thursdays: New series yet to be announced

Friday: Scott Hasn't Seen (ep 1 drops Oct 1st)

So I guess ADPPP might alternate with Bonanas as Andy has time/ideas/lines guests up? Also worth noting that the CBB Archives, including live episodes, will no longer be available through Stitcher.

Also:

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442915012280946689

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It appears that Bonanas archives will not transfer over right away according to that chart. So that will live on Stitcher still for right now. Hope it does before my year runs out as I listen to those eps randomly quite often.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's just the mailbag episodes that are stitcher exclusive though right? I think the main ones are all available on the earwolf site but maybe with ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Help Im Alive posted:

It's just the mailbag episodes that are stitcher exclusive though right? I think the main ones are all available on the earwolf site but maybe with ads

Well Bonusnanzas is really just as good, if not better, than Bonanas.