Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tatsuta Age posted:

still doing a healthy amount of lmao at the mighty Astros offense shut down by Powerful Kyle Wright

They can't bang the cans in Atlanta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kirios posted:

What's wrong with Kyle Wright? Sure he hasn't been great in the majors but it's a very small sample size, he was dominant in AAA and he's still regarded as a top tier prospect.

Like seriously we could be looking at the second coming of the Braves having an incredible starting rotation. The pieces are all there.
It'll be a hell of a thing to see, especially if Soroka stops tearing his achilles every other year

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kirios posted:

What's wrong with Kyle Wright? Sure he hasn't been great in the majors but it's a very small sample size, he was dominant in AAA and he's still regarded as a top tier prospect.

Like seriously we could be looking at the second coming of the Braves having an incredible starting rotation. The pieces are all there.

He has been Not Great overall but he was good as hell for one game last postseason and tonight but not good enough for him to play in the Majors a single time this season even as the Braves were bad as hell most of the year.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Seriously I gave up when Acuña got hurt. The Braves season ended there.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Squall posted:

Seriously I gave up when Acuña got hurt. The Braves season ended there.

brother, entirely same until I got swept up in The Race to 500 and locked back in

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Watch this be the only World Series this Braves generation win - with Acuna not there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If the Braves win, will Brian Snitker do anal

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Poque posted:

If the Braves win, will Brian Snitker do anal

He's old school. He doesn't do anal.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Squall posted:

He's old school. He doesn't do anal.

Loves Jesus and America, too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tatsuta Age posted:

still doing a healthy amount of lmao at the mighty Astros offense shut down by Powerful Kyle Wright

well snitker's son is their hitting coach so there's clearly some collusion going on :v:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Intruder posted:

Man those 7 LOB in the first three innings sure look painful now

Yes... very much so.

Squall posted:

OUR NFL TEAM IS LITERALLY KNOWN AS 28-3.

Hey. Houston knows football pain. You've heard of our 41-38 loss in 1993, I'd wager:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1lgLXsO2Ag

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Intruder posted:

It sucks but the last five years have been a hell of a ride, and if Correa comes back there's a chance to take a few more shots if they add some pitching. I never foresaw the Astros making it to the WS this season when it started so it's been awesome even in defeat.

Yeah, this is easier to take IMO than losing to the Nationals in 7 (which was fine, really, but the whole 7 road team wins thing was just flabbergasting)... and in turn, that was easier to take than losing to the Red Sox in the 2018 ALCS.

If we'd won that, we'd likely beaten the Dodgers again as we had Verlander and Cole still (but then ofc after the scandal broke both wins would have been equally tarred in most people's eyes, so... for what it's worth).

Johnny Bravo posted:

lol half of Texas is about to start chopping for no reason once they see the video of donald doing it

Mostly the Rangersfan half, though. Even the chuds who root for the Astros aren't gonna forgive the Braves for ending our 2021 WS hopes so easily just because the Donald did the chop.

... god I hope so, at least.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Hey. Houston knows football pain. You've heard of our 41-38 loss in 1993, I'd wager:

quote:

The Comeback or The Choke
lol

Squall fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 31, 2021

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Since the MLB is going to fold into itself and die due to the incoming lockout I think y'all should enjoy the last NFL work stoppage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymSrDfLhW8

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
It still blows my mind that the Braves made the World Series this season much less have a 3-1 series lead. It is far from over but only having to get one more win is a great feeling.

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

I finally finishing watching this and goodness. Yeah, the Falcons are fantastic at blowing big leads but that definitely is a larger lead than they have managed to blow. The Falcons blow theirs in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl instead of the Wild Card round though, and lmao at Buffalo managing to make 4 Super Bowls without winning poo poo.

Anyway, let's go Braves, win the World Series on Halloween.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021
And then the Oilers left Houston forever a couple years later, as if to tie a bow on it.

But yes...

Happy Halloween! If the Braves do finish the Astros off as a trick or a treat, it'll be the first time in years the WS didn't extend into November, iirc.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

lol just finally woke up and my voice can't go above a hoarse whisper

seriously debating taking out a small loan to go back to the park today and see us win it all at home

gently caress last night was so cool

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

absolutely wild to me, Braves weren't even over 500 until like the end of August lmao

i hope we win but I'm happy with even getting this far, Freddie needs a gat dang ring imho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"I feel right now I am Super Rosario," Rosario said. "I don't see the ball. I throw the glove and catch the ball, everybody's happy, I'm happy. It's unbelievable what I did tonight. Wow, what a catch."

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Epic High Five posted:

"I feel right now I am Super Rosario," Rosario said. "I don't see the ball. I throw the glove and catch the ball, everybody's happy, I'm happy. It's unbelievable what I did tonight. Wow, what a catch."

amazing

I mean can you imagine being aware of your talent level and doing whatever you can to maximize it and then just happening to hit the hottest stretch of your life exactly at the same time as the highest possible profile

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 31, 2021

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

god I hope we pay this man

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rosario is going to get criminally overpaid this offseason and never put up numbers like he has in this playoffs again

And honestly, good for him and I won't even be mad if it's the Braves that do it

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

WE READY! Let's Go The Braves

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
:911:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

go braves i’m racist against native americans and have a foam axe go braves

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I hope Atlanta chokes for the next three games.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Rosario is going to get criminally overpaid this offseason and never put up numbers like he has in this playoffs again

And honestly, good for him and I won't even be mad if it's the Braves that do it

I really doubt that, he's averaged 1 war for 3 years.

He should at least get a job though.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

26 outs left

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rooting hard for the Astros, we need as much baseball as possible before it goes away until 2023.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Double play!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tucker Davidson getting people out in the World Series

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Tucker Davidson: ELITE

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the atlanta braves are just 24 outs away

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

it's kind of hosed up the astros tried to break our pitchers leg in the first again but it didn't work this time

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Jorge!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bregman might want to consider becoming a hermit after this series.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeesh bench Bregman, can't hit, can't field

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm sad that this is the last baseball game of the season and that there will not be a season next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Honestly the Cubs should just sign Jorge.