Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doltos posted:

I want to see fat zion fly through the air

Here is some video of what it might look like.

Sweetgrass posted:

yeah they're absolute garbage every time I get forced to watch a game through them, the camera quality is mediocre and bally somehow finds the worst commentators alive for every game it seems like. maybe other regions are better but in the southeast I'd rather listen to the radio or just watch the trackers online than watch a bally sports cast
Bad camera stuff is the worst, since you can always turn off the sound, but if the picture is crap, it just ruins everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1468236218995466249

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Apparently, the Zion pic that went around yesterday was a 'shop:

https://twitter.com/panthermikey182/status/1468198679689396224?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ayo getting the frrrrooom CHICAGO intro.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Here is some video of what it might look like.

lol i thought it was gonna be a link to this clip.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kibner posted:

Apparently, the Zion pic that went around yesterday was a 'shop:

https://twitter.com/panthermikey182/status/1468198679689396224?s=20

I just assumed he was wearing a bunch of layers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ayo getting the frrrrooom CHICAGO intro.

I would like to apologize to Ayo for some of the things I said when the Bulls drafted him.

I was pretty wrong.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

lol i thought it was gonna be a link to this clip.

I was thinking more of when he comes down, it's going to be like a nuke hit. lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Glumslinger posted:

I just assumed he was wearing a bunch of layers

He is honestly absolutely terrible at dressing himself.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Bar your opponents from entering the country. Truly light-years ahead.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

quote:

A factor in keeping McCollum in Portland had always been Olshey, who in the summer of 2020 was offered Jrue Holiday for McCollum and three first-round picks. Olshey turned it down, in part because he would have only one guaranteed season of Holiday before he became a free agent.

https://theathletic.com/3002581/202..._shared_article

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That seems like a reasonable decline. CJ + 3 FR for a 1 year rental seems like not a good deal, and that's factoring in that CJ with his contract is probably under water value wise.

Holiday is great but I don't think that turns Portland into some no-doubt contender.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

That seems like a reasonable decline. CJ + 3 FR for a 1 year rental seems like not a good deal, and that's factoring in that CJ with his contract is probably under water value wise.

Holiday is great but I don't think that turns Portland into some no-doubt contender.

Yeah I don't think I would've done that deal either. Portland used one of those picks with Ariza to get RoCo and another first round pick with DJJ to get Nance. I would take CJ/RoCo/Nance over Jrue/DJJ/Ariza.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1468260718784909316

:patriot:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
no fuckin way

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

omg lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ops supporting ops

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Not even hiding that he's a plant lol love it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It’s come full circle

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1468271818846969858

lmao just doing all the CIA's greatest hits.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1468277020161458187?t=ZLxF8-zyGzHlBs7OK-FjjQ&s=19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Take Porzingis, Carlisle loves that guy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hornets should be all over a deal for Turner but their picks are tied up and I dunno if something like PJ Washington, James Bouknight + NO's fake no. 1 is good enough to beat other offers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

God Turner on the Hornets would be loving terrifying.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Take Porzingis, Carlisle loves that guy

Needs more centers for the Mavs to take that trade. It's the only position they want depth in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Does Chicago need help at 4 & 5? I can totally see them trying to swing for the fences with Sabonis

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I feel like we've seen this story several times and the result always is Indiana just running it back again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm dying ahahah

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I love how Kanter can’t get rid of that obnoxious smugness on his face whenever he does those

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Rick posted:

I feel like we've seen this story several times and the result always is Indiana just running it back again.

This time attendance is actually down so there may be some movement. Pacers have been happy to be middle of the road "make the playoffs" as a successful season metric for a long time...but now that attendance is dipping, they can take the rebuild years.

There are going to be some very happy teams with Sabonis and Turner. Maybe Turner gets to be on an All-Defense team when people watch him play for a non-Indiana team.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Myles Turner on the Raptors or even Charlotte would be great.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Operation DNP-ULTRA omg lmao

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
wouldn’t sabonis do great in Charlotte too

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Warriors Pacers trades make the most sense.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Operation DNP-ULTRA omg lmao

Thread title please

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

wouldn’t sabonis do great in Charlotte too

Sure but they're a lot more desperate for a player who can defend than one who can score, and Turner would still be an upgrade on offense at center

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Away all Goats posted:

Myles Turner on the Raptors or even Charlotte would be great.

Turner would be such a tremendous fit and solution for Toronto’s current problems. But what do they trade for him? I feel like they don’t really have prospects between the quality of Barnes (who they wouldn’t trade) and Achiuwa/Flynn (who seem insufficient).

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1468271818846969858

lmao just doing all the CIA's greatest hits.

Lmfao

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

lol

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1468286836095078400?s=20

bullet points for those that don't have ESPN+:

• "Lillard wants a two-year, $107 million extension in July…beyond his $48.8 million in 2024-2025 to pay him $51 million at 35 years old and $55 million at 36 years old"

• "In the past year, Lillard and his camp have been thwarted on several leverage plays -- Jason Kidd as coach, trading CJ McCollum and four first-round picks for Ben Simmons. Most of all, they lost the confidence that the Blazers had a top basketball executive and ownership willing to make Lillard's contract the highest single-season deal in league history at $55.3 million in 2027."

• "Among several top-level GM candidates who fit the profile of Portland's applicant pool, there's no enthusiasm to grant Lillard his massive extension contract through the 2026-27 season. In fact, several executives told ESPN they would be far more interested in the Blazers job with ownership's blessing to move Lillard sooner than later."

• "Now, Lillard's group is privately selling the idea of trading his veteran teammates with value and rebuilding around him -- on that extension. Some candidates initially believed that Lillard's reps would have input with ownership on the next GM, but that has faded quickly."

• "Three teams with interest in Lillard told ESPN that they are waiting on him to make an offseason trade demand before calling Portland. If Lillard asks out, they know the Blazers will lose some leverage in the asking price -- and are waiting on it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

drat Dame has zero clout within the org huh