Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Drake no: chopping in the stands

Drake yes: chopping on some cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Kirios posted:

They're both really good pitchers dude, what the hell? And you're expecting Framber Valdez, Jose Urquidy and Luis Garcia to have three excellent starts in a row? When they've been, at best, incredibly inconsistent this postseason?

Obviously I hope it gets to game 6 in the first place. Fried gave up a decent chunk of runs in his start and Anderson, despite throwing five no-hit innings, was all over the place with his pitches. If it gets to game 7 and he throws a 39-37 strike-ball split again that would be spectacular

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Squall posted:

MOTHERFUCKER, THE DODGERS CAME BACK FROM 3-1 LITERALLY LAST YEAR AND OUR NFL TEAM IS LITERALLY KNOWN AS 28-3.

The series is NOT over. The Braves have a solid lead though, and despite my usual pessimism I am happy as gently caress that the Braves have a 3-1 lead. But seriously, stop pretending that the series is over. It isn't. I don't care how pessimistic you are.

The Dodgers are a hell of a lot better than the Astros

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

In summary: it sucks that the Astros will likely lose the WS but it’s hilarious that they are gonna once again lose to a bum-rear end NL East team that will struggle to compete in their division next year

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kind of disappointed that Squall doesn't see how big of a difference these two series are.

Hey, Squall, I'd feel better if we had Dustin May, Walker Buehler and Julio Urias up for the next three games! But we don't!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

The Dodgers are a hell of a lot better than the Astros

Hell yeah.

(I edited my post so that's really all I have to say about this one.)

I think the Braves would have won the World Series last season if we managed to beat the Dodgers to be fair. But seriously, you are facing against Atlanta. Do I really need to say 28-3 again?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Squall posted:

MOTHERFUCKER, THE DODGERS CAME BACK FROM 3-1 LITERALLY LAST YEAR AND OUR NFL TEAM IS LITERALLY KNOWN AS 28-3.

The series is NOT over. The Braves have a solid lead though, and despite my usual pessimism I am happy as gently caress that the Braves have a 3-1 lead. But seriously, stop pretending that the series is over. It isn't. I don't care how pessimistic you are.

Hahahahaha drat son you realize none of that has any bearing on actual reality right? This a good team that more importantly is clearly hotter and more in tune with each other than the astros. loving enjoy it and stop thinking you can talk the team into a win while trying to flush any swagger down the toilet.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I missed the game - why was Greinke pulled after 4 scoreless?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

illcendiary posted:

In summary: it sucks that the Astros will likely lose the WS but it’s hilarious that they are gonna once again lose to a bum-rear end NL East team that will struggle to compete in their division next year

It sucks but the last five years have been a hell of a ride, and if Correa comes back there's a chance to take a few more shots if they add some pitching. I never foresaw the Astros making it to the WS this season when it started so it's been awesome even in defeat.

Aside from that, the cans thing and the whole Deshaun mess has gotten me taking sports a lot less seriously so I can just ride the highs of this season and be disappointed in the way it's ending but get over it

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kirios posted:

Kind of disappointed that Squall doesn't see how big of a difference these two series are.

Hey, Squall, I'd feel better if we had Dustin May, Walker Buehler and Julio Urias up for the next three games! But we don't!

The Braves literally have two starting pitchers left alive, If the Dodgers didn't kill their own starters by making them pitch in relief they'd be in this series and not the Braves.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

because he's old

actually I can't remember why but I can remember thinking it didn't seem like a bad pull

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bees x1000 posted:

Because he got COVID a couple months ago

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

pigz posted:

Hahahahaha drat son you realize none of that has any bearing on actual reality right? This a good team that more importantly is clearly hotter and more in tune with each other than the astros. loving enjoy it and stop thinking you can talk the team into a win while trying to flush any swagger down the toilet.

Dude, I am enjoying the poo poo out of this. Don't get it twisted. I am excited, happy, I am feeling good. But I refuse to pretend that 3-1 ends the series.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Also seriously that chant is out of loving control lol. So embarrassing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hopefully we steal game 5 so there won't be a bunch of people hooting and chopping for the celebration

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

So they could put Marwin Gonzales in to PH to ensure we didn't score any runs. Sad!

He gave up a single an inning and looked good. I'm still pissed he was taken out. If he went to Strom and said I'm done that's a whole other story, don't know what went down

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

Hopefully we steal game 5 so there won't be a bunch of people hooting and chopping for the celebration

lol half of Texas is about to start chopping for no reason once they see the video of donald doing it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kirios posted:

I could see us winning Game 5 potentially. There's no way we beat Fried and Anderson though. This was the one we had to have and we blew it.
For the record Fried has had two straight rough starts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh man the Braves are totally gonna be the MAGA team after that Trump chop. Enjoy seeing the Braves logo next to thin blue line nonsense.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

illcendiary posted:

Also seriously that chant is out of loving control lol. So embarrassing

The boomers are even more happy to do it now that people are telling them to stop. Probably stuck with it for 5 more years now, ugh.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The back-to-back home runs were pretty exciting.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kirios posted:

Oh man the Braves are totally gonna be the MAGA team after that Trump chop. Enjoy seeing the Braves logo next to thin blue line nonsense.

im frankly enjoying seeing the team you like lose to the braves

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm just watching how much the Braves players are enjoying this season and being really happy for them

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

cool glad you're having fun. bengals are cool though hope you guys do well. burrow's a great quarterback.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Help I've gotten it twisted.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I'm just watching how much the Braves players are enjoying this season and being really happy for them

Yeah the players are pretty cool. Except Joc

*hides*

e: If it's gonna end this way it's a shame Acuna didn't get to play in the WS

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Gotta think it's either going to be Drew Smyly or Jesse Chavez starting tomorrow. Chavez is short relief, but he's done an opener or two. Atlanta still hasn't used Tucker Davidson and he's a starter by trade.

Somebody needs to buy Kyle Wright a round or 100 for the job he did tonight. He wasn't perfect, but he was enough.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Kirios posted:

Don’t you put this evil on us.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's gonna be a chief noc-a-homa punisher skull with a thin blue line through it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:stare:

Meltdowns in this thread, holy moly

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Help I've gotten it twisted.

dang

Let's go the Braves bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTM_eN8AZeQ

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Some A-tier Cubsposting going on!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

SourKraut posted:

Some A-tier Cubsposting going on!

I love that apparently I am Cubsposting, God bless Cubs posters TBH.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Squall posted:

I think he means Kirios

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Squall posted:

Don't you take this from me rear end in a top hat.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kirios posted:

Don't you take this from me rear end in a top hat.

lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

still doing a healthy amount of lmao at the mighty Astros offense shut down by Powerful Kyle Wright

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

also my voice has left me entirely

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Tatsuta Age posted:

still doing a healthy amount of lmao at the mighty Astros offense shut down by Powerful Kyle Wright

Kylle Wright is Good, Actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What's wrong with Kyle Wright? Sure he hasn't been great in the majors but it's a very small sample size, he was dominant in AAA and he's still regarded as a top tier prospect.

Like seriously we could be looking at the second coming of the Braves having an incredible starting rotation. The pieces are all there.