Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hey, albert brooks! wonder if he'll be a funkhouser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I feel like Albert Brooks is the kind of person who should exist as himself in this universe but that would make it extra weird being Bob Einstein’s brother. Then again the Funkhousers already have one family member who’s way too famous in real life (Vince Vaughn).

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Happy to see Jon Hamm coming back. His episode was one of the best last season.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

We are currently in a pandemic world; post-pandemic must mean that this takes place in the future.

:thejoke: because too many people are assuming that the pandemic is over, which it is clearly (to sane people) very much not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Trailer out:
https://youtu.be/zRCMPMGDN00

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I can't wait. Curb gives meaning to life.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Season 11 started today, the episode already played. It was okay, don't think it was the best season opener or anything but I'm glad to see Curb come back.

Surprised it took this long for "Larry is getting dementia" to be a plot point in some way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot it started tonight.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Another overstuffed but generally amusing episode which has kind of dominated recent seasons. Leon was definitely MVP tonight.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
not to complain about plot holes in curb, but you got sienfeld money larry, taquirito owner cant touch you

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jeff's face when the bracelet was in the air killed me. Also "Don Jr." had a photo right behind Larry of him next to a dead animal.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Netflix loving how many of their posters they can get in this lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Despera posted:

not to complain about plot holes in curb, but you got sienfeld money larry, taquirito owner cant touch you

Larry facing jail time is laughable but you know he’d rather tank his new show than spend more money on a lawyer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Despera posted:

The fact that he has tons of money and is still so cheap is why it's funny.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I thought for sure that girl would walk into the glass wall next to the door after her tryout, thus giving Larry a clear out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There is no way the stooges weren't getting laid

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
I hope the extortion plot line doesn't take up a lot of space in the season. If feels overly familiar and the stakes are too high.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It is insane how Larry David seems to have been 65 years old for the past 20 years. Dude has looked the same forever, like a cursed Keanu Reeves.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
That episode was spinning too many plates but I still enjoyed it. Albert Brooks getting outed as a COVID hoarder had me howling.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Jon Hamm yelling “first responders could have used those!” At a bunch of toilet paper killed me

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Albert Brooks is a great addition to the show. He fits in perfectly in every way.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Despera posted:

Are you talking about the guy that wanted 6k from a guy that has dementia RIGHT AFTER he solidified a Netflix deal? This is the guy you think will spend millions fighting this?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Are you talking about the guy that wanted 6k from a guy that has dementia RIGHT AFTER he solidified a Netflix deal? This is the guy you think will spend millions fighting this?

Hey that's due on principal alone. You think Larry gives a poo poo about the money? It could be $20 and he'd still be trying to get it back.

I thought the taco guy storyline with the actress was incredibly weak and I hope it doesn't drag out through the season. The whole "criminal's family sues victim of his crime because of X" isn't really a source of comedy to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Albert Brooks is a great addition to the show. He fits in perfectly in every way.

Albert Brooks' girlfriend had a distracting, too much plastic surgery, face.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Willie Nobody

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is no way the stooges weren't getting laid

Curly got laid all the time, he was married 4 times and hated shaving his head mainly because he thought ladies wouldn't like it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
who the hell cares about getting laid when you can buy cocaine by the boatload

Despera fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 26, 2021

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Albert Brooks cartoonishly pulling out the huge Purell bottle at the end loving killed me, I am dead

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Was funny how Larry was seemingly his only friend left at the end.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jerry David.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry facing jail time is laughable but you know he’d rather tank his new show than spend more money on a lawyer.

All I could think about was how he should have threatened to open a spite store next door as a counter.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was firing on all cylinders and was loving hilarious. Holy poo poo. How is this show consistently funny. My god.

I thought they would for sure have an audition walk into the glass but drat - so loving good.

Larry is a genius!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
oof page three

also who the gently caress takes the middle seat?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God I love Larry's lies.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just leave the seat, Larry, jesus

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I hope someone mutters "Don Jr. ... rear end in a top hat" under their breath at least once per episode.

Edit: Nevermind.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Despera posted:

oof page three

also who the gently caress takes the middle seat?

I thought it was a funny line but I was also thinking "he just got there, maybe that was the only free seat when she got there". I feel like a key to this show is Larry is usually principally in the right, he can just be an rear end in a top hat about it. I hope they keep him on that side of the line and don't turn him into just another rear end in a top hat yelling at clouds.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pretty underwhelming episode. Still has a baseline level of funny that all Curbs have but a little too predictable without many memorable ideas.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at Leon crossing off a list of Mary Ferguson’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The Jeff abortion plotline was cringe. Felt out of place for Curb and not within Jeff's character.